HTC Ville - Is LTE carrier universal?

Discussion in 'Android Smart Phones' started by Durango_Boy, Jan 18, 2012.

1. Durango_Boy

Durango_Boy Member

I know the title sounds cryptic, but the question is simple. Will a phone released by T-Mobile...which is LTE 4G, work on the Verizon network, which is LTE 4G?

I have been waiting for just the right phone for my upgrade from my Droid Incredible. I found a teaser for the HTC Ville a few months ago. I recently read more news about the phone, which I still want...except that it is rumored to be released by T-Mobile instead of the original carrier, Verizon.

However, if both carriers are LTE, does that mean I can buy the phone the HTC Ville, and simply insert my Verizon card in, and expect it to work?

Is this a pipe dream?

Thanks.
  2. JSM9872

JSM9872 DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Sorry to say it but they will not work. T-Mobile is a GSM network where Verizon is CDMA.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
  3. Durango_Boy

Durango_Boy Member

Darn. When I first read about the Ville they said it was rumored to go to Verizon. It's so rare to find a GOOD phone that's still in the 4" to 4.3" range, that's 4G...with all the other high end specs. Then I see they expect it to go to T-Mobile and I'm stuck again. I'm still pissed at HTC and Verizon for releasing the Incredible 2 without making it a 4G phone.
  4. JSM9872

JSM9872 DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

I haven't seen much on it. But I really haven't been looking since I just upgraded not too long ago. And you are correct it is hard to find a 4g that has a bit smaller screen, most people (but not all obviously) want over-sized screens so they are definitely building them to accommodate.
Search tags for this page
htc ville on my network
ville lte

will universal 4g lte work on verizon