1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

HTC Ville - Is LTE carrier universal?

Discussion in 'Android Smart Phones' started by Durango_Boy, Jan 18, 2012.

1. Durango_Boy

Durango_Boy New Member

I know the title sounds cryptic, but the question is simple. Will a phone released by T-Mobile...which is LTE 4G, work on the Verizon network, which is LTE 4G?

I have been waiting for just the right phone for my upgrade from my Droid Incredible. I found a teaser for the HTC Ville a few months ago. I recently read more news about the phone, which I still want...except that it is rumored to be released by T-Mobile instead of the original carrier, Verizon.

However, if both carriers are LTE, does that mean I can buy the phone the HTC Ville, and simply insert my Verizon card in, and expect it to work?

Is this a pipe dream?

Thanks.
  2. JSM9872

JSM9872 Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Sorry to say it but they will not work. T-Mobile is a GSM network where Verizon is CDMA.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
  3. Durango_Boy

Durango_Boy New Member

Darn. When I first read about the Ville they said it was rumored to go to Verizon. It's so rare to find a GOOD phone that's still in the 4" to 4.3" range, that's 4G...with all the other high end specs. Then I see they expect it to go to T-Mobile and I'm stuck again. I'm still pissed at HTC and Verizon for releasing the Incredible 2 without making it a 4G phone.
  4. JSM9872

JSM9872 Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

I haven't seen much on it. But I really haven't been looking since I just upgraded not too long ago. And you are correct it is hard to find a 4g that has a bit smaller screen, most people (but not all obviously) want over-sized screens so they are definitely building them to accommodate.
Search tags for this page
htc ville on my network
ville lte

will universal 4g lte work on verizon