HTC Vigor to be First Beats by Dre Phone?

jseah

Reaction score
Also forgot to mention that phones like the OG Droid AT ITS TIME were scarce. Its easier to charge big retail prices if there aren't any different types of hardware floating around...

sent from a 1.5ghz-Cyanogen 'Bolt
[ROM] CM7 RC 1.6.1
[Kernel] Protekk 2.6.35.14
Waiting for the Vigor...

Hence the higher price for LTE phones......there aren't many around, and they can only be gotten on Verizon.

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Also forgot to mention that phones like the OG Droid AT ITS TIME were scarce. Its easier to charge big retail prices if there aren't any different types of hardware floating around...

[ROM] CM7 RC 1.6.1
Waiting for the Vigor...

I think the main point they are trying to make is that if the full price of a phone drops, so should the subsidized price. If the base price drops and the subsidized price increases, VZW is coving less and less of the cost while charging the same (or more) for the ETF and through contracts which is making it less and less beneficial to pay the subsized price and lock yourself in for two years.

alboboy10

Reaction score
Sounds like you are speaking for everyone here. Maybe YOU won't use it as a boombox but others might. Like for example, I tend to use it as a radio considering I have Pandora running a lot.

Sent from my DROID 3 directly to YOU!

Are there any phones out there that you can actually use a boom box? I like loud phones but I don't expect to play pandora in the bedroom and listen to it from my living room.

I know beats is over rated my friend who is a dj hates beats because they charge a lot and are not the best. But we still don't know what it will sound like on phones.

Byakushiki

Reaction score
Nothing impressive, probably just adding a bloated overbassy sound sig+a cheaply made speaker that can't play anything below 100Hz.

Sent from my cyanoblurred D2G

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Nothing impressive, probably just adding a bloated overbassy sound sig+a cheaply made speaker that can't play anything below 100Hz.

Sent from my cyanoblurred D2G

But that won't even change the cost to produce the phone... The "beats" emblem painted on the back, however, will add $50 to price tag

OP
Malvado

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Are there any phones out there that you can actually use a boom box? I like loud phones but I don't expect to play pandora in the bedroom and listen to it from my living room.

I know beats is over rated my friend who is a dj hates beats because they charge a lot and are not the best. But we still don't know what it will sound like on phones.

I'm not saying I use it as a boombox. I use it as a PERSONAL radio. I only need me listening to it. And I think BEATS audio will be better than the cheap ass speaker my Droid 3 haves right now.

Byakushiki

Reaction score
Trust me. D3 is better. It'll sound clearer, which is better than a muddy, bloated sound. Take a look at the frequency response for the Beats solo's...
Bass frequencies=10-100Hz about? I don't recall it completely but it's around there. You're losing out on mids and highs.
graphCompare.php
B

OP
Malvado

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Trust me. D3 is better. It'll sound clearer, which is better than a muddy, bloated sound. Take a look at the frequency response for the Beats solo's...
Bass frequencies=10-100Hz about? I don't recall it completely but it's around there. You're losing out on mids and highs.
graphCompare.php
B

Really. I've had both the Droid and Droid 2. And those speakers were better than the what the Droid 3 has. Droid 3 speaker isn't as loud and many other Droid 3 owners will tell you the same.

Byakushiki

Reaction score
I'm going to bet it'll sound cleaner comparing it side by side to a beats phone, but only time will tell that one :laugh:

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState

Tuktanuk

Reaction score
For me; I am not sold on Beats by Dr. Dre (Monster cable) The frequency response is crap and they charge top dollar for the head sets. I'm thinking they should let a phone be a phone. Hell they can't get decent sound in a laptop; whats makes them think they can achieve it in a phone!?

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
If this is the phone that is suppose to replace The Thunderbolt. Then it is not coming anytime soon after seeing the latest EOL list and the Thunderbolt is not listed. I was told by my contact the when you see a phone on the EOL list the replacement is on the way.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-news/166405-leaked-end-life-sheet-verizon.html

It could be that the Vigor is not replacing the Tbolt but just getting a HTC dual core phone to VZW. What ever it is, hurry up!

Reaction score
If this is the phone that is suppose to replace The Thunderbolt. Then it is not coming anytime soon after seeing the latest EOL list and the Thunderbolt is not listed. I was told by my contact the when you see a phone on the EOL list the replacement is on the way.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-news/166405-leaked-end-life-sheet-verizon.html

I think he may be wrong. The Droid 3 replaced the Droid 2 before its end of life. It doesn't always mean that the replaced phone will come to it's end of life.

[ROM] CM7 RC 1.6.1
Waiting for the Vigor...

ndaoud360

Reaction score
Beats

I have an hp laptop and the beats sound awesome and if you have the beats headphones with it its even better and if you press fn+b you will turn off beats and you can totally hear a difference. So I think vigor with beats will be awesome.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I have an hp laptop and the beats sound awesome and if you have the beats headphones with it its even better and if you press fn+b you will turn off beats and you can totally hear a difference. So I think vigor with beats will be awesome.

I also have the HP with Beats and I guess the sound is good, although I usually listen on headphones ( I have Sony DR-BT100 and they are fantastic bluetooth earbuds). But the speakers are just weak. Full blast it's still not nearly loud enough.