HTC Vigor to be First Beats by Dre Phone?

OP
Malvado

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I doing it will be the TB II, it hasn't been out long enough to be updated.

Sent from my Incredible 2

Its actually being replaced. As it is pointed out in the Verizon leaked document

Sent from my DROID 3 directly to YOU!

OP
Malvado

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com

Byakushiki

Reaction score
Mega Beast of a phone? The beats part...Eh. Would rather just transplant a Moto speaker into it. My D1 and D2 speakers are decent for what they do, and are relatively clear. For $299.99 though, that's jacked up. You're paying more for the branding at that point. $249.99 feels more reasonable. Seems like an ingenious way to attract all those girls I see using Beats though :laugh:.

alboboy10

Reaction score
Lol nobody is going to use this as a boom box I want it for the specs. Definitely that gorgeous display too

OP
Malvado

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Mega Beast of a phone? The beats part...Eh. Would rather just transplant a Moto speaker into it. My D1 and D2 speakers are decent for what they do, and are relatively clear. For $299.99 though, that's jacked up. You're paying more for the branding at that point. $249.99 feels more reasonable. Seems like an ingenious way to attract all those girls I see using Beats though :laugh:.

All of Verizon's 4gLTE devices have been priced at $299

smokiedabong

Reaction score
Ehh me either but hey, youd be getting a MEGA BEAST phone for it

sent from a 1.5ghz-Cyanogen 'Bolt
[ROM]Cyanogenmod 7 RC 1.5.2
[Kernel] Drod BFS AOSP. 9

How's that ? You do realize that now you are paying $299 for a Droid Charge that retails for $560 when in the last few years you were paying $199 for phones that were retailing for more than that . In 2009 you were paying $199 for a smartphone that was retailing for $700 . The OG Droid for example was same price as the Charge , $560 . If you look at the charts the retail prices for smartphone are actually dropping . And what bugs me the most is that now you pay $299 for a $560 phone , so you get a $261 discount but you have to pay $350 ETF if you decide to quit the two year agreement which will cost you around $3.000 . VZ is just pushing it .

Reaction score

I had the D1 and I thought it was loud but quality is ehhh compared to TB...or at least I think

[ROM] CM7 RC 1.6.1
[Kernel] Protekk 2.6.35.14
Waiting for the Vigor...

Reaction score
How's that ? You do realize that now you are paying $299 for a Droid Charge that retails for $560 when in the last few years you were paying $199 for phones that were retailing for more than that . In 2009 you were paying $199 for a smartphone that was retailing for $700 . The OG Droid for example was same price as the Charge , $560 . If you look at the charts the retail prices for smartphone are actually dropping . And what bugs me the most is that now you pay $299 for a $560 phone , so you get a $261 discount but you have to pay $350 ETF if you decide to quit the two year agreement which will cost you around $3.000 . VZ is just pushing it .

The OG Droid did not have 4G, a 1.5Ghz processor(not even a 1Ghz), a nice camera, 1GB of RAM, 16GB of internal memory, a 4.3 HD display, or an aluminum body construction. Don't get me wrong I'm not saying that it's worth all 300. I'm saying that your obviously going to see prices jump if the hardwares quality jumps to, I see what your saying though.

[ROM] CM7 RC 1.6.1
Waiting for the Vigor...

Reaction score
Also forgot to mention that phones like the OG Droid AT ITS TIME were scarce. Its easier to charge big retail prices if there aren't any different types of hardware floating around...

[ROM] CM7 RC 1.6.1
Waiting for the Vigor...

OP
Malvado

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Lol nobody is going to use this as a boom box I want it for the specs. Definitely that gorgeous display too

Sounds like you are speaking for everyone here. Maybe YOU won't use it as a boombox but others might. Like for example, I tend to use it as a radio considering I have Pandora running a lot.