HTC UNLOCKING Bootloaders!

inversesrevni

Reaction score
Verizon can't sanction, as a business model, one that reduces control over potential data flow in and out of their network, like asking a random stranger to use their protected WiFi,

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I won't place any bets until Verizon themselves speaks. Even though HTC says unlocked, they don't have the final say. Verizon does.

Jk let it go just allow the masses to enjoy this victory. Then tomorrow we will discuss the carrier issue. Also someone made a good point about the charge and the revolution not being locked so VZW must not be pushing it as hard as we thought. And plus with tiered data coming and WiFi tethering apps no being accessible from VZW devices, I am sure carriers may relax a little bit.

sent from droidforums app

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
That's what I'm hoping. It would be good to see this hold. The new HTC dual core that just released actually looks very good. Waiting for confirmation if it or another version is coming to Verizon.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
awesome news, definitely not expected. might have to switch to HTC now haha...

lets hope verizon allows this

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
That's what I'm hoping. It would be good to see this hold. The new HTC dual core that just released actually looks very good. Waiting for confirmation if it or another version is coming to Verizon.

If we see it released then it will be April of next year and by then HTC would have a better dual core device or even quad core.

Doulandroid

Reaction score
I guess all the fun you were having schooling idealists was merely an intellectual pursuit. The times, they are a'changin'. Czerdrill with a positive comment, hallelujah.

sent from Dali's moustache.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com

If we see it released then it will be April of next year and by then HTC would have a better dual core device or even quad core.

There's always the Galaxy S2. That should hit Verizon about Christmas of next year. :rofl2:

zerosouls

Soulless Droid
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gplus.to
This makes me seriously consider shunning future Motorola phones and reconsidering HTC ones for my next upgrade, way to go HTC.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
I've got an Incredible and have to say I LOVE HTC. This phone has been great. Rooted and runs really nicely. Size, shape, function are all good. Can't wait to see what they have in store next.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I expect Motorola to stick by their guns. I think they are confident they will make due with the rest of the customers who don't care about unlockable bootloaders. Unless Motorola sees a huge drop in sells then I expect they will keep on what they do because they don't seem to care about root users anyway, we brick too many phones in their opinion. <------ that is me saying that not Motorola but it will be interesting to see what come out of the carriers and motorolas camp in regard to this if they even care.

zerosouls

Soulless Droid
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gplus.to
I've got an Incredible and have to say I LOVE HTC. This phone has been great. Rooted and runs really nicely. Size, shape, function are all good. Can't wait to see what they have in store next.

My fiancee has the Inc, it is a wonderful phone. She wont let me root it but stock is pretty nice anyways. Eyeballing the Inc2 for myself

zerosouls

Soulless Droid
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gplus.to
I expect Motorola to stick by their guns. I think they are confident they will make due with the rest of the customers who don't care about unlockable bootloaders. Unless Motorola sees a huge drop in sells then I expect they will keep on what they do because they don't seem to care about root users anyway, we brick too many phones in their opinion. <------ that is me saying that not Motorola but it will be interesting to see what come out of the carriers and motorolas camp in regard to this if they even care.

Just makes you think if Motorola actually made it easier to unlock and root that would sorta take care of their brick problems. But that big of a 180 from Motorola will never ever happen and I agree with you 100%.

Doulandroid

Reaction score
HTC just made a bold move, like Amazon did with the cloud music. Some new business models recognise that happy customers create a successful bottom line, not divisive marketing.

sent from Dali's moustache.

wattnxt

Reaction score
HTC, since clearly you are listening. Thank you from me, the customer!

I have been a long time Motorola customer, your decision to unlock your bootloaders has gained my patronage. I was trying to decide between the new Moto and the Inc2...if the unlock applies to the inc2...I will be getting 2 of them. One for me and one for work!

Kudos, for keeping open source...open!

Sent from my Droid1, Stable 1.2Ghz, Peter Alfonso v2 LV kernel, CM7.0.3, Zepplinrox Supercharged, Gingerbread 2.3.3 phone using DroidForums.

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
Man their facebook page is blowing up, haha, they must be pretty impressed with how this will benefit their PR. Bravo.