HTC Thunderbolt- Won't load Android Market

esposaweezy

Reaction score
After 7 hours.. (Yes folks.. I said 7 HOURS.) I had to go back to Verizon and my Thunderbolt is finally activated. Now I can't seem to get the Android Market up.. The "circle" is up and rotating that tells me it's loading but it won't load. I haven't downloaded any apps yet because it won't load. I have synced with google mail and i am able to text. I also was able to download the "Rock Band" app that it came with.
Any ideas or do I have to go BACK to Verizon AGAIN tomorrow? What a headache but the phone seems worth it so far.

OP
E

esposaweezy

Reaction score
It's a smooth phone.. wicked fast with everything I've tried to do so far. Very user friendly other than the market not loading. This is also coming from someone that has been a Blackberry Tour owner for the last 2 years! Upgrading to an Android instead of the IPhone was the smartest move I've ever made!

psptpr98

Reaction score
After 7 hours.. (Yes folks.. I said 7 HOURS.) I had to go back to Verizon and my Thunderbolt is finally activated. Now I can't seem to get the Android Market up.. The "circle" is up and rotating that tells me it's loading but it won't load. I haven't downloaded any apps yet because it won't load. I have synced with google mail and i am able to text. I also was able to download the "Rock Band" app that it came with.
Any ideas or do I have to go BACK to Verizon AGAIN tomorrow? What a headache but the phone seems worth it so far.

I had the same trouble for HOURS today, and I finally got it figured out. There is a preinstalled Google App "Talk". You must sign in to this and have it running. I do not know what "Talk" is, but once I signed in, I was immediately able to start downloading apps. I found this by clicking the HELP link in the Market app.

wolfpackdl90

Reaction score
"Talk" is like aim or a text messaging application for google, that doesn't charge your text messaging plan if you have one.....you can communicate with other people through their gmail account.....you may have to sign into that, because its linked to your google account.....

pruitt801

Reaction score
Demo or Full version

According to articles I've read, Rock Band comes pre-installed with multiple levels and 20 songs . That gives the impression that it's the full version. However, mine is only the demo. Is that false advertising or are we supposed to have the full version?

salt19

Reaction score
any one with the thunderbolt having major issues with battery life. and are there any apps to definately stay away from which will cause major gliches? first timer