HTC Thunderbolt - What do you think?

Discussion in 'HTC ThunderBolt' started by UrbanBounca, Jan 10, 2012.

1. UrbanBounca

UrbanBounca Premium Member Premium Member

I'm up for an upgrade in February, and frankly, the HTC Thunderbolt has stood out to me since release. Most of the other higher end devices are too expensive, and I'm not willing to throw down that kind of loot for a phone anymore. I purchased the D2 when it was $299, and it's been the worst phone I've ever used.

That said, what do you think of your Thunderbolt? Developing? Durability?
  2. wowings

wowings New Member

I have had my Thunderbolt since the week it was released. I love the device itself. The original battery is awful. I never got eight hours from it. The extended battery seemed too big and heavy to me. I was thinking of upgrading and then I saw a posting about the Rezound battery fitting the Thunderbolt. I have had it for a month now and totally love my TB. I do not think you will go wrong with the TB with the Rezound battery. I am not thinking of upgrading anymore and probably will not for a long time to come.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums
  3. droidxd00d

droidxd00d New Member

I believe the rezound is only 199$ now...so is the bionic...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
  4. Abe21599

Abe21599 DF Super Moderator

ya i don't think i would buy the thunderbolt at this time if you have an upgrade.
  5. macpro88

macpro88 DF Super Moderator

If he isn't willing to spend $200, is the TBold worth it at its current price?

It is 4G, so he's good there. The TBolt might not be worth the contract extension, but then again, NO PHONE is worth a contract extension.
  6. UrbanBounca

UrbanBounca Premium Member Premium Member

The Rezound doesn't appeal to me, unfortunately. As for the Bionic, I'm done with Motorola for good.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
  7. Kittysback

Kittysback New Member

I like my Tbolt. I have the Rezound battery for it... I have little glitches here and there but so do all smartphones. I dont regret getting this phone.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using DroidForums
  8. droidxd00d

droidxd00d New Member

Nexus?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
  9. Dolfan

Dolfan New Member

I too wanted the Bionic...but price at the time was not really what I wanted to spend(its cheaper now) I know I had the Droid 1...loved that phone, when I was due for an upgrade the Thunderbolt was the TOP horse out there...I wanted the Tbolt bad, but had the Droid1 rooted and was happy the way that phone was working....well anyhow, when I finally decide to go to a newer phone the top horses were the Bionic-Charge, but I didnt want the $299 price tags...so...I know I dropped back to single core with the Bolt, but thats what I went with...battery life was WAY bad...my droid got better life from a battery...I also picked up the stock battery from the Rezound phone and battery life has been WAY better....so far I have to say...Im still stock...may root sometime...but really this phone is pretty nice the way it is...just my 2 cents
  10. gthotie5

gthotie5 New Member

I don't remember the D2 being $300 and I got mine 2 weeks after launch o.o

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums
  11. Rhino94

Rhino94 Member

Personally I hate this phone amc I can't wait until I get another phone. Verizon is sending me my third replacement today. After several issues I have had. At first I loved it then issues came them they fixed it and created more software issues.
    Don't get me wrong though if you get a good working thunderbolt it is amazing. I loved the phone until I started having issues

Last edited: Jan 12, 2012
  12. JRParsons

JRParsons Member

I've had mine since release day, I finally gave up yesterday, and traded it in for a Bionic. If money is an issue, you may do just fine with a thunderbolt. Remember its a "buggy" device.

Calls drop off of bluetooth to speaker for no reason, mobile data shuts off on its own, and the last update killed the car dock functions. It does have a lot of positives.
    Good signal, call clarity, screen, it's fast, etc.

13. surge

surge New Member

Dated technology. If the phone is yours for two years you don't want to start with technology that is already over a year old. I paid 299 for my Razr, but I see they are 199 now. Good phone.
    Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
  14. Dolfan

Dolfan New Member

The razor is the badass on the block now

Sent via DROID Thunderbolt...the forgotten one
  15. Laur3nNewm4n

Laur3nNewm4n New Member

If you're not big on having the most up to date phone of the moment, the Thunderbolt seems a good bet. In a year if you feel like upgrading you could buy something better off contract and probably not spend a lot to tide you over until your upgrade. I'm due for an upgrade on my Thunderbolt in March, and depending on what's out there, might just wait longer. The Thunderbolt is a great phone if you get the Rezound battery, root it, and put a custom ROM on it. The developer support is definitely there. Tapering off some, due to a lot of them jumping ship for the Nexus, but there are a lot of solid ROMs right now.
  16. grayson russell

grayson russell New Member

I was given the thunderbolt as a replacement phone in Sept by Verizon. I should mention this was a new phone . I had 0 issues. I upgraded to the rezound & 0 issues. I also had gnex& returned it because of signal issues that I was not sure would get fixed before my return period was up. Iam now using rezound&thunderbolt. Battery life was not good on any of the phones but Iam always near a charger so that is not an issue for me. I think out of the box rezound is best phone out there if you don't plan on rooting or such.
  17. dzylzzrd

dzylzzrd New Member

I've had my Thunderbolt since release. I check out every new phone that comes out. The Thunderbolt is currently the best phone available in my opinion.

18. grayson russell

My rezound is faster than my bolt but I concur with you on the bolt. I guess both of us got a good one!!
  19. Rhino94

Rhino94 Member

Actually now I'm on my 3rd replacement or I will be when I receive because I have just gotten another faulty thunderbolt that is pissing me off. They were about to offer me offer me another phone but I wanted to try the thunderbolt one last time because I have a ton of stuff for it

20. grayson russell

I would call Verizon & get in touch with executive services and tell them I wanted a new phone other than a CLNR. I have had to do this twice.they will do more than regular cust. Service. If they won't put you through to executive services pm me & I will give you # for Corp. in New York. If you have a legit complaint they will make things right. I went through 8 CLNR before I called them& they took care or me.;)