HTC Thunderbolt update coming June 30th?

nateccnn

Reaction score
ok here is my story. so i hd recieved a refurb device (thunderbolt) the other day it was a debacle and i had to call and talk to tech support (cust. service?) to finish getting it turned on. well as i had mike on the phone i asked about the gingerbread update and he said"yes the gb update will roll out at the end of the month but it wont be ready for (me to) download until the first week of july" i then asked if it was gonna have have htc sense 3.0 and he checked and said no. so to the people that think its fake it is not. call cust. support and ask.

bob

Mike must be a paid member at Droidforums. He probably checked the news forum for the answer he gave you.

Nate

bhall238

Reaction score
I'll be honest. I'm getting really f'n sick and tired of Verizon and HTC dragging their feet with this phone in regards to fixing problems and delivering on items that have been promised for a while.

GPS? Still doesn't work properly unless you do it yourself.
My Verizon? Nope, no way to get that to work.
Netflix? Still hasn't come out with a properly working version. Unofficially, you can get a leak, but still... You shouldn't have to for the "premier 4G device" they pimped it to be.
Skype? Supposed to be included with the phone. Still doesn't work, and likely never will, unless you get a leaked unofficial version.
Reboots? OTA caused them. 2 months later, a fix has still not been addressed. Unacceptable.

Pretty f'n sad that only one OTA has come out on this device since it was released even though its been PLAGUED with problems. Its almost like Verizon has given up on the device and turning its back on everyone who owns one.

I agree with all you said. Let's not forget about Swype not working correctly on the TB as well.

jseah

Reaction score
I agree with all you said. Let's not forget about Swype not working correctly on the TB as well.

I don't know about you, but Swype works fine for me. And Swype just released a new version a couple of days ago.

bhall238

Reaction score
No auto spacing between words, no auto caps for beginning of sentences.... Never had a problem on my MOTO Droid. There was a thread where people had to download older versions to get it to work on the Thunderbolt. I uninstalled (again) and returned to stock keyboard; it's not that bad.

polish23

Reaction score
I don't know why phone companies have to make everything stop complicated I mean honestly is pleasing the people that make you rich that complicated of a concept?

Sent from my tbolt using DroidForums

Orical

Reaction score
That's the main issue, we all pay for the phone, service, add-ons, data plans and more, every phone out there should have at the least the best support available OS wise and nothing less. Believe me I would rather use what the devs from our scene make as it's always more for the user/customer but for the money they get bleeding our bank accounts for far more than other countries pay for at twice the service we should have the thing running to the store for us and kick the neighbors dog when it's out of line (Joking about the dog but you all get the point).

It's not like they don't have the time to develop future work and us being the sheep waiting for it only gets everyone flipping out on all the forums. I'll continue to support scene devs just because I know the time is being spent on the work and their learning on their own time to better themselves and those whom they teach.

Ambushbug

Reaction score
I don't know why phone companies have to make everything stop complicated I mean honestly is pleasing the people that make you rich that complicated of a concept?

Yes, it's very complicated. They have over 70 million customers with 70 million definitions of "being pleased", impossible to make everyone happy.

00 formula

Reaction score

Yes, it's very complicated. They have over 70 million customers with 70 million definitions of "being pleased", impossible to make everyone happy.

There are a lot of customers with different needs, that's why there are so many options in devices with many different feature options... delivering on promised features in a timely manner and making sure those features work the way they are supposed to is not impossible and should not be excused with "you can't make everyone happy"

polish23

Reaction score

Ok....not sure what you mean by complicated when all the company has to do is live up to what it says it is going to do.....lately verizon can't do anything right! Updates phones etc....

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Pmoser

Reaction score
I have a feeling.Monday will get some gingerbread action

Sent from my rooted Droid Increidble

jacks revenge

Reaction score
Damn. I really had my fingers crossed for today.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums