HTC Thunderbolt update coming June 30th?

Beardface

Reaction score
I'll be honest. I'm getting really f'n sick and tired of Verizon and HTC dragging their feet with this phone in regards to fixing problems and delivering on items that have been promised for a while.

GPS? Still doesn't work properly unless you do it yourself.
My Verizon? Nope, no way to get that to work.
Netflix? Still hasn't come out with a properly working version. Unofficially, you can get a leak, but still... You shouldn't have to for the "premier 4G device" they pimped it to be.
Skype? Supposed to be included with the phone. Still doesn't work, and likely never will, unless you get a leaked unofficial version.
Reboots? OTA caused them. 2 months later, a fix has still not been addressed. Unacceptable.

Pretty f'n sad that only one OTA has come out on this device since it was released even though its been PLAGUED with problems. Its almost like Verizon has given up on the device and turning its back on everyone who owns one.

Ambushbug

Reaction score
Fake. VZW wouldn't publish anything with spelling errors.

While I agree there is a good chance it's fake, spelling errors are not a good enough reason why. VZW has on several occasions posted things, even update sheets like this one, with spelling errors. Been a few examples of it on other Droid sites.

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
O.K so its safe to say that it didn't come out with an OTA of GB, my device will probably Never see GB OTA ever so obviously I did the same to have what I want.

Not sure what you meant here. I didn't mean to imply that the TB will never get Gingerbread OTA, I'm just saying I don't think it's happening in the next 10 days. The TB will get Gingerbread at some point probably in the next few months, if I had to guess.

Orical

Reaction score
I'll be honest. I'm getting really f'n sick and tired of Verizon and HTC dragging their feet with this phone in regards to fixing problems and delivering on items that have been promised for a while.

GPS? Still doesn't work properly unless you do it yourself.
My Verizon? Nope, no way to get that to work.
Netflix? Still hasn't come out with a properly working version. Unofficially, you can get a leak, but still... You shouldn't have to for the "premier 4G device" they pimped it to be.
Skype? Supposed to be included with the phone. Still doesn't work, and likely never will, unless you get a leaked unofficial version.
Reboots? OTA caused them. 2 months later, a fix has still not been addressed. Unacceptable.

Pretty f'n sad that only one OTA has come out on this device since it was released even though its been PLAGUED with problems. Its almost like Verizon has given up on the device and turning its back on everyone who owns one.

Right on, you hit it right on the head..... It's almost like they rely on the sub development scene to correct their mistakes and provide support for software issues that never get answered. It comes down to how much money you spend on service and how much they'll dole out the bull after the fact, This comes down to how much their willing to spend on devs making updates which is none profitable in their eyes. You look at how service in other countries land based and cell and see we're getting robbed blind, they know what their doing and smile all the way to the bank ignoring you the whole way.

Glad to see people get it.

Beardface

Reaction score
Who said it was an official release? It very well could have just been a screen shot of some preliminary mockup that an employee was forwarding to someone else to double check, and that person took a picture of it...

Just because there are spelling errors doesn't mean its fake.

Orical

Reaction score
O.K so its safe to say that it didn't come out with an OTA of GB, my device will probably Never see GB OTA ever so obviously I did the same to have what I want.

Not sure what you meant here. I didn't mean to imply that the TB will never get Gingerbread OTA, I'm just saying I don't think it's happening in the next 10 days. The TB will get Gingerbread at some point probably in the next few months, if I had to guess.

I'm on a T-Mobile My Touch 4G, T-Mobile has never lead me to believe that they would update software they believe is working good enough in their eyes and personally I don't expect they will so I went on my own and did what I had to do in order to have GB, I just wanted to try it and did.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Who said it was an official release? It very well could have just been a screen shot of some preliminary mockup that an employee was forwarding to someone else to double check, and that person took a picture of it...

A friend of a manager who's another manager sent me this. It's going to released real soon.

http://i.imgur.com/qqxKO.jpg

See how easy it is to fake?

Beardface

Reaction score

A friend of a manager who's another manager sent me this. It's going to released real soon.

http://i.imgur.com/qqxKO.jpg

See how easy it is to fake?
True, but just because you CAN fake it doesn't mean its fake. As I said, there are perfectly rational and reasonable reasons why this could be real.

Do I personally believe this? Judging from Verizon's history, hell no. But I've been surprised before.

mtnbkrbob

Reaction score
ok here is my story. so i hd recieved a refurb device (thunderbolt) the other day it was a debacle and i had to call and talk to tech support (cust. service?) to finish getting it turned on. well as i had mike on the phone i asked about the gingerbread update and he said"yes the gb update will roll out at the end of the month but it wont be ready for (me to) download until the first week of july" i then asked if it was gonna have have htc sense 3.0 and he checked and said no. so to the people that think its fake it is not. call cust. support and ask.

bob

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
ok here is my story. so i hd recieved a refurb device (thunderbolt) the other day it was a debacle and i had to call and talk to tech support (cust. service?) to finish getting it turned on. well as i had mike on the phone i asked about the gingerbread update and he said"yes the gb update will roll out at the end of the month but it wont be ready for (me to) download until the first week of july" i then asked if it was gonna have have htc sense 3.0 and he checked and said no. so to the people that think its fake it is not. call cust. support and ask.

bob

Please tell me you don't actually believe a csr, do you? We know more than they do. Thanks for the laugh.

electric6

Reaction score
I hope to god they release it before july because I'm sick of the numerous issue this phone has had. ARGHHH!!! lol

jacks revenge

Reaction score
Gotta say csr has been on the ball with me lately.

Told me back in early February when I could pre order thb and the date of the first s/w update. So I'd be obliged to trust in a simple s/w release date, bug fixes and hardware problems, not so much.