HTC Thunderbolt update coming June 30th?

J

JohnDroid

vzw-thunderboltupdate-screengrab062011-1308595673.jpg

Looks like those of us with HTC Thunderbolts will be getting some update love, possibly on June 30th. I've got plenty of complaints about my Thunderbolt so hopefully this update will be the fix that we were HOPING the last update was to be. What's in store for this update? How about the following:

• Skype Video Functionality
  • gTalk Video Functionality
  • Enhanced Microsoft Exchange Extensions
  • Update to Android 2.3.4
  • Sense 2.1
  • Enhanced aGPS Functionality
  • Amazon Appstore
  • Download Manager
  • Verizon Phone Finder
  • MyVerizon

(Source: Engadget and Android and Me)

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
There may very well be an update coming by June 30 - but I doubt it will be Gingerbread.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Fake. VZW wouldn't publish anything with spelling errors.

Orical

Reaction score
Either way there's room to grow with this one, you figure they'll release GingerBread for it or some one will port GB over and TB gets it anyways. The last thing I worry about anymore is whether or not their going to release specific software upgrades as most third party devs will have their way with any device the second it's available, I look for the best hardware and flexibility of the device and go from there.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Either way there's room to grow with this one, you figure they'll release GingerBread for it or some one will port GB over and TB gets it anyways. The last thing I worry about anymore is whether or not their going to release specific software upgrades as most third party devs will have their way with any device the second it's available, I look for the best hardware and flexibility of the device and go from there.
The TB already has GB no need to port it. We've been running GB since early May.

Orical

Reaction score
Personally I don't have one but part of the conversation stated:
There may very well be an update coming by June 30 - but I doubt it will be Gingerbread

Maybe I read it wrong but it looked to me that some one was worried whether or not it was coming, posted today.... Most apps can be ported over as well no matter who the provider is, I was just making a point about the hardware.

Orical

Reaction score
Since you HAVE a Thunder Bolt maybe you can clear this up for us, did they release a Gingerbread Update for the device or is it still pending (I mean OTA update by the way.) like I said before it's not like it applies to me by any means but just to clear the air on the question.

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
Since you HAVE a Thunder Bolt maybe you can clear this up for us, did they release a Gingerbread Update for the device or is it still pending (I mean OTA update by the way.) like I said before it's not like it applies to me by any means but just to clear the air on the question.

The current stock on the thunderbolt is froyo. There are, however, several good gingerbread ROMs available if one wishes to root and install something.

sent from my bolt

Z06_Mir

Reaction score
If we get gingerbread why can't we get sense 3.0 too? The boyfriends phone has it and gingerbread. It's a winning combination.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt via DroidForums.

Orical

Reaction score
O.K so its safe to say that it didn't come out with an OTA of GB, my device will probably Never see GB OTA ever so obviously I did the same to have what I want.

Over all I think Froyo is actually better and GB is over rated so you get a few more tweaks and barely enough room for flexibility after the fact. I found I can tweak Froyo far more and had better stability OS wise as well as battery longevity. It's all preference with the user and how well you know what your doing.