1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

HTC Thunderbolt update coming June 30th?

Discussion in 'Android News' started by JohnDroid, Jun 20, 2011.

1. JohnDroid

JohnDroid Guest

[​IMG]

Looks like those of us with HTC Thunderbolts will be getting some update love, possibly on June 30th. I've got plenty of complaints about my Thunderbolt so hopefully this update will be the fix that we were HOPING the last update was to be. What's in store for this update? How about the following:

• Skype Video Functionality
    • gTalk Video Functionality
    • Enhanced Microsoft Exchange Extensions
    • Update to Android 2.3.4
    • Sense 2.1
    • Enhanced aGPS Functionality
    • Amazon Appstore
    • Download Manager
    • Verizon Phone Finder
    • MyVerizon

(Source: Engadget and Android and Me)
  2. pdroid

pdroid New Member

There may very well be an update coming by June 30 - but I doubt it will be Gingerbread.
  3. Detonation

Detonation New Member

4. Mustang02

Mustang02 Well-Known Member

Fake. VZW wouldn't publish anything with spelling errors.
  5. Orical

Orical New Member

Either way there's room to grow with this one, you figure they'll release GingerBread for it or some one will port GB over and TB gets it anyways. The last thing I worry about anymore is whether or not their going to release specific software upgrades as most third party devs will have their way with any device the second it's available, I look for the best hardware and flexibility of the device and go from there.
  6. Mustang02

The TB already has GB no need to port it. We've been running GB since early May.
  7. IanG

IanG New Member

LOL. Thunderbolt has Gingerbread eh?

Hahahahahahahaha, okay man.
  8. Orical

Orical New Member

Personally I don't have one but part of the conversation stated:
    Maybe I read it wrong but it looked to me that some one was worried whether or not it was coming, posted today.... Most apps can be ported over as well no matter who the provider is, I was just making a point about the hardware.
  9. pdroid

pdroid New Member

What's so funny?

sent from my bolt
  10. polish23

polish23 New Member

I really want to know what's so funny too!
  11. Orical

Orical New Member

Since you HAVE a Thunder Bolt maybe you can clear this up for us, did they release a Gingerbread Update for the device or is it still pending (I mean OTA update by the way.) like I said before it's not like it applies to me by any means but just to clear the air on the question.
  12. pdroid

pdroid New Member

The current stock on the thunderbolt is froyo. There are, however, several good gingerbread ROMs available if one wishes to root and install something.

sent from my bolt
  13. Mustang02

Apparently you never go outside. Here is GB on a TB. I'm not laughing about it though.
  14. Z06_Mir

Z06_Mir New Member

If we get gingerbread why can't we get sense 3.0 too? The boyfriends phone has it and gingerbread. It's a winning combination.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt via DroidForums.
  15. Orical

Orical New Member

O.K so its safe to say that it didn't come out with an OTA of GB, my device will probably Never see GB OTA ever so obviously I did the same to have what I want.

Over all I think Froyo is actually better and GB is over rated so you get a few more tweaks and barely enough room for flexibility after the fact. I found I can tweak Froyo far more and had better stability OS wise as well as battery longevity. It's all preference with the user and how well you know what your doing.
  16. Beardface

Beardface New Member

I'll be honest. I'm getting really f'n sick and tired of Verizon and HTC dragging their feet with this phone in regards to fixing problems and delivering on items that have been promised for a while.

GPS? Still doesn't work properly unless you do it yourself.
    My Verizon? Nope, no way to get that to work.
    Netflix? Still hasn't come out with a properly working version. Unofficially, you can get a leak, but still... You shouldn't have to for the "premier 4G device" they pimped it to be.
    Skype? Supposed to be included with the phone. Still doesn't work, and likely never will, unless you get a leaked unofficial version.
    Reboots? OTA caused them. 2 months later, a fix has still not been addressed. Unacceptable.

Pretty f'n sad that only one OTA has come out on this device since it was released even though its been PLAGUED with problems. Its almost like Verizon has given up on the device and turning its back on everyone who owns one.
  17. Ambushbug

Ambushbug New Member

While I agree there is a good chance it's fake, spelling errors are not a good enough reason why. VZW has on several occasions posted things, even update sheets like this one, with spelling errors. Been a few examples of it on other Droid sites.
  18. pdroid

pdroid New Member

Not sure what you meant here. I didn't mean to imply that the TB will never get Gingerbread OTA, I'm just saying I don't think it's happening in the next 10 days. The TB will get Gingerbread at some point probably in the next few months, if I had to guess.
  19. Orical

Orical New Member

Right on, you hit it right on the head..... It's almost like they rely on the sub development scene to correct their mistakes and provide support for software issues that never get answered. It comes down to how much money you spend on service and how much they'll dole out the bull after the fact, This comes down to how much their willing to spend on devs making updates which is none profitable in their eyes. You look at how service in other countries land based and cell and see we're getting robbed blind, they know what their doing and smile all the way to the bank ignoring you the whole way.

Glad to see people get it.
  20. Beardface

Beardface New Member

Who said it was an official release? It very well could have just been a screen shot of some preliminary mockup that an employee was forwarding to someone else to double check, and that person took a picture of it...

Just because there are spelling errors doesn't mean its fake.