HTC Thunderbolt Surfaces Again!

Reaction score
Look at it this way... If this thing came out at the end of November is it not the device we would have now? So what is the difference, it will have a 4G radio in it. Soooo instead of us having a 3G device in our hands right now, which all of us would have, we will now have a 4G device. BUT I personally will most likely wait for the Revolution since it has HDMI out, or not. We will see. I know 1 thing for sure, I am only signing a 1 year contract.

brown200

Reaction score
Look at it this way... If this thing came out at the end of November is it not the device we would have now? So what is the difference, it will have a 4G radio in it. Soooo instead of us having a 3G device in our hands right now, which all of us would have, we will now have a 4G device. BUT I personally will most likely wait for the Revolution since it has HDMI out, or not. We will see. I know 1 thing for sure, I am only signing a 1 year contract.

I'm totally signing a 1 year contract especially since Verizon put into effect canceling the Annual Upgrade and NE2. I called a rep today and she told me two interesting things. First the everybody's NE2 dollars will expire after Jan 16th, so if I don't upgrade by then, it just goes away. I think she is wrong about that since they would have to notify every customer of that change. Second, if by some miracle I did upgrade by the 16th but I opted to go with a 1 year contract, then I would also lose the NE2 discount for not signing a two year contract and pay about $70 more. That can be a $120 swing.

wctaylor79

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
An ruu was leaked..

No Bing! :D

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Yeah I just posted the links that android central had for the RUU in the Thunderbolt forum... Great to see no Bing.. Def a positive for it.. Not sure if it was posted somewhere else but looks like the new LG phone IS binged out though...

hemorrdroid

Reaction score
What will it take to find out if they have locked bootloaders? Will a dev need to get ahold of a system dump? Hoping either the Thunderbolt or the Bionic are unlocked (as we all are i'm sure). Given that Motorola has been locked as of late, i hope HTC doesnt follow suit. Has HTC locked anything yet?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The bionic has a locked bootloader.....I am sure of it because of the other droid devices. It is more to ensure that the software put on the device is approved and wont cause problems. So if you want unlocked and full developer support then go htc.

hoppermi

Reaction score
The bionic has a locked bootloader.....I am sure of it because of the other droid devices. It is more to ensure that the software put on the device is approved and wont cause problems. So if you want unlocked and full developer support then go htc.

No guarantee that HTC won't lock the Thunderbolt. They tried to lock the G2 but devs were able to boot from the SD card to get around it. Until someone has one, we just won't know.

hoppermi

Reaction score
An ruu was leaked..

Yeah I just posted the links that android central had for the RUU in the Thunderbolt forum... Great to see no Bing.. Def a positive for it.. Not sure if it was posted somewhere else but looks like the new LG phone IS binged out though...

The Revolution they had at the show was barely skinned. Just the notification pulldown. No Bing, but the little information that was shared leads me to believe that this is very much a work in progress and what they release may or may not be Tegra, Bing, etc
It would seem odd to release basically the same phone as the thunderbolt. Camera and sense notwithstanding.

Jahmakan

Reaction score
An ruu was leaked..

The Revolution they had at the show was barely skinned. Just the notification pulldown. No Bing, but the little information that was shared leads me to believe that this is very much a work in progress and what they release may or may not be Tegra, Bing, etc
It would seem odd to release basically the same phone as the thunderbolt. Camera and sense notwithstanding.

The one they had in the video over at Engadget definitely was "Binged".

BGKris

Reaction score
besides the thunderbolt being a fail in certain areas, it's still a very nice phone nonetheless. If I wasn't caught up in having the best, this would have been my next phone.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score

No guarantee that HTC won't lock the Thunderbolt. They tried to lock the G2 but devs were able to boot from the SD card to get around it. Until someone has one, we just won't know.

Well they have the G2 fully unlocked now from the radio to s-off. The community is pretty big over on xda.

hemorrdroid

Reaction score

Yeah i was assuming the moto would be locked since the x and the 2 had it. Wasnt sure if HTC had locked anything yet.

Went from the D1 to the X and miss the options available to a phone with an unlocked BL. Love my X, and am torn at what i would decide if the Bionic was locked but the HTC wasnt. Decisions decisions...