HTC Thunderbolt Release Date

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
Maybe they had a change in plans?

Either way, those two reps didn't make that up.

The only possible date I can see is the 27th of this month. That thursday isnt cramping iPhone's style, and its the week before the 3rd. I would guess a launch day announcement on the 13th or 20th at the latest. Those dates are kind of pushing it time wise though. Otherwise this just ain't gonna happen until march(st patties day)... I cant wait to ditch my iSheep!

Seeing as how they annouced the launch date of the dinc on the 15th of april, with product release on the 29th, aforementioned time frame would fit with the dincs release. That is IF it is launch before leprecaun day. Speculation is so much fun.:icon_ banana:

I always misread my calendar, yeah 27th not 28th is my guess- for the same reasons haha

Since the reps learned a little bit about the ThunderBolt today, my money is on the public knowing the release date within the week.

And yes they will sell you a phone (make money) even in 4G is nowhere near you. I plan on buying this thing, and I'm in between three cities with 4G (Miami-West Palm, Orlando, Tampa), sucks, but in the meantime I won't have a problem with 3G. I think if Verizon MUST cap 4G, they will still offer 3G unlimited.

honex97

Reaction score
its so annoying that the thunderbolt was announced before the iPhone but the iPhone has a price and release date already and the thunderbolt STILL doesn't!!

Raptor007

Reaction score
The Verizon iPhone is nothing special, its the same phone that was launched in July 2010, with a CDMA radio. I say that because those who jump on it in February will be peeved when they launch iPhone 5 in July, again.

Thunderbolt for me, hope the January launch is good, but I am planning on St Patty's day.

kparks

Reaction score
ok so probably a stupid question.. i live in the sticks and have 3g service. i want this thing, 4g ain't going to be here ANYTIME soon, whatsoever.

will they even allow me to purchase this phone since i don't have 4g?
Only questions that arnt asked are stupid questions my friend.and my advice to u is get a x or a fascinate or d2 asap cuz this phone is not that awsome if ur not in a 4g area u can purchase this phone but u will prolly be paying the 4g price like sprint has and thats not worth it and with verison ditching there phone upgrade program this month i would act fast and upgrade in a year or 2 when 4g is much larger and phones have even frother advanced!!!

ISUVetMed

Reaction score
ok so probably a stupid question.. i live in the sticks and have 3g service. i want this thing, 4g ain't going to be here ANYTIME soon, whatsoever.

Only questions that arnt asked are stupid questions my friend.and my advice to u is get a x or a fascinate or d2 asap cuz this phone is not that awsome if ur not in a 4g area u can purchase this phone but u will prolly be paying the 4g price like sprint has and thats not worth it and with verison ditching there phone upgrade program this month i would act fast and upgrade in a year or 2 when 4g is much larger and phones have even frother advanced!!!

Before you run off and buy something that is outdated I would wait for a pricing announcement. I spoke with one of the customer service managers and told her my debate of wanting to upgrade to a droid X or wait for a 4G phone because I didnt have 4G in my area and didnt want to pay for it if I couldnt use it. She assured me (granted only 1 person and it hasnt been confirmed but so far she has been right about everything else, she told me the iphone would be before feb 15th almost a month ago) that there would NOT be an increase in price initially for 4G and I would pay for the phone and could use it without changing or increasing the cost of my current contract. Again, this could all change but she hasnt been wrong yet. Id hold out for the official word.

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
Yeah I keep hearing "initially 4G will not cost you more", and it is for that reason that I want to get a 4G plan ASAP so my plan is *supposedly* unaffected financially. Especially since I don't have 4G coverage....yet.

Dark_Jedi

Reaction score
I was up at my verizon store to pre-order the Thunderbolt and saw on the list that there were 6 iPhones already on the list and i was the only one with a different one lol..kinda funny how no one uses their brain now a days.

electric6

Reaction score
I was up at my verizon store to pre-order the Thunderbolt and saw on the list that there were 6 iPhones already on the list and i was the only one with a different one lol..kinda funny how no one uses their brain now a days.

Lol Really? It's not even on their site yet man. Care to elaborate? If there isn't an announcement today, there won't be for a very long time.

honex97

Reaction score
What do you mean today? Is something happening today?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Dark_Jedi

Reaction score

Lol Really? It's not even on their site yet man. Care to elaborate? If there isn't an announcement today, there won't be for a very long time.

Well, not really the official pre-order list but the list for them to know how who wants what. But im guaranteed the TB...woot!

electric6

Reaction score

Well, not really the official pre-order list but the list for them to know how who wants what. But im guaranteed the TB...woot!

Cool, my local rep said he's not allowed to say anything. What did the salemen at your store say the date was btw?

Reaction score
i just got the incredible last month but i'm still very interested in the thuderbolt. depending on how 4g pricing goes i'll get the phone at full retail. the sooner the phone is out the sooner i'll know where i stand with this phoen

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
What do you mean today? Is something happening today?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

I think they think a phone has to be announced on a Thursday, since phones on Verizon always come out on Thursdays. But I don't think it has to be announced today, I don't see why.

kparks

Reaction score

Before you run off and buy something that is outdated I would wait for a pricing announcement. I spoke with one of the customer service managers and told her my debate of wanting to upgrade to a droid X or wait for a 4G phone because I didnt have 4G in my area and didnt want to pay for it if I couldnt use it. She assured me (granted only 1 person and it hasnt been confirmed but so far she has been right about everything else, she told me the iphone would be before feb 15th almost a month ago) that there would NOT be an increase in price initially for 4G and I would pay for the phone and could use it without changing or increasing the cost of my current contract. Again, this could all change but she hasnt been wrong yet. Id hold out for the official word.
first off the thunderbolt itself is already outdated and verizon new every 2 bonus is gone on the 16th.. the droid x to thunder bolt is not that big of a difference! yes the tb is better but not by alot! there WILL be a charge for 4g thats a FACT! im telling u play it smart get sumn now even a Dinc and thats a really nice phone and get sumn later this year or next year.and if ur not in a 4g area a DX or fascinate d2 or dinc is all u need and upgrade when u get 4g cuz even these nvidia t2 chips wont be able to touch anything in Q3 Q4 this year when qualcomm and samsung launch there dual core chips

Status
Not open for further replies.