HTC Thunderbolt Release Date

Discussion in 'Android News' started by danDroid, Dec 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Its TwiX

Its TwiX Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Next on the to do list was to feed the hypebeast its dinner so...

[​IMG]

2. kodiak799

kodiak799 Gold Member

Ratings:
    +1,003
    Point taken, but I think you're giving a little too much credit to the in-store sales reps. It just depends - even a relatively simple matrix pricing still has a lot of moving parts and will generate a lot of questions from customers.

3. Its TwiX

Its TwiX Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That was posted yesterday and pulled 20 minutes after.

4. ilikemoneygreen

ilikemoneygreen Silver Member

Ratings:
    +18
    Lol, i know this is a long thread but that twitter thing has been posted here several times.

5. digdug1

digdug1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Omg! Seriously! *face palm* not me. Annoying much?

6. funkyb

funkyb Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Not sure if this was already posted, but this article suggests it may have been Skype-related issues that caused the delays. Would make sense, for starters, it's a three-party issue which I'm sure adds complications, and second, there was that set of demo vids on the marketplace that for some reason didn't mention Skype.

7. Anthony Is So Fly

Anthony Is So Fly New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, pricing has seemed to be on the back burner for verizon since the had so much on their plate prepping up for the iphail and tablets. Even at CES they were very shh shh about it. I prefer unlimited but I guess I could live with "2gb" capped data. Then again I've never had to worry about monitoring like mentioned.

Haha agreed with Miami, I've been in the long haul for the thing but the incredible 2 S Thingy is looking awesome considering I don't have 4g in my area.

Interesting find about skype let's hope it doesn't drain it too much :p

So the ones wanting the Tbolt have you preordered? Or will you wait to preorder/buy through Verizon?

8. rage151

rage151 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    the two year contract is for the price of the equipment. You're not locking in the voice/data plan. You can change either of them at any time. After a 1yr contract is up, you go month to month and all is good. Change it and you'll lose promo, price, etc..

9. Horst3

Horst3 New Member

Ratings:
    +0

Sorry to go off topic, but is there a thread for the Droid inc 2 anywhere?

10. kodiak799

kodiak799 Gold Member

Ratings:
    +1,003
    I think he's saying if you get on an LTE plan and don't change any aspect of voice and data, the carriers traditionally have not changed the terms on people (aka grandfather).

My issue is I'm not going to have the TBolt more than 6 months. If activating a different phone would be a "plan event" triggering a pricing change then I'm out of luck. And I don't think there's anyway to know for sure what happens in that scenario.

Keeping fingers crossed the Bionic is available before they implement the new pricing plans. Regardless, I will get in writing, if I can, that switching phones won't affect my plan pricing.

And ultimately maybe none of this matters as VZW has already reserved the right to throttle. That is only for new contracts (or is it just new customers?) but anyone upgrading to LTE would be doing a new "contract". If VZW throttles you down to 3G speeds after a few gigs then "unlimited" LTE isn't really worth a whole lot in that scenario.

11. StinkyPete

StinkyPete Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have heard people raise the idea of changing data pricing mid-contract and it doesn't seem kosher to me:

1. I buy a smart phone and am forced by Verizon to buy a data plan. I go for unlim at $29.99 per month.
    2. Two months in, Verizon says... "we are going to charge you $59.99 per month now... touch luck, you purchased a smart phone... have to get data."

It would seem that I entered into a contract with them @ $29.99 and they can't bait and switch me to the higher price. They can certainly do it at the end of my contract, but not before.

I guess the concept people are bringing up is that the data plan is an add on that is not subject to the contract terms in the same way.

Anyone know for sure (not just speculation)?

12. StinkyPete

StinkyPete Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry for the 2nd post, but Edit is off since this is in News....

Verizon: modifying any part of user agreement will cut you off unlimited data | TechKnow Bytes

Found the above about data being an add on, but Verizon says you lock in the price until you make a change to the overall contract:
    The data plan is a component add-on to the overall agreement. Once an agreement is set, it’s set. That said, customers can make changes at any time as their needs change but it requires a new agreement effective on the change date with the plans and options available at the time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
bear roaring
big lip

droid thunderbolt release date

gaged lips
htc 4g inspire
htc thunderbolt high-end android 4g lte phone release date
is the htc thunderbolt up to date with current date
lip gages
lip gauges