HTC Thunderbolt Release Date

Discussion in 'Android News' started by danDroid, Dec 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Nobody said today was the day that this turns into a fun discussion thread. Back on topic. Now lets see, a few pages back I said I was taking bets that it won't be on the 17th. Did I get any takers?

Oh….I should search? OK…...

2. guitarchris123

Ratings:
    +0
    Thought about it, want to, but just can't do it. While I am pulling for 3/17 or 3/21, it is just too open-ended right now. There are several good signs recently to help cling to some sort of hope. But if Vegas had been taking bets on this release the whole time and making odds, they would be cleaning up right now with their winnings! Everyone would have been wrong so far, and the next 2 dates on the list could go by the wayside just as easily.

3. bluefire7002

bluefire7002 Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Lol ill take a bet Its out before the end of the month =]

4. ilikemoneygreen

ilikemoneygreen Silver Member

Ratings:
    +18
    Lol, Im betting that it wont be on 17th. This phone is just delay after delay. Ill bet a dancing banana. Maybe even throw in a dancing droid...

5. kodiak799

kodiak799 Gold Member

Ratings:
    +1,003

So he's basically saying it could be delayed, or it might launch soon. Either way he's bound to be right. He seems to have the whole Nostradamus/Cleo & her psychic friends thing down.

#5033 kodiak799, Mar 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2011
  6. guitarchris123

Ratings:
    +0
    Hahahahah, I forgot all about Miss Cleo's psychic hotline! Where is she when we really need her? Lots of "insiders" or online sources seem to be pulling the "Hey, if I tell them its coming out on a Thursday every week for the next month, I'm bound to be right at some point!"

7. pc747

pc747 Regular Member
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +7,409
    hook I will take your bet I am not scared. I mean one of them days is going to be right. We will eventually have to see the phone one of these days.

8. Rotas

Rotas Member

Ratings:
    +0
    For whatever reason, I just got another email from best buy telling me Thanks for reserving, we will let you know when its out.

9. pc747

pc747 Regular Member
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +7,409
    Phandroid:

Verizon Approves Thunderbolt for Sale Pending HTC Agreement, Rep Tweets March 17th Launch Date

by Kevin Krause on March 11th, 2011 at 6:21 pm
    [​IMG]
    Within the past 24 hours we have heard two new rumored release dates for the HTC Thunderbolt March 17th and March 21st. Depending on how HTC responds to Verizon’s conditional final approval of the device, we may or may not miss those anticipated dates. According to an inside source, Engadget is reporting that Verizon has finally deemed the Thunderbolt ready for primetime, but the actual release of the phone hinges on HTC agreeing to requested fixes and updates to be included in future firmware updates following launch.
    It is pointed out that this process typically takes two to four weeks. If this holds true, we may indeed see the Thunderbolt on March 21st at the earliest, though given the pressure to release the handset we don’t see why things might not move quicker for a release on the 17th. HTC rep Imran Shahid seems to agree with the earlier date based on a recent tweet, though it was retroactively removed after being picked up by media outlets. See the original tweet below.
    [​IMG][via Engadget, BGR]

10. shortsxit

shortsxit Member

Ratings:
    +0

He said back in January (the thread in the main forum) that it would release around St. Patrick's day. Of course I said the same thing (late March) in the same thread before him. The few posters that were on the TBolt forum that early told me I was wrong, and that it would release in January. I wonder where those posters are now?

#5038 shortsxit, Mar 11, 2011
  11. Anthony Is So Fly

Anthony Is So Fly New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    haha CK, I really don't know whether to believe your story or not but if what you say the tech guy said and what BMX says -->

I would be inclined to believe its soon.

1. he said "shh" which would be BMX's "quiet before the storm". Which I haven't seen him post much of anything on AC forums or his twitter meaning he's been quiet as well. None of his recent blogs talk about Tbolt either.

2. poem

3. Verizon has had the phone ready. ITS BEEN READY. I have reason to believe this has more hype over Iphail which had years of hype compared to months with this but then again I just passionately want this phone (not at the price of course but it is what it is)

4. I intrepret "now if its a good storm or a :icon_cussing: storm.. thats remains to be seen.." that to mean, either it'll have great Sales or it could be like the iphail launch date .....

who plans on pre-ordering online from Verizon when available if you have yet to through BB?

#5039 Anthony Is So Fly, Mar 11, 2011
  12. funkyb

funkyb Member

Ratings:
    +0
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
bear roaring
big lip

droid thunderbolt release date