HTC Thunderbolt Release Date

Status
Not open for further replies.

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
In the thread regarding the Atrix coming to vzw, miami said that the TB will be released end of Feb - just outside the 2 week return period for iPhone purchasers. Fwiw ...

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

electric6

Reaction score
that looks good to me.

4g pricing hasn't been announced yet and i'm not going to get 4g coverage for a while so i'm sticking with 3g for as long as 3g phones are release. i'll get a 4g phone if something really good is available and if i can keep the same shared minutes i have now and if unlimited data isn't more than 40.00... if there even is unlimited data.

htc phones are fantastic, i can't see myself having a phone that wasn't made by htc. i'm not looking to upgrade until the end of the year (if i even do upgrade then... love the incredible) but i like knowing my options if i need a new phone sooner or if i do upgrade at the end of the year.

4G data will remain the same: Unlimited for 29.99 a month. They arent changing their data plan, I know that for sure.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
In the thread regarding the Atrix coming to vzw, miami said that the TB will be released end of Feb - just outside the 2 week return period for iPhone purchasers. Fwiw ...

I think this is going to be a new trend for the release of Verizon phones. Even moreso than before, actually.

kparks

Reaction score
I don't care who what anybody's "guy" says no one knows when it's coming out, sometime in february. Could be anytime.
LOL just putting it out there he is usually right or atleast in the ballpark.. i been saying feb 24th for weeks..and the latest im hearing is march 3rd...but a release on the 14th is not logical pre orders maybe..

Last edited:

Bigdaddy1207

Reaction score
I know, I have heard the 14th the 11th then 17th and the 24th, peoplenare just guessing, I am just waiting for pre-order that way i know i'll have one.

Android1254

Reaction score
Iii
February 14 guys, this is a fact.

Now pricing is like.... I don't even know. Could be anything, really, seeing as though Verizon was debating tiered pricing. Personally, my money is on them tiering data plans not speeds, and giving us a 4G Unlimited plan for..... $35? Pure guess, though.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App
Where u getting the 14th from cuz its not going to happen maybe pre-orders on the 14th from what my guy is saying release will be on the 24th most likely! but hey obviously im going to go with what my guy says! lol

U kept saying that "ur guy" said the 3rd or 10th of march.

UNC

Reaction score
Iii

Now pricing is like.... I don't even know. Could be anything, really, seeing as though Verizon was debating tiered pricing. Personally, my money is on them tiering data plans not speeds, and giving us a 4G Unlimited plan for..... $35? Pure guess, though.

Where u getting the 14th from cuz its not going to happen maybe pre-orders on the 14th from what my guy is saying release will be on the 24th most likely! but hey obviously im going to go with what my guy says! lol

This guy used deductive reasoning and came up with the 24th....

kparks

Reaction score
Iii

yea that was a couple weeks ago they bumped it up to the 24th or the 3rd now about a week or so ago... maybe i didnt post it on hear im not sure.. i did tell the people who pm'd me so u might be right. my mistake if i didnt. because i do specifically remember posting the 3rd or 10th so ur dead on with that one

kparks

Reaction score
Iii

This guy used deductive reasoning and came up with the 24th....
haha no need to take a low blow.. just trying to help out and these things change alot... srry if i was mistaken

Reaction score
i clearly haven't been reading the forums that much since the last thread got closed down...

is the htc incredible hd still going to show up and what is it compared to the htc thunderbolt? what's the deal with the htc scorpion? i know in the last thread someone mentioned a really good htc phone that would be out towards the end of the year... is that phone the incredible hd or the htc scorpion?

Inc HD coming. If I guessed would say from what I have seen on here sometime Q2 or early Q3. It will be 3G though and TB is of course 4G.

3g htc phone? i like the sound of that.

do you have any information on it like screen size or screen resolution?

if the phone will 100% be 3g i'll seriously look into it once it's released.

since it's being referred to as the incredible 2/incredible hd i'm going to assume it's going to be exactly like the original incredible (which i have and love) but will have a bigger screen (maybe 4.3?) and a possible ffc (?)... basically the thunderbolt but 3g?

is my thinking correct?

I think the HTC Scorpion is what the Incredible HD was known as last year before we called it the HD (ie. before the first pictures surfaced back in August). I guess they are resurrecting those names when talking about the new pics we've seen of what I think is going to be the Incredible 2 (expected in March/April/June?). I'm guessing it will be very similar to the Thunderbolt as far as specs (1 gig single core processor, SLCD screen), except it will have a form factor more like the original Inc, but with a larger screen (probably 4"), and will be 3G only. From the blurry pics its hard to tell if it has a FFC or not, but its likely since most of the new high-end phones are trying to throw one in. Very little is known as far as details yet, but maybe they will bump up some specs (who knows?). As far as an HTC phone at the end of the year, maybe they will release a dual core around then since theirs won't be ready for awhile. No rush for them to get one out anyway, dual core processors will not be much better than single core until Honeycomb comes to cell phones many months down the road.

Reaction score
It seems like we have circular arguments every week about release date and pricing. No one knows anything FOR SURE yet. All pure speculation, rumors from "my guy" or "my VZW employee friend" or a "customer service representative." It's all still up in the air right now as far as I'm concerned, but this is where the possibilities stand:

Release date - 2/14, 2/24, 2/28, 3/3? The 14th might be pre-orders only, and/or might be Best Buy only, or might just be another date we see come and go. I'm still leaning towards the 24th as the actual date, because I think it would be weird if Best Buy got the TB before the actual VZW stores. But it could always be pushed back another week to give the iPhone some breathing room (and let the 14 day return period elapse), and there could be something to that new 28th date we saw today.

Pricing - they could keep $30 unlimited initially, for both 3G and 4G (and maybe change the pricing scheme several months down the road). They could charge $10-15 extra per month for 4G. They could do tiered pricing w/ data caps. They might require you to pay for 4G on the TB even if you don't live in a 4G area yet, or they might not and will let you use and pay for 3G only (ie. don't use LTE sim card). Neither VZW, nor a truly reliable source, has confirmed any of this yet as far as I know.

StinkyPete

Reaction score
Since the Verizon employee training on the TB went on recently, you would think they would want to release it "soon" so the info doesn't get stale in people's minds who need to support/sell it. Soon probably means Feb.

I agree with a previous poster, that I am not sure that the iPhone and the TB are direct competitors - seems like two different audiences to me. For example, nobody is dropping their AT&T iPhone for a Verizon TB. I would guess that this means that Verizon is not that concerned with them coming out too close too each other. One is the first Verizon 4G Android phone, the other, a hugely popular 3G phone.

Also, Verizon doesn't want to lose the buzz about it's 4G network. Sprint is killing them on the ads.

All comes down to data plan pricing... fingers crossed for 3G/4G at $29.99 unlimited.

Status
Not open for further replies.