HTC Thunderbolt Release Date

Discussion in 'Android News' started by danDroid, Dec 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RLI3

RLI3 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I too am trying to be optomistic. Unfortunately, I can't help but think that if it were going to release on the 17th, we would be seeing the Verizon Tbolt commercials again by now.

2. guitarchris123

Ratings:
    +0
    Yep, battery will not be great simply because it is an HTC phone, regardless of the rumors about this one in particular and the LTE network. They put small ones in to start with, and Sense is a hog (but beautiful and functional). I have already been researching ways to conserve battery for the TB, there are a lot of apps and techniques if you carefully monitor your usage. Plus, always have a charger at work, at home, and in the car, and you should be just fine. When in doubt, buy an extended battery too, it can't hurt to have a spare around. As long as it is comparable to or better than the Inc and EVO, I will be happy and will figure out how to extend it even further.

We should get an official announcement around next Tuesday most likely, but if not, everyone should look to 3/24 and try to relax as best they can.

3. sidsixseven

sidsixseven Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If Apple has anything to do with it, that's a colossal mistake of the 10th order.

Consider my situation:
    I am only interested in Family Plans. However, not everyone in my family wants the exact same phone. Some members of my family want an Apple iPhone. Others, like myself, want an Android.

We are currently on Sprint because of the iPhone availability are considering moving to AT&T or Verizon, the only two carriers with the iPhone. So Apple available is absolutely playing a PART in the decision. But it's only PART of the decision. Android availability is equally playing a part in that decision and currently the best Android available on either network is the Atrix.

VZW is my preferred choice but they just don't have any phones even remotely similar to the features offered by the Atrix. So despite having the iPhone and the preferred network, they are very much at risk of losing my business to AT&T.

So if what you say is true, that the Thunderbolt has been delayed because of the iPhone, then that decision is a tragic mistake because it's absolutely putting my business at risk.

And I have to believe that I'm not the only one with multiple family members that want different phones.

4. guitarchris123

Ratings:
    +0
  5. guitarchris123

Ratings:
    +0
    I never said the TB was delayed because of the iPhone, I simply said it has played one factor (out of many) in the TB debacle. Yes, the issue you refer to is a very real thing for VZW right now. ATT has worse service, but it has the iPhone, Inspire, and Atrix. VZW has better service, but only the iPhone and nothing to compete with the other two right now besides end of life phones. Yes, the TB and Bionic will be much better than those 2 devices, but the key thing is that they aren't released yet so most of American does not know about them. The longer VZW delays the TB, the more chance they have of losing new customers to ATT. They will stop playing "ostrich" soon (head in the sand) if they know what's good for them.

6. mth04

mth04 Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Don't be surprised if you don't see an announcement next week.

If you do consider it a blessing and be happy. Again i'll say we could see another 3g droid before the bolt at this point.

Sent from my Android device using Tapatalk

7. electric6

electric6 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I wouldnt be either. Heres a quick fix: Turn off the phone, remove sim card. Ignore the "no sim present" crap, turn on wifi, and all the third party apps like easytether, music bay, and pdanaet are available for dl. No rooting required. However to install the swype beta you would require a root, as the block to install third party software in non application form is built into the inspire's os.

8. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Well, hearing that from you so far has been as good as using a Magic 8 Ball. They have an app for that you know.:icon_ poke:

9. cereal killer

cereal killer Administrator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,423
    Current Phone Model:
    Nokia Lumia Icon
    Its NOT an LTE network issue. Look around and read. There are handsets running on it right now with zero issues.

The info is out there for those that search for it : )

Sent from my Droid

10. kodiak799

kodiak799 Gold Member

Ratings:
    +1,003
    Well, if they continue to botch this LTE launch there's also the reality that AT&T and Sprint both offer faster (and cheaper) data speeds. If they have a phone I want, and better data plans (combo of speed and price), I will probably see if their service works for me.

11. Explosivpotato

Ratings:
    +0
    I would hope we see SOMETHING soon.... the current flagship is the X or the D2, both of which have been out for close to a year right? (feel free to correct my dates here - I suck at dates).

It's inexcusable to be pushing a year behind the rest of the industry.

12. guitarchris123

Ratings:
    +0
    Oh, I would not be surprised at all! I've learned my lesson to be patient over the course of this whole thing. If they do announce it on Tuesday, I will be very happy. If they don't, then they are not releasing it on 3/17. A silent release for this phone is out of the question.

So are you saying that if things are worse than they appear with the LTE network, we could see the Inc2 before the TB? I really hope that's not true. I briefly considered going with that instead of the TB because I do not have LTE in my area yet, but I almost immediately dismissed the thought. I want the future capability and bigger screen. Plus, I already bought a battery, case, and screen protectors.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
bear roaring
big lip

droid thunderbolt release date

gaged lips
htc 4g inspire
htc thunderbolt high-end android 4g lte phone release date
is the htc thunderbolt up to date with current date
lip gages
lip gauges