HTC Thunderbolt Release Date

Status
Not open for further replies.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
How many people are going from a 1 year contract to a 2 year to lock in data prices? I'm on a one year and trying to see if it's worth it.

I'm probably going to a 1-yr contract because the $70 credit just isn't worth it given how fast the tech is changing.

And there's no guarantee that a 2-yr contract (unless I've missed a recent announcement) is any more or less likely to be "grandfathered" than month-to-month after a 1-yr contract.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I was really considering the one yr contract with the tb, but after seeing how its going to stay 30/month for unl data I'm opting for the 2yr so I have have that unlimited 4G for longer
Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

I think it'll be smarted if you get it on a 1yr just in case. You have to option to upgrade after the 1yr is up and decided from there. You won't have to upgrade, but you'll have that option.

Its what ima do. 1yr deal for me.

Reaction score
i'm going to go with the 2 year contract on thursday. it's the cheapest price for the phone and my bill won't change at all... it'll stay the same and i'll lock in the 4g 30.00 pricing for a longer time period. after this phone i doubt i'll be upgrading for a while. what's better than a 4.3 phone with a ffc? nothing i can think of.

anyone notice that the htcsense.com website is down for maintenance right now? think htc is making sure the thunderbolt won't have any problems with the site?

StinkyPete

Reaction score
I am shocked (but happy) at the data pricing after what the CFO said...

Will call my local VZW and see what they hope to have from a quantity perspective on Thursday AM.

Any ideas on how many a store typically gets?

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
..and i'll lock in the 4g 30.00 pricing for a longer time period

I don't think this is the great idea it's cracked up to be. I thought they would cap between 2 and 5gigs, but I've been telling people for months the $30 wouldn't change and if they capped it would be higher than what most ever use, anyway.

The key is don't expect VZW to continue to look the other way on illegal tethering. Even if they do continue to allow the free hotspot they're out is the fact they can throttle you. And I'm just not going to tether much at 3G speeds. Now if they throttle to 2mbps and it's consistent (which would be miles better than an inconsistent 700kbps many get on 3G) you might have something.

It's nice not to have to worry about overages, I'm just not convinced it's worth "locking in" for the TBolt, especially at retail prices if you are one of those people several months away from an upgrade.

funkyb

Reaction score
How many people are going from a 1 year contract to a 2 year to lock in data prices? I'm on a one year and trying to see if it's worth it.

I'm probably going to a 1-yr contract because the $70 credit just isn't worth it given how fast the tech is changing.

And there's no guarantee that a 2-yr contract (unless I've missed a recent announcement) is any more or less likely to be "grandfathered" than month-to-month after a 1-yr contract.

I called corporate today, spoke to a supervisor, and was told that if you have unlimited when you begin the contract, you will not loose it on that contract. Chances are when you go for a new contract, you'll have to pick from the options available at the time.

BGKris

Reaction score
I am shocked (but happy) at the data pricing after what the CFO said...

Will call my local VZW and see what they hope to have from a quantity perspective on Thursday AM.

Any ideas on how many a store typically gets?
I'm not sure but they did say it's first come,first served. Get there early! :icon_ banana:

BGKris

Reaction score
Thunderbolt Multimedia Dock, Extended Battery & Wireless Charging Battery Door Leaked | Android Phone Fans

keeps getting better and better :)
thunderbolt-extended-battery.jpg

thunderbolt-extended-battery.jpg

thunderbolt-multimedia-dock-1.jpg

want a droid

Reaction score
Not sure if this has been asked, but does any one know when we'll be able to order the phone online? 3am? 7am?

Thanks

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I called corporate today, spoke to a supervisor, and was told that if you have unlimited when you begin the contract, you will not loose it on that contract. Chances are when you go for a new contract, you'll have to pick from the options available at the time.

I plan to get that in writing, but there are many other ways they will get you. VoLTE is coming out in 2012, and I think that will be another big deal.

IMO unlimited LTE is pretty overrated when you're going to be throttled if you really take advantage, anyway.

Reaction score
i always like to get new phones in a verizon store. they usually offer to put on the screen protectors for you. if i did them myself there would be bubbles and dust caught under the film... i've never ordered a phone off verizon.com

georgek

Reaction score

I'm going to stick with my one year contract. It seems like the way to go. Just in case prices get better or when better phone comes out. It's nice to have a choice. If unlimited data goes away I can just go month to month and keep my original contract. The Thunderbolt is going to be available in stores on the 17th? Or just online orders on the 17th?

Raptor007

Reaction score
I stopped into BB today at lunch and asked when they would be calling everyone who did the pre-order and the mobile guy said once they actually get stock so they know how many they got and then they can make the calls. Soooo, you likely did or didn't get enough to fulfill your pre-orders, that could be fun. Talk about a cluster still rolling along.

Status
Not open for further replies.