HTC Thunderbolt Release Date

Status
Not open for further replies.

bje1982

Reaction score
So it is 350 ?
Yes it will be 350 in store and you'll get 100 rebate or it could be a 50 rebate and in that case it would be 300 in store. Either way price will be 250 after rebate.

sent....

You wanted to know the price? Here you go. NO MAIL IN REBATE!

http://www.droidattic.com/News/HTC-Thunderbolt-Will-Be-$249-at-Best-Buy.html
Best buy doesn't really do rebates I wouldn't be surprised if Verizon makes you do one if you buy thru them and not bb

sent....

BostonDan

Reaction score
"Once, in Band Camp, somebody told me that the Thunderbolt would be released on 24 Feb."

It's a phone, people! Not the Holy Grail! I'm eagerly awaiting it as well, but really there is no use filing lawsuits (it will cost you more than any damages in legal fees/time/etc.), or being angry. Yes, we are all awaiting this device but, as was pointed out repeatedly, there has been NO official word; only heresay.

The wait is annoying, but I would be more upset if there was an official release date that they missed instead of putting out a half-finished product.

Cheers,
B.D.

"Everybody is entitled to their opinion. Your opinion just happens to be wrong..."

mitchb2

Reaction score
The pharmacy is closed, and Grandma goes into a diabetic coma. Not my fault. I kept my word. amirite?

So...now this toy not being released ahead of schedule is going to cause people's grandmothers to go into comas. Now all the thread needs is a good mention of Hitler and we have it all.

B

BUFFALOMADMAN

I am just stating what the manager at best buy said and I htought I would pass it along to the people that have been waiting for this device and expected it to come out on the 24th but I knew it wasnt going too

jcbsides

Reaction score
"Once, in Band Camp, somebody told me that the Thunderbolt would be released on 24 Feb."

It's a phone, people! Not the Holy Grail! I'm eagerly awaiting it as well, but really there is no use filing lawsuits (it will cost you more than any damages in legal fees/time/etc.), or being angry. Yes, we are all awaiting this device but, as was pointed out repeatedly, there has been NO official word; only heresay.

The wait is annoying, but I would be more upset if there was an official release date that they missed instead of putting out a half-finished product.

Cheers,
B.D.

"Everybody is entitled to their opinion. Your opinion just happens to be wrong..."

But people wouldn't be mad if they would say something. IT's not about the when to me, it's about the how. They have not said ANYTHING but "coming soon" which means nothing. That is why I am angry. I know that it won't do anything but I am still mad.

okiepat2000

Reaction score
First off, I don't have friends, relatives, or sources with any inside info.
So if you're looking for that just skip this post.

I've followed this thread for almost an entire week. I demand that VZW compensate me for the time lost due to my own obsession.;)
I went thru all this for my D1, my DX, and now the TB.
And 2 things have remained constant.
1. Rampant speculation
2. Me

I can't do anything about the first constant but I can about the second. I've found that 1 goes on even if I'm not here to read it. If you're still reading this post then you can too.

EMBRACE THE INSANITY!!!

That is all.
You can now resume your regularly scheduled speculation. Thank you.

droiddon817

Reaction score
Phone don't come out on the 24th I'm not copping. Ill wait on bionic. If I don't leave Verizon by then. I had issues with my bill and have postponed leaving because of the tb release because basically it is free for me. But I'm not waiting to march

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

stuigi

Reaction score
The pharmacy is closed, and Grandma goes into a diabetic coma. Not my fault. I kept my word. amirite?

So...now this toy not being released ahead of schedule is going to cause people's grandmothers to go into comas. Now all the thread needs is a good mention of Hitler and we have it all.

It's ironic that you said that. I remember that lightning(thunder) bolts were part of the Nazis insignia. Kinda creepy now that I think of it

craig8868

Reaction score
FWIW - I just got off the phone with Verizon and asked if the TB will be released Thursday and the CSR said yes. He admitted they pushed the release back from the 14th because of the iphone. I said it was strange there has been no announcement and he said there wouldn't be one until the last minute. He did say there was still a chance they change the date but as of today, still the 24th. His system still shows a release date of Feb. 24th.

okiepat2000

Reaction score
But people wouldn't be mad if they would say something. IT's not about the when to me, it's about the how. They have not said ANYTHING but "coming soon" which means nothing. That is why I am angry. I know that it won't do anything but I am still mad.

I bet the "coming attraction" trailers at the movies really drives you crazy then. j/k

Reaction score
really could care less if it is the 24th, 28th or march 3rd...im goin out of the town the 23rd, so earliest I could get it would be the 4th anyways...but I just want Verizon to say something, anything, it really can't be that difficult....i've taken marketing and pr classes, this is a disaster, too bad i'm not in those classes or i'd bring this up in class and see what my professors would have said

electric6

Reaction score
My local rep just told me via text message the following:

"Thunderbolt will be here on thursday. I am off but will come in if I know what time you are coming. How many did you need?"

its happening guys. And the 29.99 unlimited data remains, including 3G/4G.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I hope the IPhone5 gets it right and loads up everything people want. Maybe then the other OEM's will wake up and do more than just turn out marginal upgrades every few months.

Status
Not open for further replies.