HTC Thunderbolt Release Date

Status
Not open for further replies.

huskur

Reaction score
I am a believer that the iphone sales failure is totally what delayed the release date on the TB. It's a hold off now until the "sales limit/agreement/whatever they want to call it" has been met. Until the iphone sales/inventory deplete is what will ultimately affect the release date. Who knows, thats just my conspiracy theory.

jarnoldsr

Reaction score
Iphone has something to do with it but not poor sales! They broke records selling to existing customers. They didn't get the amount of people leaving ATT that they thought but that was just a mistake on theirr part, people just didn't break contracts at the rate they thought they would do. Keeping the bolt won't increase thee sales that much, actually it will only increase returns since I am one that is about to go buy one betting that it will be less than 14 days till the release. Somehow I think that won't be as easy as its supposed to be! lol.....

jarnoldsr

Reaction score
Has anyone noticed ATT fighting back with many new androids and beating verizon to the punch with many new phones on the immediate horizon

YungFrshCrckr

Reaction score
I work for Geek Squad as a home installer in the Raleigh area of North Carolina and just touched base with our mobile phone representatives. The release date for our store in Garner, NC is set for the 24th. I've been lurking the forum for a few months now and figured it would be cool to give you guys a heads up! I looked for myself as well and shows ship dates have already been fulfilled and that phones are on hand.

if this is legit, thanks for the heads up. if its not...thanks for the false hope anyway.

good to hear so many confirm on the 2-24 date. now we're just 8 days away from having our new phones powercycle while we're in the middle of something and scare everyone. :D

I don't have access to the the Best Buy Mobile VPN that they have at work. Only the standard Employee Toolkit, otherwise, I would've taken. I'm going to another location later or tomorrow to see if I can snap a picture for you guys from some friends.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just saw the Thunderbolt commercial on TV. The one that is on the Verizon website with the coming soon ending. I am getting excited for this phone to come out!

What channel? What show?

The Thunderbolt commercial aired on ABC twice during the show "V" last night.
I DVR'd V last night and then watched it. I was fast forwarding and saw the thunderstorm and thought I wonder if it's the TB commercial, so went back and sure enough. Now, OT: V was really interesting last night.

Serbeus

Reaction score
I DVR'd V last night and then watched it. I was fast forwarding and saw the thunderstorm and thought I wonder if it's the TB commercial, so went back and sure enough. Now, OT: V was really interesting last night.

tyler is the worst son ever

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
tyler is the worst son ever
That's right! He is a bad son. And, Ryan is NOT dead either.

banderbe

Reaction score
Help me out here..

If I have an existing contract with Verizon and I'm eligible for my "new every 2" on the 28th of this month - can I go to Best Buy to fulfill the upgrade at the same (or maybe better?) price that I would get at a Verizon store?

Also can you pre-order the phone from Best Buy and get the same deal if you are up for your new every 2 from verizon?

I guess I'm wondering if New Every 2 people are somehow obligated to upgrade through a Verizon store or on the Verizon website.

JonsConspiracy

Reaction score

^ agreed

I really hope we hear something from vzw soon, not sure what the fewest number of days they would announce the TB before its release is.

They just announced the pre 2 yesterday for a launch tomorrow. They announced the droid1 8 days before. The droid x was announced 2 weeks before. It varies, but if htc is really shipping this week then they could probably launch this weekend if they wanted to. Not saying they will, but it's possible.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

sansavi

Reaction score

^ agreed

I really hope we hear something from vzw soon, not sure what the fewest number of days they would announce the TB before its release is.

that new palm phone got announced yesterday and it comes out tomorrow. they can pretty much do it whenever they want.

metzor

Reaction score
Help me out here..

If I have an existing contract with Verizon and I'm eligible for my "new every 2" on the 28th of this month - can I go to Best Buy to fulfill the upgrade at the same (or maybe better?) price that I would get at a Verizon store?

Also can you pre-order the phone from Best Buy and get the same deal if you are up for your new every 2 from verizon?

I guess I'm wondering if New Every 2 people are somehow obligated to upgrade through a Verizon store or on the Verizon website.

You can get the NE2 upgrade at Best Buy. The only people who have to go through Verizon exclusively are those like me who are up for the yearly upgrade (which you get if you are the main line in an account that has multiple lines).

Serbeus

Reaction score
If HTC is sending them out, do they send from HTC to the retail stores or to VZW factories/packaging?

I worked for a IT department at a university for awhile and when we mass ordered computers from Dell we sent them an image of our customized OS we wanted and they put it on all the computers during production. I would assume during manufacturing that HTC would put VZW "image" onto the phones and then package them up so they would not need any additional preperation. Anybody have any insight to this?

Status
Not open for further replies.