Status
Not open for further replies.

cokdesl

Reaction score
Yeah my wife doesnt get any upgrades either LOL

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
Yes Motorola is the only manufacturer to do that. As for the release date, I think it is sometime in January. We first saw this phone leaked back in summer 2010 so this phone has been made if will for awhile now, people tested it at CES yesterday, its practically ready to sell.

Now what's on my mind is if 4G LTE will cost extra and will still be unlimited for $29.99/month. Oh and how much is this sucker? Hopefully the classic 199.99 with 2 year agreement.

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
By the way, the specs are on HTCs website guys.....1.3 megapixel front camera, 1ghz processor, pretty sure its a single core. And the battery, well its 1400mAh. Looks like we'll need extended batteries, huh?

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
Here are the specs copied from HTCs website:

Networks:
LTE 700, CDMA EvDO revA
Operating system:
Android™ 2.2 + HTC Sense
Display:
4.3” WVGA TFT capacitive touch screen
Camera:
8MP with autofocus, LED Flash (2x LED), 1.3MP front facing camera
Memory:
8GB emmc + 768 RAM Memory card, preinstalled 32 GB microSD™
WLAN:
802.11 b/g/n
Bluetooth:
2.1 with EDR (3.0 when available)
GPS:
GPS/AGPS
Battery:
1400 mAh
Special features:
Dual mics with noise cancellation, Surround sound, Compass sensor, G-Sensor, Proximity sensor, Light sensor, 3.5mm audio jack, MicroUSB, FM radio, LTE SIM slot , TI audio DSP
Chipset:
Qualcomm® MSM8655, 1GHz, Qualcomm MDM9600

768mb of RAM, front facing camera, and 32gb SD card as well as the given 4G capability all make this better than the Droid X. Also notice it will be compatible with Bluetooth 3 when it comes out.

omelet

Reaction score
Would've gotten it if the battery life was bettery than 1400 mAh, seems that apple (oh damn) will be getting my 200$.

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
Android Central just posted images showing that HTC Thunderbolt Phone and Dummy Phone sku's have been put into Verizon's system along with the same two items for the Samsung SCH-I520.

As others have indicated and I agreed its far more likely that Verizon is clearly getting ready to launch these out of the gate of CES. Indicating a January launch window, at least for one or both.

HTC Thunderbolt, Samsung SCH-i520 LTE phone show up in Verizon's system | Android Central

I emailed Verizon, so we'll see if those reps know anything useful (for once).

electric6

Reaction score
I just spoke with my local Att rep, and he said that the HTC Insipre 4g is launching in the 20th of this month. Tht phone is spec wise the exact same, so I'm willing to bet the thunderbolt either launches on the same day, or a few days following that. Just a thought.

Gadawgs29

Reaction score
Would've gotten it if the battery life was bettery than 1400 mAh, seems that apple (oh damn) will be getting my 200$.

If the Battery is the only thing making it look bad then you are a fool. Apple is garbage compared to Android. You cant change anything on an apple phone cept to Jailbreak it and get apps. Oh My. I have the Incredible and love HTC, and all my friends are jealous of my phone cuz their awesome Iphone is **** compared to mine.

8mp compared a 5mp
faster processor compared to the crap apple has
Rooting compared to Stock

What dont you get from Android that you do from Apple. Apps are all making their way to Android form and they are killing it in user approval.

Battery making you not go with an Android geez wats next you dont buy a luxury car because it doesnt have mud flaps

VLADD

Reaction score

If the Battery is the only thing making it look bad then you are a fool. Apple is garbage compared to Android. You cant change anything on an apple phone cept to Jailbreak it and get apps. Oh My. I have the Incredible and love HTC, and all my friends are jealous of my phone cuz their awesome Iphone is **** compared to mine.

8mp compared a 5mp

What dont you get from Android that you do from Apple. Apps are all making their way to Android form and they are killing it in user approval.

Battery making you not go with an Android geez wats next you dont buy a luxury car because it doesnt have mud flaps

LOL, fanboy

Don't turn this thread into another Apple vs. Android argument

Gadawgs29

Reaction score

8mp compared a 5mp

LOL, fanboy

Im not but when ur main problem with an Android phone is the battery? RU Serious thats such a petty thing to actually make ur choice on a phone. The performance is beyond comparison cmon

Shusuke028

Reaction score

8mp compared a 5mp

LOL, fanboy

Im not but when ur main problem with an Android phone is the battery? RU Serious thats such a petty thing to actually make ur choice on a phone. The performance is beyond comparison cmon

Not trying to get in this or anything, but Gadawgs, I completely agree with you, Android is better in most, if not all aspects of what matters in a high tech phone IMO. But that's exactly what it is, an opinion. And everyone's entitled to their own opinion, so if that's what he thinks, then good luck with your choice man :D.

I Used to have an iPhone and it is a good phone, jailbroken or not.

So Go Android!

electric6

Reaction score
LOL, fanboy

Not trying to get in this or anything, but Gadawgs, I completely agree with you, Android is better in most, if not all aspects of what matters in a high tech phone IMO. But that's exactly what it is, an opinion. And everyone's entitled to their own opinion, so if that's what he thinks, then good luck with your choice man :D.

I Used to have an iPhone and it is a good phone, jailbroken or not.

So Go Android!

I still have an iphone and it is great. Simple, easy to use etc. When it came out, there was really nothing that could compare to it spec wise at all. The BB9000 was the only thing close for like a year. Now, though by the time a new iphone launches, its already out-spec'ed by any android phone you can find just about. In addition the iPhone has basically crippled the death star since the 3G was released, and they have really done nothing about it. I remember, back before there was an iphone, att was much more reliable. However, within two years of release, it slowed it down, caused more dropped calls, and basically caused more issues than you can shake a stick at. I hope to God, Buddha, and whatever entity may be listening, that this phone NEVER comes to big red. It will ruin it, like it did att, and that is exactly why I am leaving as soon as the thunderbolt is announced.

again iphone is great, but I'm sick of having the phone of choice for every sorority chick, football player, and soccer mom. Its obnoxious!! If you want a tiny screen, simple operation, and mindnumbily ubiquitous device then pick the iPhone: the biggest tech trend since bluetooth headsets.

:iphone:

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
IPhone is still better than Web OS... Barely though haha, even Palm does tethering, jeez.

Anyway, my money is on January 21, its a thursday so its possible lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.