HTC Thunderbolt release ahead of schedule!

wysts43

Reaction score
What does everyone think... Thunderbolt, or Droid Bionic? I have been eyeing the Bionic's dual core processor, but am curious what everyone else thinks??

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thunderbolt for me. Ready to upgrade. No matter the hardware, moto's current stance and attitude towards the android community just irks me.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
I hate to say it.. but the TB will be the best phone verizon has and will be for a while. The Moto phones are POS's and everyone knows it except the moto fannies.

I take it you mean 6 months? haha...the TB will be a great phone...i don't know about it being the best verizon will have for a while.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Thunderbolt for me. Ready to upgrade. No matter the hardware, moto's current stance and attitude towards the android community just irks me.

Motorola loves you tank, they want your 2 year commitment to locked and loaded devices. Locked and loaded, that should be their model....."every motorola device now come locked and loaded" .

DJStormX

Reaction score
Anybody know that if I get the TB at best buy (if it comes out earlier that VZ) will i still get my NE2 discount when i get the phone thru them or its only if I purchase the phone thru a VZ store?

kparks

Reaction score
I hate to say it.. but the TB will be the best phone verizon has and will be for a while. The Moto phones are POS's and everyone knows it except the moto fannies.
i have to agree lol they are the company that made the BB Storm and we all know about that...... and i will never buy another moto device so its lg or htc for me at the moment

datsyuk

Reaction score
My heart is definetly set on the Thunderbolt esp after playing with my brothers Droid 2 last night, what a piece of ****! I have heard from my friend who works at best buy he claims the vzw reps tell him there will be a dual core incredible 2 (who knows if he's right idk what to think) which would make me wait for that. If HTC brings a dual core phone out on LTE without a doubt that is my choice and the thunderbolt is right behind it, my upgrade is available and waiting to be wisely used.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
i have to agree lol they are the company that made the BB Storm and we all know about that...... and i will never buy another moto device so its lg or htc for me at the moment

RIM made the BB Storm, not motorola... lol.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

ythot26

Reaction score
I just want to know about pricing. I'm pretty confident it'll come out either the 14th or 24th, and i'm fine with that. just need to know if I can afford the extra monthly charges, if they have any.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
.... two things i need, a pre order date and pricing :)

... and to fully make up my mind. This isn't set in stone as my upgrade but it's looking that way.

kparks

Reaction score

well i didnt own a storm so i was assuming all i know is they suck lol.. thats not what i base my hate on anyway i did own a droid 1 that i didnt care for mainly because everyone i got had problems and i had to keep replacing it... and it was BS cuz my friends have it and they have no problems at all lol and still swear by it so i guess it was just some bad luck but it ended my run with moto

ToastyZ71

Reaction score

well i didnt own a storm so i was assuming all i know is they suck lol.. thats not what i base my hate on anyway i did own a droid 1 that i didnt care for mainly because everyone i got had problems and i had to keep replacing it... and it was BS cuz my friends have it and they have no problems at all lol and still swear by it so i guess it was just some bad luck but it ended my run with moto

If you don't or haven't owned a Storm, then you are NOT qalified to say that they Suck.

I'm looking heavily at the Thunderbolt to replace my Storm 9530. It's been a good phone to me. The OS has been the biggest headache, but aside from that, the phone has been excellent. -I do get that it's a love or hate device, but you've got to have at least tried it to say it sucks.

The one thing that I dont know if I like about the Thunderbolt is the 4.3" screen. great for viewing web pages, etc, but its just a bit big. If Verizon announces a 4" LTE device anytime soon, that would be ideal.

champaned_out

Reaction score
ive got a upgrade pending right now... just cant decide what to do

a part of me just wants to hurry up and upgrade from the droid 1... on to newer and better things but at the same time... another part of me wants a dual core phone like the bionic...
but another 4-6 month wait at this point for me is just too long... ive been ready to upgrade since November 2010

still cant decide on what to do... maybe when the TB hits the shelves and i get a chance to look at itll make my decision easier

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I'm pre-ordering regardless of pricing. Although I LOVE my D1, it's about time for a change and the HTC fits all my needs from what I've been reading.