HTC Thunderbolt Pre-orders Begin at Best Buy

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
htcthunderbolt-bestbuy.png

Today Best Buy is now accepting pre-orders for the HTC Thunderbolt. To sign up, all that is required is to lay down $50.00 and that should reserve a spot in line when the first 4G Android phone is unleashed. We still don't have an exact date when the thunderbolt will release, but hopefully someone will spill the beans today and we'll know for sure. Release dates have been pegged all over the place from the 11th,12th, 14th, 24th, 28th of February.

** Update: Several members are reporting Best Buy is confirming Feb 14th as the expected delivery date.

For more Thuderbolt discussions, check out: HTC ThunderBolt area on DroidForums.net

Source: Best Buy

Beardface

Reaction score
I am not eligible for an upgrade for a while, but even if I was eligible right now, I'd hold off and wait till this thing has hit the market for a while. Definitely 100% a phone I really, really want, but I really need to see if HTC has fixed the horrible, horrible battery life the Evo experiences. If so, I don't really see how the Bionic can even compare.

atpjoe

Reaction score
Just got home from best buy. The Guy said the 14th is the date they have and as far as they know 4g is not going to cost more at least initially

Sent from my FroyoEris using DroidForums App

funwheeldrive

Reaction score
I am not eligible for an upgrade for a while, but even if I was eligible right now, I'd hold off and wait till this thing has hit the market for a while. Definitely 100% a phone I really, really want, but I really need to see if HTC has fixed the horrible, horrible battery life the Evo experiences. If so, I don't really see how the Bionic can even compare.

dual core? Hdmi out? Better resolution?

Russ2387

Reaction score
Great....... but when will it be possible to preorder in a Verizon store?

buckeye044

Reaction score
Son ordered his this morning. Said as of right now, 14th is the date. But didn't know the total cost, said probably $250

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

I had an evo back in september and the battery life wasn't the greatest. Im more concerned about the battery life while on a 4g network. I have heard reports of the evo only getting 9 hour battery life when connected to sprints 4g network. While I like Sense more than Blur if battery life is not good I will wait until the bionic comes out or the Atrix comes to VZW.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

meatwhistle

Reaction score
I just ordered mine and can't wait to give up my BB Tour. The price is $199 and the phone should be in Best Buy on Feb 14. There will be no additional charge for 4G as it is not even available yet in my primary market I was more interested in getting my hands on the device and getting rid of my BB Tour which might as well be a rotary phone now! No thanks Apple, I was not interested in buying your 1 year old ATT phone.

Rotas

Reaction score
I just came back from pre-ordering the device, asked the manager there when I can expect this phone.
He told me it will be released on Valentines day, Feb. 14th.

You all can find it, but thats when I will have my phone.

bp328i

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I just ordered mine and I was the first to do so in the store I went to. The store I went to is numbering the pre-orders and giving the phones out in the same order (oh yeah, first one that comes in is mine) I'm paying full retail because my upgrade is in August but that's ok I'll give it to my daughter and upgrade to a dual core with an unlocked bootloader, besides my wife owes me from Christmas.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
danDroid

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This makes me wonder if Best Buy will have the phone available before it hits Verizon stores. Best Buy release on the 14th, Verizon Wireless release on the 28th? Just an idea :)

Haloman800

Reaction score

dual core? Not functional with Android OS. Hdmi out? DLNA? Better resolution? Get an iPhone 4 if it's that important.

lol.

btw @danDroid, I sure hope that's not the case! If it is, at least I'll be forced to wait for some reviews and confirmations.. I hope Best Buy will have one on display :D

Madcatzfight

Reaction score
Ugh Verizon reps are saying they are not allowed to give out the release date. And as of late my phone has stopped receiving calls and txts.

bp328i

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I got the free promo buy back offer with my pre-order and they gave me a $50.00 gift card and said it was part of a pre-order package.