HTC Thunderbolt or IPhone 4 ?

Parafly9

Reaction score
the iphone is great for older people who call their son-in-law's for tech support (hi, father in law) :)

I have spent hours, and hours teaching my father in law how to use his droid. But I think it is paying off :)

Dark_Jedi

Reaction score
In all reality..the iPhone 4 is dying. Sure the software is amazing but the phone itself is losing ground. They are gonna have to give the iphone 5 a bigger screen if they wanna stay in this game. And i agree the iphone is easier to use so older folks are more inclined to like it. But without jailbreaking it ur on apples terms as what you can do with it..oh wow you can change the background and change ur MMS ringtone..they just added that in december when every other phone has been doing that..see where im going with this?

Parafly9

Reaction score
In all reality..the iPhone 4 is dying. Sure the software is amazing but the phone itself is losing ground. They are gonna have to give the iphone 5 a bigger screen if they wanna stay in this game. And i agree the iphone is easier to use so older folks are more inclined to like it. But without jailbreaking it ur on apples terms as what you can do with it..oh wow you can change the background and change ur MMS ringtone..they just added that in december when every other phone has been doing that..see where im going with this?

I think you are incorrect.

The iPhone 4 was losing ground (and Android gained big time) for one HUGE reason: Verizon didn't have it. I would be willing to bet that a significant number of Verizon android users (myself included) bought a droid because it was the best thing Verizon had to offer.

Now... now that I have had my droid for a while and see what's next, I can't imagine going to an iPhone. But the jailbraking conversation, or rooting conversation, doesn't matter to 95% of the phone users out there. Most iphone users are satisifed with the customizations they have.

I think what is going to happen in the next year is the Verizon Iphone will pick up a lot of the following types of users: first-time smartphone buyers, and AT&T transients. Existing Android users I think will mostly stay Android.

We are going to see a HUGE jump in iPhone users, and a significant slowdown in Android sales, temporarily. Then I think Android will pick up again and continue to grow faster than iOs, and eventually overtake it again, but the playing field was enormously leveled between iOS and Android when Verizon added the iPhone.

Dark_Jedi

Reaction score
Honestly..i dont think the vPhone will generate enough to make a dent in what Android has or will make this year. Apple is fighting uphill at this point and will gain very little ground. Seeing as the vPhone will only have 3 days to itself.

Parafly9

Reaction score
Not good news for Android
Survey: Half of Verizon smartphone users to take iPhone leap | Apple - CNET News

Among the 700-plus smartphone users surveyed, 54 percent of Verizon's current Android and BlackBerry users say they're very or somewhat likely to switch to the Verizon iPhone as soon as it hits the stores. Breaking down those odds, a full 66 percent of BlackBerry users said they're eyeing the iPhone, while 44 percent of Android owners plan to opt for Verizon's new iPhone.

Read more: Survey: Half of Verizon smartphone users to take iPhone leap | Apple - CNET News

moosez3

Reaction score
Okay, I know this is the "Droid Forum" but I would like your honest opinion. My upgrade is available and I can't decide between the Thunderbolt or the IPhone. Sure, neither is available but I would appreciate your views. Thanks in advance for your time.

FYI... I am currently using a Storm 1 so anything will be a major improvement!

Extra FYI... I live in BFE and will probably see LTE sometime in 2015. If there is extra cost for 4G that I can't utilize, is it worth it?

Thanks for the quick replies, I appreciate it.

I actually really do like the apple stuff, and I am going to get a TB.
My reasons:
- LTE
- 4.3" screen and overall size is huge
- Better Camera and DNLA
- I think the TB will be tougher than the glass phone.

BUT If I was you I would think about this more, as you do not have LTE in sight that is huge to me, so you must consider the resale value of apple products are generally the best, so if you got the vPhone you could sell it or trade up when LTE comes out over there.
iPhone:
- iOS is smooth.
- I like iTunes a lot.
- App MArket is very good.
- Resale value
- syncing with everything apple has always worked for me.

And no its not worth it to pay more for LTE if you dont use it... just get a DX if you want a monster 3G droid phone

Russ2387

Reaction score
guess it comes down to what YOU want. not a tech guy? love i tunes? want something to just work with no thinking involved? dont care about customizing your phone {or home screens}. happy with the exact same home screens everyday for the next two years? get an iphone. if you want a different look and feel to your phone occasionally. like to tinker and dont like being told what and how you can look at on the Internet, {ie... Flash,....} get an Android.

Jvandyke13

Reaction score
Get the thunderbolt now since it seems better than the iPhone 4 and then if you still don't have 4g when your eligible for another upgrade then u should get the iPhone 5 by then. But android is pretty awesome. I recommend it over iOS

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk