Htc thunderbolt lag at start up

SoCalNation

Reaction score
I have noticed that when I reset or turn on my phone it takes a long time after the logo pops up and the clouds are on the screen for about 30 seconds. I erased all apps like Norton that could access the system and cause a lag.. no difference. I did a factory reset, same thing. I even have the fast boot on.. any ideas or anything it almost takes a minute to load up. When I got it 2 weeks ago it loaded so fast... Now its slower then my MOTO Droid....

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

OP
SoCalNation

SoCalNation

Reaction score
I think I posted this at the wrong location

cpjr

Reaction score
Thats normal. If you enable fast boot it will load very fast.

OP
SoCalNation

SoCalNation

Reaction score

No its the same with enabled fast boot. It's not normal cause it just started doing this this week.

cpjr

Reaction score
Well I guess mine isnt normal either, and alot of other people....cause they all stick at the clouds for about 30 seconds. There is actually a thread on here somewhere floating around about it. Its more or less been assumed that the animation isnt long enough or doesnt loop like some other droid phones and makes it look like its hanging.

johnny9i6

Reaction score
In order for fast boot to work you have to either be in a 4g location or be connected to WiFi. It will not work on 3g. Hope this helps.

OP
SoCalNation

SoCalNation

Reaction score
I remember being on WiFi and it loading fast. Well that's no the case now.. I timed it and from the start of it booting from restarting it. 2m2s... That's NOT normal. It spent the first 30 going through the HTC logo white screen. Then from then was the thunderbolt screen which spent a total of 1m 32s on the cloud screen. The first time I tried it my battery was 47% then after the reset it was at 21% .

Keep in mind I did a factory reset yesterday to try and resolve the issue which it did nothing.

TJF2011

Reaction score
I too am having the same problem, i have had it since day one. I asked the Verizon Reps and they said it appeared to be normal. I told them that HTC advertised their "10 second reboot". I was very unhappy with that. My Droid X started up faster. You can call Verizon and ask them if its normal, but my guess is that its was a failure on HTCs' part.

Also activating the fast boot in the settings did not help at all. I saw no difference. Also it makes no difference whether your in 3G,4G,WIFI, or 1X...

If you find out how to get your to fast boot, let me know

wingdo

Reaction score
Actually the "fast boot" only works if you power off and power on the phone. A restart is still a full restart. The fast boot refers to the time from powered off to powered on.

OP
SoCalNation

SoCalNation

Reaction score
I have to disagree.. my fast boot is checked and my phone takes 2 minutes to load regardless if its reset or powered off. 3G or WiFi.
When I got my phone on the date it came out it did boot fast.
I even did a factory reset and it still is slow ..

wingdo

Reaction score
what does fast boot do, or dont do? it makes it sound like it wont load all my apps

When Fast Boot is enabled, the "power off" option when holding down the power button doesn't really power off the phone, it just puts it into what is basically a hibernate state. When you power it back on, it's around 10 seconds to get to a state where you can get to your home screen. It's pretty slick, you get the HTC logo, the Thunderbolt animation and sound (if you haven't turned the start screen volume down), and poof as soon as the animation is over you're at the slide to unlock screen.

Works for me every time.

circsmonky

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
what does fast boot do, or dont do? it makes it sound like it wont load all my apps

When Fast Boot is enabled, the "power off" option when holding down the power button doesn't really power off the phone, it just puts it into what is basically a hibernate state. When you power it back on, it's around 10 seconds to get to a state where you can get to your home screen. It's pretty slick, you get the HTC logo, the Thunderbolt animation and sound (if you haven't turned the start screen volume down), and poof as soon as the animation is over you're at the slide to unlock screen.

Works for me every time.
oh, well i never power off unless im switching batteries so i guess no good for me

TJF2011

Reaction score
I too am having the same problem, i have had it since day one. I asked the Verizon Reps and they said it appeared to be normal. I told them that HTC advertised their "10 second reboot". I was very unhappy with that. My Droid X started up faster. You can call Verizon and ask them if its normal, but my guess is that its was a failure on HTCs' part.

Also activating the fast boot in the settings did not help at all. I saw no difference. Also it makes no difference whether your in 3G,4G,WIFI, or 1X...

If you find out how to get your to fast boot, let me know

Ok...... Update......

The fast boot will not work if you try to just restart your phone.. it only works when you choose to turn off tue phone completely... Thank you forum for helping me out... It appears to only hibernate the phone though but yes its a fast boot

305rev305

Reaction score
I have noticed that when I reset or turn on my phone it takes a long time after the logo pops up and the clouds are on the screen for about 30 seconds. I erased all apps like Norton that could access the system and cause a lag.. no difference. I did a factory reset, same thing. I even have the fast boot on.. any ideas or anything it almost takes a minute to load up. When I got it 2 weeks ago it loaded so fast... Now its slower then my MOTO Droid....

That happens to mine as well. I think it happens to everyone cause I've about this issue already. To tell u the truth, I'm picky but that is a non issue for me.

Last edited: