HTC Thunderbolt Discount

lettuce chief

Reaction score
****? i spent $270 on this phone on a new 2 year.

whatever, my thunderbolt was worth it.

:icon_evil::icon_evil:

If you bought thru Wirefly, you pay more for your plan monthly.

Add the additional 20 bucks you pay monthly for the next 2 years and you can add $480 to that $275. Now after 2 years, you paid $755 for the Thunderbolt.
who the fudge said i bout from wirefly?
i got it from best buy... $250 was the price of the phone.. some 20 odd dollars in tax.

but if people bought through wirefly they also got a discount on the price? but still, i guess theyre paying more in the long run.

and well i got mine on 3/17, so i didnt have to wait even longer LOL

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
What's the extra monthly fee you pay with wirefly. They use Verizon plans

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Wirefly

Reaction score
While searching around online for discounts on the Thunderbolt, I came across this website studentrate that is giving $20 cash back when you buy the Verizon HTC Thunderbolt through Wirefly. Here's a link to the discount if you're interested $20 Cash Back on HTC Thunderbolt .

If anyone knows of any other discounts/deals, post 'em!

:icon_ banana:

What I do not like about Wirefly is the need for them to revamp your current plan when upgrading a device. They charge a bit more on a monthly basis, which end up costing you more in the long run. They $20 cash back, will cost you hundreds more over a period of 2 years. How do you think they give such good deals on these phones?

The prices we have online for the carrier rate plans are no different than what the carriers themselves offer. We do not have authority to change the cost of a rate plan because the payments for your plan do not come to us, they are paid directly to your carrier. The reason why we are able to offer our phones at such low costs are because of our Price Advantage which you can read all about here Wirefly - Free and low prices on new cell phones for every major carrier.

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
While searching around online for discounts on the Thunderbolt, I came across this website studentrate that is giving $20 cash back when you buy the Verizon HTC Thunderbolt through Wirefly. Here's a link to the discount if you're interested $20 Cash Back on HTC Thunderbolt .

If anyone knows of any other discounts/deals, post 'em!

:icon_ banana:

What I do not like about Wirefly is the need for them to revamp your current plan when upgrading a device. They charge a bit more on a monthly basis, which end up costing you more in the long run. They $20 cash back, will cost you hundreds more over a period of 2 years. How do you think they give such good deals on these phones?

The prices we have online for the carrier rate plans are no different than what the carriers themselves offer. We do not have authority to change the cost of a rate plan because the payments for your plan do not come to us, they are paid directly to your carrier. The reason why we are able to offer our phones at such low costs are because of our Price Advantage which you can read all about here Wirefly - Free and low prices on new cell phones for every major carrier.

Thanks for the clarification. I went on wirefly site and they are Verizon plans with cheaper phones. That's all to it

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

OP
Flyer

Flyer

Reaction score
Too bad I'm not the primary line therefore can't upgrade early...boo. Looks like I'll have to wait till summer.

illmatic636

Reaction score
****? i spent $270 on this phone on a new 2 year.

whatever, my thunderbolt was worth it.

:icon_evil::icon_evil:

If you bought thru Wirefly, you pay more for your plan monthly.

Add the additional 20 bucks you pay monthly for the next 2 years and you can add $480 to that $275. Now after 2 years, you paid $755 for the Thunderbolt.
who the fudge said i bout from wirefly?
i got it from best buy... $250 was the price of the phone.. some 20 odd dollars in tax.

but if people bought through wirefly they also got a discount on the price? but still, i guess theyre paying more in the long run.

and well i got mine on 3/17, so i didnt have to wait even longer LOL

hahaha. Sorry about that, misunderstanding on my part.

Carry on mate!

Nightmares

Reaction score
Called verizon, said I saw it online for $150. They said it'd be $300.

Checked online at verizon.com through the upgrade page. Said $250.

I got 180 bucks total.

Any help?

wolf moderate

Reaction score
I'm confused about Wirefly. So your guys' posts flaming them were bullchit? So there is no problem ordering through them? There is a banner at the top of the thread that says $25 off w/ coupon code Thunder0321...They sell the phone for $199 and there is no activation fee.

They must be doing something sketchy right? Not following how they are making $$$ when selling so cheaply w/ no activation...

thanks.

Wirefly

Reaction score
I'm confused about Wirefly. So your guys' posts flaming them were bullchit? So there is no problem ordering through them? There is a banner at the top of the thread that says $25 off w/ coupon code Thunder0321...They sell the phone for $199 and there is no activation fee.

They must be doing something sketchy right? Not following how they are making $$$ when selling so cheaply w/ no activation...

thanks.

I can assure you that we are a legitimate company and our deals are real. In fact, as the internet's #1 authorized dealer for Verizon Wireless, Sprint, and T-Mobile, we only activate devices from certified carrier distributors. Every device has a full U.S. warranty, and is never refurbished unless explicitly sold as such. The phones you order from Wirefly are the exact same devices you'd get from going to a carrier retail store.

You can read about our price advantage here on our website: Wirefly - Free and low prices on new cell phones for every major carrier

Please let me know if there is anything else that I can answer for you or assist you with regarding Wirefly. :)

illmatic636

Reaction score

thanks.

I can assure you that we are a legitimate company and our deals are real. In fact, as the internet's #1 authorized dealer for Verizon Wireless, Sprint, and T-Mobile, we only activate devices from certified carrier distributors. Every device has a full U.S. warranty, and is never refurbished unless explicitly sold as such. The phones you order from Wirefly are the exact same devices you'd get from going to a carrier retail store.

You can read about our price advantage here on our website: Wirefly - Free and low prices on new cell phones for every major carrier

Please let me know if there is anything else that I can answer for you or assist you with regarding Wirefly. :)

Why do you have to change your plan when upgrading your device on Wirefly?

Duces

Last edited:

Wirefly

Reaction score

thanks.

Why do you have to change your plan when upgrading your device on Wirefly?

Most of our customers are able to keep their exisiting rate plan, you either select that option, or select your rate plan that you currently have. If the customer has an older grandfathered plan, the carrier will not allow us to upgrade those plans - as they wont pay us our commission for activating those plans. Some of the newer Android devices the carrier require a newer plan/data plan to be used on the networks, and as with the grandfathered plans, sometimes the carrier will not pay us for activating a lower rate plan on the upgrade.

loki993

Reaction score
are they that stupid to not check the price online. Cuz the price is 249.99.

People with corporate discounts can get the phone for less than the online advertised price. I could have got the phone for $150 but I didn't want to wait until April 3, so I got it on March 17. If I wanted a two year on March 17 I could have paid $199 or waited till April 3 to take advantage of my new every two also for a cost of $150.

So it's not the reps, when they ring you up on their machine, it automatically discounts the phone at the final checkout screen.

Corporate discounts? I'm getting a discount right now in my line. Be AFIK we just have the standard corporate Verizon discount that's 20 percent off the bill and 25 percent off accessories. Is there a different corporate plan?

My contract went to Aug. of this year. As I said I looked at my Verizon page online and it said,' upgrade your phone'. I clicked on it (last Friday) and thought I would keep going forward on the page till it told me I couldn't upgrade till Aug.. Well it just kept going till the price page which said $100 off promotion. Still not believing I continued till I got to pushing the button to buy. I stopped and called my local Verizon store and asked them if they would match the website price of $149.99. She said it was an unadvertized promotion and she would match it at the store. I got her name and immediately went in and bought the phone. She said Verizon wants to get 4G phones out on the street. It was an incredible deal. Do what I did and see if it still works.

Where are you located? I heard this may be a regional deal. Also have any idea if it can also be combined with a 1 year contact, obviously it would be more then, but still.

tsupal

Reaction score
Wirefly discounts

Does Wirefly honor the "early upgrade" discounts being offered? And do you honor any available corporate discounts?

Last edited:
OP
Flyer

Flyer

Reaction score
So it looks like you can get $25 off with coupon code Thunder0321 on top of the $20 cash back...sounds good to medancedroid