HTC Thunderbolt Discount

Flyer

Reaction score
While searching around online for discounts on the Thunderbolt, I came across this website studentrate that is giving $20 cash back when you buy the Verizon HTC Thunderbolt through Wirefly. Here's a link to the discount if you're interested $20 Cash Back on HTC Thunderbolt .

If anyone knows of any other discounts/deals, post 'em!

:icon_ banana:

P

Phony78

Do you have the ThunderBolt? Do you like it? That's a pretty sweet dealio

greyghost04

Reaction score
I went to the Verizon site and bought it for $150. Ended up going to the store and they honored the price. Just go in and say you saw it for $150 online at their website. They also pulled forward my contract 4 months.

P

Phony78

I went to the Verizon site and bought it for $150. Ended up going to the store and they honored the price. Just go in and say you saw it for $150 online at their website. They also pulled forward my contract 4 months.

Thanks for the tip.... Interesting pricing strategy they have at Verizon

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score
[QUOTE.... They also pulled forward my contract 4 months.

So they let you upgrade early?[/QUOTE]

Yes but only for the primary line I believe.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
Flyer

Flyer

Reaction score

So they let you upgrade early??

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
are they that stupid to not check the price online. Cuz the price is 249.99.

Larry_ThaGr81

Reaction score

So they let you upgrade early??

Primary lines can upgrade early one last time as of January 16 of this year. It's called a early upgrade and can be used after 12 months or a 24 month contract. But once you use that after January 16 2001, you can't take advantage of that anymore.

Larry_ThaGr81

Reaction score

People with corporate discounts can get the phone for less than the online advertised price. I could have got the phone for $150 but I didn't want to wait until April 3, so I got it on March 17. If I wanted a two year on March 17 I could have paid $199 or waited till April 3 to take advantage of my new every two also for a cost of $150.

So it's not the reps, when they ring you up on their machine, it automatically discounts the phone at the final checkout screen.

Last edited:

greyghost04

Reaction score
My contract went to Aug. of this year. As I said I looked at my Verizon page online and it said,' upgrade your phone'. I clicked on it (last Friday) and thought I would keep going forward on the page till it told me I couldn't upgrade till Aug.. Well it just kept going till the price page which said $100 off promotion. Still not believing I continued till I got to pushing the button to buy. I stopped and called my local Verizon store and asked them if they would match the website price of $149.99. She said it was an unadvertized promotion and she would match it at the store. I got her name and immediately went in and bought the phone. She said Verizon wants to get 4G phones out on the street. It was an incredible deal. Do what I did and see if it still works.

illmatic636

Reaction score
While searching around online for discounts on the Thunderbolt, I came across this website studentrate that is giving $20 cash back when you buy the Verizon HTC Thunderbolt through Wirefly. Here's a link to the discount if you're interested $20 Cash Back on HTC Thunderbolt .

If anyone knows of any other discounts/deals, post 'em!

:icon_ banana:

What I do not like about Wirefly is the need for them to revamp your current plan when upgrading a device. They charge a bit more on a monthly basis, which end up costing you more in the long run. They $20 cash back, will cost you hundreds more over a period of 2 years. How do you think they give such good deals on these phones?

greyghost04

Reaction score

People with corporate discounts can get the phone for less than the online advertised price. I could have got the phone for $150 if I didn't want to wait until April 3, so I got it on March 17. If I wanted a two year on March 17 I could have paid $199 or waited till April 3 to take advantage of my new every two also for a cost of $150.

So it's not the reps, when they ring you up on their machine, it automatically discounts the phone at the final checkout screen.

I do have a corporate account, so maybe that is it.

lettuce chief

Reaction score
****? i spent $270 on this phone on a new 2 year.

whatever, my thunderbolt was worth it.

:icon_evil::icon_evil:

illmatic636

Reaction score
****? i spent $270 on this phone on a new 2 year.

whatever, my thunderbolt was worth it.

:icon_evil::icon_evil:

If you bought thru Wirefly, you pay more for your plan monthly.

Add the additional 20 bucks you pay monthly for the next 2 years and you can add $480 to that $275. Now after 2 years, you paid $755 for the Thunderbolt.