HTC Thunderbolt Bootloader Locked?

sportadic22

Reaction score
i dont think people are giving the devs enough credit lol... i mean come on.. they got a temp root in like 1 day?... a "rough perm root" in 2 days.. then this comes up... about LOCKED... and now they say wait.. we will have it fixed by morning. i mean come on its only been 3 days.. give them a around of applause and sit back and wait.

besides.. you have 14 days to return your phone and get money back (besides 30 bucks for restocking)

we are on day 3..... day 13 is sooo far away haha in technology world :)

SkullOne

Reaction score
well i'm really glad we should be getting roms soon. big fail by htc to not get it up on 2.3 build for launch. htc sense = fail as well.. lots of crapware on it also. i wasn't planning to upgrade to tbolt due to these underwhelming items but because i;'ve found there's 4g reaching where i'd need it for tethering i can't resist or hold out for a 4g mifi...

All the crapware on the Tbole is annoying. However, thanks to the team over at AndIRC that's all a thing of the past now. Root, S-OFF, and CWM FTMFW!

The process to actually do it all is quite involved but it was well worth it. :icon_ banana:

misfortune13

Reaction score
very nice
grey.png

UNC

Reaction score

It is locked..... I guess being the voice of reason in a chorus of optimism is a bad thing....

Like 2 months ago I told everyone how HTC has and will be locking down their phones.... You know, when everyone was waxing poetic about HTC because they "let the devs do...." I said then that the G2 was locked down and that HTC was going that way all together..

Motorola is just smarter than HTC and actually runs a tough bootloader to crack.... It is coming though, and all the HTC fanboys who doubted me when I said they were gonna start locking down..... Well.

It's called Deductive Reasoning. I guarantee that the wireless carriers went to HTC and said "We are tired of the tetherers on your phones, lock em up, or sell em elsewhere".

Usually the American firm makes something before the Eastern firm steals it anyway...

Godfather

Reaction score
i dont think people are giving the devs enough credit lol... i mean come on.. they got a temp root in like 1 day?... a "rough perm root" in 2 days.. then this comes up... about LOCKED... and now they say wait.. we will have it fixed by morning. i mean come on its only been 3 days.. give them a around of applause and sit back and wait.

besides.. you have 14 days to return your phone and get money back (besides 30 bucks for restocking)

we are on day 3..... day 13 is sooo far away haha in technology world :)

Amen on that one!!!