Htc Thunderbolt 1-year contract Verizon online

Sentrix

Reaction score
Eh, you totally missed the point. I'm not talking CPUs here.

What separates the Thunderbolt is the 4G LTE (it's the first one!) and lots of storage out of the box. Has nothing to do with the CPU, in fact, the Bolt only has a Snapdragon single core. 4G LTE phones are going to be priced higher because they are truly in a class of their own. And the Thunderbolt's extra storage does nothing but help justify that price tag.

Has nothing to do with what CPU the phone ships with. The big-ticket, publicized item on these phones aren't going to be whether or not they have a dual-core CPU. It's going to be about 4G LTE capability, and that is what price is going to be based off of.

By that logic a 2TB HDD should cost around $100.000.000 because 20MB a couple of years back was $1000 , so hey , the price is justified . A 12 Mb/s internet cable connection should be $10.000 because it's 100 times faster than the dial up which less than 10 years ago was $50 . And a 100 W speaker should cost $100.000 cause it sounds 1000 times louder than a $100 headphone so hey , the price is justified .
You do know that the production cost for a phone has roughly remain the same in the last couple of years ? The iPhone 1 production cost was as much as the iPhone 4 is now , and a 32 GB micro SD card cost as much to produce now as a 1 GB card was a couple of years back

The high end phones used to cost $299. Even dumbphones--anyone remember the Voyager?

You can always expect new technology to cost a premium. The price will probably come down to $199 for new phones by the 3rd or 4th LTE phone.

Exactly.

Remember when the first Moto Razr was $499?

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Just wondering if you dont have 4g in your area why exactly should you care about this over hyped, poorly executed release, htc pile of worthlessness? And if it is so great why does nobody want to keep it for 20 months?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Seriously before you start a flamewar and make me shut this thread down....just stay out of here and don't post if you think the TB is so worthless. Thanks.

Rotas

Reaction score
Just wondering if you dont have 4g in your area why exactly should you care about this over hyped, poorly executed release, htc pile of worthlessness? And if it is so great why does nobody want to keep it for 20 months?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

That would be your opinion.
It can handle both 3G/4G to my knowledge.
The question remaining is will we have to pay for 4G, and if so what are the plan details.

The phone itself is something to be excited over.
The storage being one of the major things, and the 1.3p front facing camera helps even more, not to mention the kickstand.
It being able to handle voice and data is another catch to the phone.
Skype being baked into the OS is a pretty cool feature, and though video calling might not work now, I am sure it will.
Combine that with the specs on the TB, its quite an impressive device.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Well, it's been said before, but one way to "squeeze" LTE customers is to reduce the subsidy. $100 more for LTE phones is the same as bumping data plans $5 a month and avoids the mess of separate LTE and 3G data pricing.