HTC sued by Apple

gruve

Reaction score
HTC is the maker of the phones, not the OS. Google owns the Android OS, google isn't under pressure at this moment from Apple. I could see this delayed due to touch-screen scrolling and other patent infringements.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
That and droid is made by motorola. With that said I find it funny apple is complaining about copyright infringements.t will get thrown out probably.

gruve

Reaction score
That and droid is made by motorola. With that said I find it funny apple is complaining about copyright infringements.t will get thrown out probably.

Highly unlikely any of this will get thrown out. It will either be a big deal over time, pulling all phones from the shelf with patented material and settle out of court for an undisclosed amt of money or let the judge decide, then HTC fires all their patent attys.

justbob

Reaction score
Google just got the patent for location based advertising. That's a pretty big stick they can swing back with. This is going to be fun to watch!

:popcorn:

mjs31

Reaction score

Highly unlikely any of this will get thrown out. It will either be a big deal over time, pulling all phones from the shelf with patented material and settle out of court for an undisclosed amt of money or let the judge decide, then HTC fires all their patent attys.

It won't get thrown out, but I doubt it will turn out to be a major pulling of all phones. Patent infringement can be tough to prove in many cases. To me, it shows Apple is starting to feel the increase in pressure and want to control not only their users, but every other carriers users.

superglen99

Reaction score
"Unlocking A Device By Performing Gestures On An Unlock Image" Well if apple is gonna pull this patent they better sue LG cause my dare had touch to unlock button. haha. They are just scared cause HTC is releasing a ton of really good Android phones and at this point in the game Iphone 3gs is quickly becoming yesteryears smart phone.

Superfoot

Reaction score
Do you guys think this is what is causing the delay of 2.1 for the Droid?

R1Lover

Reaction score
No, because it has nothing to do with android or motorola, or google for that matter....

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Do you guys think this is what is causing the delay of 2.1 for the Droid?

nope i think they are still having problems with bugs and since it has been this late they may just wait to release it with flash on all the android devices that is capable.

R1Lover

Reaction score
I would also like to say that the reason this lawsuit is happening is due to the fact that Apple is feeling the pressure... they have already reduced their forcast for sales on the iphone over the next year, by about half.

One reason this was done is and I quote an apple exec "The iphone won't make it to verizon until the fourth quarter of 2010 or the first of 2011", so we have reduced our forecast.

So with that said and this latest lawsuit... the only proper thing for apple to do is release the iphone on verizon and stop android in it's track's... and yes if the iphone 4.0 is good it will do just that.