Htc sense rant

stuigi

Reaction score
I am a bit peeved that the TB has been in development for months and that upon release we cannot set up an account on the HTC sense web site. Are we forgotten already. I am aware that this phone is already obsolete as far as the planning stages goes for new devices, but I hope we weren't left out to dry

mthorn79

Reaction score
Their site has been down for awhile now...while I had my Inspire I couldn't log on either.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I am a bit peeved that the TB has been in development for months and that upon release we cannot set up an account on the HTC sense web site. Are we forgotten already. I am aware that this phone is already obsolete as far as the planning stages goes for new devices, but I hope we weren't left out to dry

I read something on a Google search (it may have been Gizmodo or Engadget) that said something like Verizon and HTC weren't on the same page and that HTC phones on Verizon may never get htcsense.com capabilities. It was completely speculation, but may end up being true.

Personally, I am a corporate user and can do a lot of the same things the htcsense.com site can do, but I realize that the general population would want to use it. I hope the rumor was false and that the TBolt will one day appear on the site and the site works. I have not seen htcsense.com functioning ever, but if someone has, I would be curious to know if it is really a game changer.

mthorn79

Reaction score

I read something on a Google search (it may have been Gizmodo or Engadget) that said something like Verizon and HTC weren't on the same page and that HTC phones on Verizon may never get htcsense.com capabilities. It was completely speculation, but may end up being true.

Personally, I am a corporate user and can do a lot of the same things the htcsense.com site can do, but I realize that the general population would want to use it. I hope the rumor was false and that the TBolt will one day appear on the site and the site works. I have not seen htcsense.com functioning ever, but if someone has, I would be curious to know if it is really a game changer.

It was available on the Inspire IE: HTC Likes/HTC Hub & it also came with HTC Book Shelf pre loaded with books to read & you could order more at HTC Hub. The Hub had many extras you could DL. It was really quite awesome. I hope to find a way to get it on the TB.

J5684

Reaction score
Or you can unzip the file and use root explorer or Astro to install the HTC apk...

Reaction score
Or you can unzip the file and use root explorer or Astro to install the HTC apk...

Tried that but it says "Applicaton not installed." There is more than just the APK file, so you would need to know where to put the other files. I hope I can figure this out as I want to try it.

J5684

Reaction score
It won't show up in the app drawer... the other files in that zip are for updater scripts to install this APK in recovery

from the OP in that thread: "Go to settings, accounts and sync and choose to add an account. Choose htc sense."
Scratch that, Astro won't install it correctly ....

It works if you flash it with recovery, it just did it

Reaction score
It won't show up in the app drawer... the other files in that zip are for updater scripts to install this APK in recovery

from the OP in that thread: "Go to settings, accounts and sync and choose to add an account. Choose htc sense."

It's not there. I rebooted the phone and also tried reinstalling, it still tells me it is not installed.

J5684

Reaction score
Yea I tried that, sorry Astro does not install it correctly for some reason.... It works with flashing it...

Reaction score
OK, from the thread of the guy who made the APK:

Originally Posted by ECS2010 You can install the apk using "zip signer" from the market if you aren't rooted...that's what worked for me

Sent from my ADR6400L using XDA App
Oh, and you have to extract the apk from the zip first and then sign it

I did that and it says it installed, rebooted and checked Accounts & Sync and it still isn't there. I am getting frustrated. :icon_evil:

Maybe I will wait until I get home...

J5684

Reaction score
If you are not rooted then you won't beable to flash... I forgot that the zip/apk needs to be signed to install with Astro .. There should be a app in the market "ZipSigner"