HTC Sense People problem

hoboX10

Reaction score
HTC PEOPLE app problem?

I've noticed that for some reason the People Sync to Facebook has all people's birthdays one day behind what they really are. For example one of my friend's birthday is August 10th, and on her Facebook is says that. But my phone has August 9th down. It's like that for all people, and it's only when their Facebooks are linked through sense.

Last edited:

mikeinctown

Reaction score
I just checked the calendar and compared with a Facebook birthday. Mine synced up fine.

Sent from my Rezound using DroidForums.

L

leroybrute

That makes no Sense. Mine synced fine with calander and contacts. Did you back up with Google before you bought the Rezound? I also have been using go launcher calender for the last year on all of my phones. When I installed my calender all of my appointments and contacts were still intact. Could Sense have a bug?

OP
hoboX10

hoboX10

Reaction score
I just checked my Calendar, I didn't know that Sense automatically put dates like birthdays on it.

On the Calendar, the birthdays show up correctly! August 10th for the person I mentioned in the example.

But it's the PEOPLE app that it is bugged. Under her contact information, it says August 9th.

mikeinctown

Reaction score
That makes sense now. I thought it looked strange when the girl i was seeing had may 20th listed as her B-day even though she is the 21st. I'll have to look at the people/contacts again to see if it screwed it up.

<edit> yes, there is a bug in the software. my girl's b-day shows up correctly on the calendar yet says one day sooner in contacts. How strange.

Last edited:
L

leroybrute

Wow strange, before I was looking at my contacts in the dialer. So I check the people app and it shows the right birthday but under that it shows birthday again for the day before. So in my people app it shows 2 birthdays .

cymblue

Reaction score
Double birthdays

I just looked at a particular contact to check this, and it has two birthdays listed: one for August 25 (incorrect), and one for August 26 (correct). I'm guessing the August 26th one might be pulling from gmail contacts.

OP
hoboX10

hoboX10

Reaction score
Haha so I guess this was a pretty unnoticed bug in Sense? Strange. I'm gonna post about this on the HTC Forums.

If anyone finds a fix though please let me and everyone else here know!

Edit: Nevermind looks like someone already posted on their forums for me. Thanks Mikeinctown.

Last edited:
OP
hoboX10

hoboX10

Reaction score
I know this is an old thread, but I want to revive it to say that the OTA update from today (January 27, 2012) fixed this issue! To all that had it, try to get the update.