HTC Sensation XE with BEATS Audio

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
screenshot_01_610x441.jpg

Well, that didn't take very long. One month after acquiring a majority stake in Beats Electronics, HTC revealed today its first smartphone to integrate Beats audio technology, the HTC Sensation XE.

The Sensation XE is a souped up version of the HTC Sensation 4G that utilizes Beats Audio to enhance to the sound experience of the handset and also comes with a pair of custom Beats by Dr. Dre headphones. Once plugged in, the phone automatically detects the headset and switches to a custom Beats sound profile that should deliver fuller bass, crisper vocals, and a new level of clarity and range, according to HTC.

The headphones also feature a remote control so you can play, pause, and advance through tracks, as well as answer and end calls. Unfortunately, the handset only offers about 1GB of user-accessible storage, but it ships with either an 8GB or 16GB microSD card. The expansion slot can also accept up to 32GB.

It doesn't end with the audio enhancements either. The Sensation XE also features a faster 1.5GHz dual-core processor (the Sensation has a 1.2GHz dual-core chipset), a larger 1,730mAh battery, and some red design accents to complement the Beats logo and headphones, of course. The rest of specs list looks pretty similar to the Sensation 4G, with its 4.3-inch qHD touch screen, 8-megapixel camera with 1080p HD video capture, and front-facing VGA camera.

The HTC Sensation XE will be available in Europe, Asia, the Middle East, and Africa in late September. However, pricing and North American availability were not announced at this time.

SOURCE: HTC Sensation XE gets official, packing 1.5GHz dual-core CPU and Beats Audio -- Engadget

Last edited:

BenRx

Reaction score
That is one sharp looking phone!
That's what I was going to say.

I wonder if this is pretty much what we are getting as the Vigor or Thunderbolt 2 (depending on the latest rumor)

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
We are at the point where every new phone comes out with a strong enough processor and enough ram to run anything... not the selling point would be what else can be shuved in it to make you buy it... i think an android phone with spinners is just around the corner.. :D

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
We are at the point where every new phone comes out with a strong enough processor and enough ram to run anything... not the selling point would be what else can be shuved in it to make you buy it... i think an android phone with spinners is just around the corner.. :D

I think we are also going to start seeing phones with projectors in 2012. Many prototypes are in development, and some ad-on ones are already available. I really think the term 'phone' itself is outdated, something more along the lines of the generic 'multi-media device' I think is more suitable. It's coming to a point, where the phone itself is just a feature in the device itself.

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
That thing is bad @$$ looking. Love the red capacitive buttons.

I didn't even notice those... That does give it a nice touch. But that also got me thinking: How many more phones do you think we will see released with capacitive buttons with ICS somewhere around 2 months out? Will they still push out non-ICS phones after that point?

OP
Malvado

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I didn't even notice those... That does give it a nice touch. But that also got me thinking: How many more phones do you think we will see released with capacitive buttons with ICS somewhere around 2 months out? Will they still push out non-ICS phones after that point?

Of course they will. Some phones are barely got froyo and some were still being released when gingerbread came out.

Sent from my Droid 3 directly to YOU!

nikecar

Reaction score
I think we are also going to start seeing phones with projectors in 2012. Many prototypes are in development, and some ad-on ones are already available. I really think the term 'phone' itself is outdated, something more along the lines of the generic 'multi-media device' I think is more suitable. It's coming to a point, where the phone itself is just a feature in the device itself.

Then Apple sues.

Eminem will be the phone's ring tone. "Bastard, you've got a call"

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score

I think this will be a slow process. Over the course of the next year I would expect them to slowly phase this out. I would expect new high end phones to ditch capacitive buttons immediately following the Prime.