HTC sensation XE power button not working

W3lshJok3r

Reaction score
Hi i have a HTC sensation XE and my power buton does not work i've tried loads of things i.e. a master reset and factory reset but they don't work.
what do i need to do to fix it?

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to Droid Forums. Sorry to say if your power button is not working it may be a hardware issue. I would say your best bet is to bring it into the store and see if there is anything the tech people can do for you.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Hello and welcome to the forum!

I agree with JSM on a possible hardware issue...good luck!

axisapt

Reaction score
HTC sensation XE power button not working? Do it yourself.

I've got the solution. Just received my phone unrepaired (from O2) they said the won't repair it because it is a water damage (liquid sensors inside the phone have been activated some way but Ive never spilled any water on it. phone always worked properly).
My power button started playing up about 3 months ago. Phone is almost one year old and still on warranty.
So over a week ago power button stopped working permanently. I could use the phone normally and unlock it by plugging in the charger or USB cable. I thought to pull the battery out and I did wrong... because no way to turn the phone on.
Because it was on warranty I brought it to the O2 Shop.
24/12 it arrived for the repair
two days later I've got a call from O2 that damage is not covered by the warranty and it is going to cost 260 British pounds, great.
They proved me that its been water damaged. They win.
I've got the phone back and tried to check the connector (or whatever it is called) under the power button. I pulled out the little black strip and exposed the connections (just used a flat screwdriver to pull the black strip out). VUALA! You have to create a short circuit on that small plate. Takes 15 minutes an you can easily turn the phone on using either screwdriver or wet finger or wet...whatever.
But its not the end. HTC service in UK is a bunch of useless idiots. screen is damaged now. bright cracks and spots in few places especially you can see them when screen is bright. They are very noticeable. Repair service was last place where phone has been opened. I will go tomorrow to O2. Very angry.
Remember. If your HTC is on warranty and you gonna bring it to your network's shop with power button problem, if possible show them that it is working. Good luck. I may let you know what happens after tomorrow.