HTC sensation or Samsung Galaxy S II

bplewis24

Reaction score
Speaking of TMobile phones, I just stopped into TMobile and did a side by side with the Thunderbolt and the LG G2X at TMobile. The G2X screen makes the Thunderbolt screen look like a dog. I have been on the fence about returning the Thunderbolt, because of the difficulty viewing it outdoors even at Max Brightness, the camera image quality is poor in my view (very noisy and clipped highlights), and the requirement for the extened battery (which I have). As stated I did not realize how much better a screen can and should look on $250 phone until I did a side by side viewing photos on NY Times.com. I also compared Web browsing download times (visually), no stop watch, side by side between Verizon's 4G LTE via the Thunderbolt and TMobile's "4G" HSDPA+ via the LG G2X and the speeds were comparable in terms of how quickly pages on NY Times took to load on each. The Thunderbolt was a hair faster sometimes, but the G2X was plenty quick. You Tube would be a better more challenging test that I'll have to do next time. Still the screen on the G2X just blows the Thunderbolt's screen away. Even at max brightness the Thunderbolt's screen is sub par in this league.

So I am very interested in seeing what Samsung has to offer. I am expecting the screen to be much better than the Thunderbolts. Also the Super AMOLED Plus screen supposedly gets much better battery mileage. On the Thunderbolt the screen is the primary drain on the battery even at 50% brightness.

Still the Thunderbolt is a pretty solidly built phone as is the LG G2X although both share a less than robust back (particularly the extended battery back on the Thunderbolt which flexes on the sides, not mention the degree to which it protrudes). The Samsungs have been flyweight hummingbirds. I prefer a more solid, metal feeling frame. Other areas in the Thunderbolt's favor based on the specs I have seen are the Thunderbolt's 750MB RAM and 8GB of internal storage vs the Samsung's 512MB RAM and 2GB of internal storage. I agree if Verizon is going to price this Samsung Charge at $300 they are going to make buying this phone a bitter pill to swallow. Any news on the battery specs on the Samsung?

The G2x is a kick a** phone and I would give my right finger for it to come to verizon.

Brandon

kingsway8605

Reaction score
Check out CNET prizefight. Theory justdid one that really breaks down the differences between these two phones.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk