HTC Security Flaw Demoed In Video

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
[video=youtube;YoTUkQ7SlNU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoTUkQ7SlNU&feature=player_embedded[/video]
We were originally the first to get word of what HTC is doing with our private information, but since the rest of the web is just catching up, a video was posted to help us understand the situation better. TreVe, one of the developers of the Eternity ROM line and a member of the Virus line of ROM's recently posted this video about how easy it is to get access to our private information. Apparently HTC has yet to solve this issue, and so our information is out there for any application developer to have their way with.

The Eternity line of ROMs was able to stop this leak from happening, but I am not sure if other ROM developers have done the same. HTC replied to Engadget's post saying they are working on it as we speak, so look for a possible update coming soon.

Via: Engadget

Last edited by a moderator:

porsche996

Reaction score
From reading other news sites, the issue can be solved by deleting the htcloggers.apk program. That requires root... I went ahead and froze that app with titanium backup; figure I don't want to delete it just yet, then find out I needed it later on!