HTC Says Rezound Official ICS Update Available Today

nikecar

Reaction score
The Wireless Alert System.

IS that where the government sends us a text saying what they think is important and I have to hear the beep beep beep?

Kag Pirate

Reaction score
The Wireless Alert System.

IS that where the government sends us a text saying what they think is important and I have to hear the beep beep beep?

Here is a link for you to read, Emergency alerts tap cell phone technology | Superior Telegram | Superior, Wisconsin Fast rundown, Under the Wireless Emergency Alert system, the National Weather Service will send warnings for tornadoes, blizzards, ice storms and flash flooding to cell phone towers. These emergency alerts will be sent to the newer version cell phones in affected areas.

Snoking

Reaction score
Now I am getting "Server Unavailable" when checking for updates.

nikecar

Reaction score
Kag Pirate said:
Here is a link for you to read, Emergency alerts tap cell phone technology | Superior Telegram | Superior, Wisconsin Fast rundown, Under the Wireless Emergency Alert system, the National Weather Service will send warnings for tornadoes, blizzards, ice storms and flash flooding to cell phone towers. These emergency alerts will be sent to the newer version cell phones in affected areas.

Thanks, but I guess sarcasm doesn't come properly through your phone. I was hoping the phone wouldn't have this feature. I don't need my phone giving me the same info I would get elsewhere with better local coverage.

nikecar

Reaction score
Snoking said:
Now I am getting "Server Unavailable" when checking for updates.

I came to post the same when I got sidetracked by the emergency broadcast system.

Maybe they are prepping their servers for ics.

Rotas

Reaction score
I was getting a message saying the service was unavailable, now I just get "No new updates".
Got all excited when I saw this thread, and now thats been crushed. =/

rpdonald

Reaction score
nikecar said:
Thanks, but I guess sarcasm doesn't come properly through your phone. I was hoping the phone wouldn't have this feature. I don't need my phone giving me the same info I would get elsewhere with better local coverage.

You know, most likely this is a government mandated thing. Like how you have to be able to call 911 even if you have no service.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

nikecar

Reaction score
rpdonald said:
You know, most likely this is a government mandated thing. Like how you have to be able to call 911 even if you have no service.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

Then they'd be doing gingerbread updates with it left and right.

I don't see that feature set in Apple ios.

acousticshade

Reaction score
How dare HTC get an update out before moto. Shame on them!!! Lol

Sent from my HTC REZOUND

Yea, I don't doubt that at all. Probably some HTC exec or engineer thumbing their nose at Big Red. It really ticks me off if indeed Verizon is doing something like that AND would make me not want to buy a Moto phone in the future. While the carriers can do what they will, I really dislike the hard push Verizon has been doing lately with Moto phones. It stifles competition and leaves a sour taste in the mouth of the other manufacturers, which is supposedly NOT what Google wants. Let the d*$m phones and their individual OS's speak for themselves and don't try to sell the masses one specific product.

Hey Big Red and Moto, show some honesty and integrity here!!!

tc1

Reaction score
My January update took about that long, most of it the install time. Heck it takes my phone about 4 minutes just to boot up when I power it down

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

Never understood that... Why does a beast of a phone 1.5 ghtz dual core, 1 gig of ram take soooo long to boot up?

tc1

Reaction score
Funny, I very rarely had any reboots... Probably none until this week.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I've had my phone lock twice on me while taking pictures. Only issues I've had in 5+ months. I assume it is either because of the ICS rom I'm running or, more likely, it's my 64gig class 6 sd card. I've been meaning to figure out how to change setting to get pictures and videos to save to the internal sd (I'm sure it's easy, just too lazy to be bothered with it).

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Funny, I very rarely had any reboots... Probably none until this week.

I've had 0 reboots in the 7 months I've had my phone that I didn't initiate. I reboot it about once a week just from habit.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post