HTC Rhyme No WiFi after failed root

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by RuLEoF2, Jul 20, 2012.

DroidForums.net is the premier Android Forum - Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
  1. RuLEoF2

RuLEoF2 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I've been trying everything I could find to root my wife's HTC Rhyme and nothing works. ZergRush, TocoRoot, SuperTool, OneClick, SuperOneClick... none of it worked. I even tried flashing an RUU with a windows PC utility and it nearly bricked the phone to where I could only boot into the bootloader. I recovered from that but now I have no WiFi. I had this problem on my HTC Incredible and a kernel re-flash fixed it so maybe that's what I need here but I can't find one. Probably couldn't flash it without root S-OFF anyway.

The only thing that I've been able to do successfully is unlock/relock the bootloader. This is my wife's phone and I really want to root it so that she can have the benefit of being able to completely backup everything.

Any help with at least the WiFi issue wold be appreciated. Rooting would be nice too but I don't want to be greedy.

Thanks.
  2. RuLEoF2

RuLEoF2 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I was able to install an RUU which fixed the WiFi issue, but now the phone is stuck in a boot-loop. I've flashed it three times (doing it twice each attempt) but its the same result every time. The phone boots normally the first time, then goes into loop on the next restart. Could be the wrong RUU, could be corrupted or maybe I'm doing it wrong. I don't know.

Please... Any suggestions would be most appreciated.
Search tags for this page
flashing root do need to relock the rhyme bootloader

how to root htc rhyme without computer

htc rhyme boot.img
htc rhyme not connecting to wifi
htc rhyme root no pc
htc rhyme wont connect to wifi

my htc rhyme wont connect to wifi

root htc rhyme

root htc rhyme know computer
why wont my htc rhyme connect to wifi