HTC Rezound will not have Gorilla Glass

mikeyman67

Reaction score
Fortified glass will scratch and break if hit just right. I put a zagg on mine. I miss the smooth feel, but peace of mind is worth it to me

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Droid Forums

NightAngel79

Reaction score
Gorilla Glass is nothing but a brand put out by Corning.

It is not the "end all" of chemically hardened glass, not by a long shot.

I'm getting so sick of hearing about "Gorilla Glass", it is nothing new OR special. If you do not believe me, take a sheet of sandpaper to your Gorilla Glass screen, and then tell me how awesome Gorilla Glass is. Your screen will be a scratched unreadable mess, just like any other hardened glass product.

Too bad phone manufacturers have to look for every little "feature" they can market. If not for marketing, no one would know what "Gorilla Glass" even is

Qft

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

gallows

Reaction score
Glad to hear that your screen remained scratch free. I think only an "Ass" would try to intentionally scratch a screen. Have a good one...

My dominant hand got messed up in Iraq. I only have 2 good fingers on it along with an uncoordinated left hand where the skin has been burned smooth. I foresee lots of dropped phones in my future.

Arodnum1

Reaction score
My dominant hand got messed up in Iraq. I only have 2 good fingers on it along with an uncoordinated left hand where the skin has been burned smooth. I foresee lots of dropped phones in my future.

They should a good case for the rezound, I hope everything is well my friend

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

itchn2go

Reaction score

Thank you for your service. All my best to you.

loki993

Reaction score
I cringe at the thought of purposely taking a key to the screen tho.... Good luck convincing anyone to do that to this precious gem of a phone.

Glad to hear that your screen remained scratch free. I think only an "Ass" would try to intentionally scratch a screen. Have a good one...

Ive seen it done many times, to no ill effect I may add, with Gorilla Glass...just saying

BTW ..... zombie thread lol

luckybadback

Reaction score
Hey Man, I am sorry to hear about hour injury and also Thank you for your service to our Country. It kind of puts all this talk about cell phones into perspective. I too have been permanently disabled for close to ten years. I wish you the best. As an aside after three Rezound phones I had no other option than to try out the Samsung Galaxy Nexus. I am glad that I did as I still find different things I like about this phone all the time. Anyway, Cheers...

loki993

Reaction score
Hey Man, I am sorry to hear about hour injury and also Thank you for your service to our Country. It kind of puts all this talk about cell phones into perspective. I too have been permanently disabled for close to ten years. I wish you the best. As an aside after three Rezound phones I had no other option than to try out the Samsung Galaxy Nexus. I am glad that I did as I still find different things I like about this phone all the time. Anyway, Cheers...

What was wrong with your Rezounds?

luckybadback

Reaction score
What was wrong with your Rezounds?
The first one would not calibrate, so everything looked like it was slantlng down from left to right. The colors were ok but they always seemed like I was looking at the screen with sun glasses on. I think that was justvthe way the display was designed. By the time I got the third one, I had already also been thru two Motorola RAZR's. Originally I wanted the Samsung but with the delayed release I felt like Ivwas settling so I went with my original choice and picked up the Nexus. I play games and listen to music quite a bit and this phone is fantastic. I added Volume+ and the sound is so good both in quality and volume that I often have to turn it down. The display is phenonenal. I just put in the new Seido 3800 mah battery and I am still calibrating the battery but the increase in time between charges is crazy. I am not using a case yet, andvI am not sure if I will as I like the feel of the Seido door that comes with the extended battery. It is ergonomically perfect and I do not notice any added weight. it actually helps with gripvwhen playing games...Take care