HTC Rezound will not have Gorilla Glass

luckybadback

Reaction score
As a former Moto loyalist who had the RAZR and went to Verizon with someone and saw the Rezound and quickly returned my RAZR in favor of the Rezound. Like anyone who had been following the reviews leading up to the release of Verizons big 3, which turned out to be a two horse race, I had figured with the Moto being built to withstand a drop from ten stories and able to stop bullets I went for it. Once I saw the Resound I said to myself, finally an Android phone with killer processor and GPU, decent RAM, and a screen that surpasses the king of all screens worldwide, the Retina display. A bigger and better quality display that allowed all text to be read clearly without any "fuzziness" that we had to accept for so long. Finally a device that does everything it is advertised to do. A device that in my humblest opinion exceeded the expectations of many. I had it at number 3 when we thought all three phones were going to come out around the same time. I was wrong, I admit it, and no matter how much hype there is with the Samsung phone when it is released I will not be jumping ship. ICS is a brand new O/S and like all new operating systems it will have it's share of problems. Anyone old enough to remember Microsoft upgrading the worlds PC's from Windows 3.1 to Windows 95 knows what I am talking about. First is not always best with softwate releases. It usually takes MS three service packs to correct most of the major issues. Sit back enjoy this device with a stable version of GB. When you are ready for an upgrade ICS should me mainstreamed and everyone will be talking about Octa-Core 3D phones running Jellybean with full 7.1 dolbly surround sound....See ya

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

cp24eva

Reaction score
I have a Bionic and Rezound that I go back and forth using. The Rezound's screen is literally becoming addicting - it's so nice to look at.

Just give it up! I got the Rezound....worked on my old Bionic to try some differences, and I find the rezound is better in everyway. But thats off subject from the topic.

As with any screen, I would get a screen protector right off the bat until proven otherwise. I normally do, and i always get the "wow, this phone looks brand new" eveytime I go to resell an item. Like last week I turned in an iphone 3G (not even a 3Gs) With the screen still in tact. That thing has been dumped around tossed and manhandled. They were surprised and how nice the screen still looked. Then I said, "Oh, let me take off that screen protector before I give it to you." Then they had the WTF look on their face and said, wow.

Always use protection (thats what she said)

luckybadback

Reaction score
Just give it up! I got the Rezound....worked on my old Bionic to try some differences, and I find the rezound is better in everyway. But thats off subject from the topic.

As with any screen, I would get a screen protector right off the bat until proven otherwise. I normally do, and i always get the "wow, this phone looks brand new" eveytime I go to resell an item. Like last week I turned in an iphone 3G (not even a 3Gs) With the screen still in tact. That thing has been dumped around tossed and manhandled. They were surprised and how nice the screen still looked. Then I said, "Oh, let me take off that screen protector before I give it to you." Then they had the WTF look on their face and said, wow.

Always use protection (thats what she said)

Amen!!!!

atomicwedgie

Reaction score
Ouch lotta heat in here.

I've owned 6 phones over the last 4 years... I never use screen protectors and only once I managed to put a teeny tiny nick in a screen.

And... my phones take a beating, I'm a landscaper.

Gorilla glass is a lot of marketing hype IMHO.

Shankville75

Reaction score
Ouch lotta heat in here.

I've owned 6 phones over the last 4 years... I never use screen protectors and only once I managed to put a teeny tiny nick in a screen.

And... my phones take a beating, I'm a landscaper.

Gorilla glass is a lot of marketing hype IMHO.

Amen

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Gorilla Glass is nothing but a brand put out by Corning.

It is not the "end all" of chemically hardened glass, not by a long shot.

I'm getting so sick of hearing about "Gorilla Glass", it is nothing new OR special. If you do not believe me, take a sheet of sandpaper to your Gorilla Glass screen, and then tell me how awesome Gorilla Glass is. Your screen will be a scratched unreadable mess, just like any other hardened glass product.

Too bad phone manufacturers have to look for every little "feature" they can market. If not for marketing, no one would know what "Gorilla Glass" even is

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm getting my Rezound this thursday, how is the glass? I don't use protectors but am extremely careful with how and where I put my phones. I always and only put it in my left pocket with nothing else in it. Will it hold up to light wear and tear?

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm getting my Rezound this thursday, how is the glass? I don't use protectors but am extremely careful with how and where I put my phones. I always and only put it in my left pocket with nothing else in it. Will it hold up to light wear and tear?

So far it's been good but I've been uber careful. Zagg has been out of stock, and I always use them, so I've got nothing...

gallows

Reaction score
I'm pretty hard on phones. My hands got all F-up in iraq so I almost constantly drop my phones. Much to my absolute horror, my rezound landed face down on the asphalt and i see not one scratch....

cp24eva

Reaction score
Just order two ZAGG protectors yesterday. They had a cyber monday special. Got mine two for one!

luckybadback

Reaction score
Just order two ZAGG protectors yesterday. They had a cyber monday special. Got mine two for one!

Ok, this will be my final post on this subject. The glass used on the Rezound is some kind of fortified glass. It also is super smooth and your fingers glide accross the screen. I can only explain it as if you were gliding on ice, I put on a clear screen protector and the display did not degrade in quality one bit but the screen protector does not have that same silk like smoothness and if you are trying to play a game and need to keep in contact with the screen your fingers will get stopped at times as it is not as smooth as the glass. I am going sans screen protector as this glass is like any other glass I have had on my prior 8 phones and not one of them ever got a scratch on them and I never used screen protectors. The phone is built well enough to withstand day to day use. If you feel.better using and replacing screen protectors it is a personal choice. There is no feel better than the actual glass and whatever coating was used to make this display rock and glide and roll...Peace...You have to love this phone!!!

kparks

Reaction score
When u get it take it out get a nice key or something and try to scratch the screen and end this debate for everyone then after IT DOES NOT SCRATCH post back and have a good night lol..

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

gallows

Reaction score
When u get it take it out get a nice key or something and try to scratch the screen and end this debate for everyone then after IT DOES NOT SCRATCH post back and have a good night lol..

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

I dropped my rezound face down on my very rocky aged asphalt driveway.... I've got some scratches on the plastic, the screen is still smooth and blemish free. Now this is hardly "proof" that it is like gorilla glass because I've dropped previous devices that had gorilla glass and they've come back looking all messed up. But anecdotal evidence can't really be considered solid fact... so take my claims with a grain of salt. There are a lot of factors when it comes to scratching a screen. I'm just saying, based off my own experience the glass is pretty hardy.

I cringe at the thought of purposely taking a key to the screen tho.... Good luck convincing anyone to do that to this precious gem of a phone.

Last edited:

luckybadback

Reaction score
I dropped my rezound face down on my very rocky aged asphalt driveway.... I've got some scratches on the plastic, the screen is still smooth and blemish free. Now this is hardly "proof" that it is like gorilla glass because I've dropped previous devices that had gorilla glass and they've come back looking all messed up. But anecdotal evidence can't really be considered solid fact... so take my claims with a grain of salt. There are a lot of factors when it comes to scratching a screen. I'm just saying, based off my own experience the glass is pretty hardy.

I cringe at the thought of purposely taking a key to the screen tho.... Good luck convincing anyone to do that to this precious gem of a phone.

Glad to hear that your screen remained scratch free. I think only an "Ass" would try to intentionally scratch a screen. Have a good one...