HTC Rezound keeps on dropping the 4G

aleduc

Reaction score
My new HTC rezound keeps on dropping the 4G. For the past day or two, it's been at 1x steady (not even 3G!). 4G comes up briefly after I turn the Airplane mode on/off but only for a couple of minutes, then it's back to 1x. And the "Power Mode" is set to "High Performance". I know Verizon has been having coverage issues lately, but I am writing this on December 31st (Happy new Year!) and I am not aware of any covergage issues going on (I checked online). Since I got the phone, it would go back and fourth between 3G and 4G (which I perfectly understand since coverage is not the same everywhere). But now I have been stuck at 1x for two days, and I have been moving around (all within New York City). Of course the phone started getting stuck at 1x RIGHT AFTER my 14-day "trial period" was over. And I did not take any insurance. Does it mean that I am toasted and will have to keep the phone (even if it is defective)? Anybody else having this problem?

Coupe

Reaction score
Mine does that when I get near bigger buildings that obstruct line of sight, I think the radios could be weak? You may be past 14 days but you still have warranty so go ask vzw about it and report back for me.

Also, what kind of cover do you have on it? I have a two piece snap over unit from eBay and I am curious if those could cause an issue.

ShortRound45

Reaction score
Verizon has been having network issues. I ended up restarting phone to get it to attach to 4G after 5 days of 1X.

OP
A

aleduc

Reaction score
That worked for me also, thanks! I guess I did not try to do a restart because I had tried it in the past and it had not changed anything but I realize that was during the time Verixon was having on going coverage issues. But I do hope I am not going to have to do a restart all the time because that will be very annoying. I suffered for two years with a Palm Pixi that was dropping the data all the time and the only way to turn it back on was a restart. And that was with Verizon as well...coincidence?

mikeinctown

Reaction score
Mine does that occasionally. Skips right past 3 g. I wind up doing a restart and it works fine after that.no idea why you have to restart but it works.

Sent from my Rezound using Droid Forums.

bvjens31

Reaction score
Yeah my data connection has been HORRIBLE for the past week or 2 (and that's putting it gently). Nothing more annoying when I have to use the wifi tether for work and getting constantly kicked off of remote servers because 4g drops. Been forcing my phone to use 3g only and that has helped some but it still cuts out now and again. Verizon has admitted that there have been "3" 4g outages in December but that supposedly the 3g was unaffected. Well, I can say that's a load of crap, because my 3g cuts out too. Not sure if it's just my phone or if they are having issues in my area. I wouldn't care so much if they didn't charge an arm and a leg for the mobile hotspot. Charging that much for a service brings about a certain level of expectations, and VZW is falling terribly short. I really don't wanna trade my phone in for a new one, because it'll probably just happen again and then I have to spend all that time getting the phone back to the way I like it. Oh well, not much else we can do about it I guess. I just suggest using the LTEOnOff app for Thunderbolt, works just fine on the Rezound, to make it a snap changing to/from 4g/3g.

Volkaru

Reaction score
I am also having some data issues as of this posting, I made sure that after the black out I had gone back into ##778# and changed the modem setting Rev. A back to eHRPD, and then the *#*#4636#*#* setting back to CDMA + LTE/EvDo auto, as well as making sure my battery setting was at high performance and nothing in the network setting was changed (still was always on mobile network, and set to LTE/CDMA) But since the outage--In areas where I'd normally have perfect 4G all the way from the outskirts of Oregon City to Downtown Portland and Beaverton--I have had spotty 4G service, on the bus ride from downtown to Oregon City, I before this last outage had constant 4G service, now in areas I'll randomly drop down to 1X for a little while, then back up to 4G. If I stay in one spot for a while I'll get 4G again and keep it, but while moving around when I'd normally keep my 4G, I drop down to 1X.

Until this outage I had no issues what-so-ever when it came to reception with this phone, I have also powered down my phone, and removed all the battery, SIM, and even SD card for a few minutes last night to make sure it was fully powered off and had time to sit and cool down. I have not seen any more complaints of nation-wide outages, and I haven't seen a documented issue in my area with the signal, but do you think the outage has possibly messed with something on my phone? Or is the network still having problems for some people? Or could it just be that they're doing maintenance on the towers around my area and I should wait a couple more days before I start smashing my mental panic button again? (This is my third Rezound, a refurb, has given me no issues in the two weeks I've had this one other than this. First phone had audio issues, was the new one, second was a refurb since it was past my 14 days when I decided to return the first, that one went into a bunch of weird bootloops that weren't related to network settings, and not even a factory reset helped.) So I'm hoping it's not a phone problem but that we're still having some network issues, any feedback is greatly appreciated.

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Been having the same issues lately as well, but never noticed it till I installed a ROM. Wasn't sure if it was the ROM or not.

For those also having issues, did you install ROM's or are you guys stock??

Volkaru

Reaction score
Been having the same issues lately as well, but never noticed it till I installed a ROM. Wasn't sure if it was the ROM or not.

I'm stock, I'm waiting for a few more updates before I root and ROM.

bvjens31

Reaction score

Full stock

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

Reaction score
My phone is stock. I have had 0 issues with this phone which amazes me. Also had a gnex. Got rid of it because of major signal issues.

bvjens31

Reaction score
My phone is stock. I have had 0 issues with this phone which amazes me. Also had a gnex. Got rid of it because of major signal issues.

I got my Rezound on release day and had very few data issues until about 3 weeks ago. Then the wheels came off. I will say that the past 2 nights have been quite solid. I'm sure it will gradually get better. Still might have a relapse now and then, but hopefully the worst is over

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

rasaun87

Reaction score
Its been a lot of issues the last month... the gnex came out at a bad time so everybody thought it was just the phone but in all actuality with all the activations around Christmas that's expected... don't worry we'll all be fine

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

JohnnyS101

Reaction score
I don't know if this will be help, but this is my experience. I got a DROID 3 when it came out in stores July 14th. I returned it after problems in December and got a replacement model. This replacement model works flawless compared to my first DROID 3 that had some problems, out of the box.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums