HTC Rezound Getting New Update

gmorgan056

Reaction score
This phone is awesome! Being unlocked with custom kernels as well makes this phone fun. Best phone I've had (previous phones were Bionic and DX).

I think you'll love it as well.

Just got my Rezound yesterday after my 4th Bionic. Do the kernals really help with battery life? I'm seeing stock battery doesn't last very long.

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just got my Rezound yesterday after my 4th Bionic. Do the kernals really help with battery life? I'm seeing stock battery doesn't last very long.

Kernels have the potential to help with battery life, yes. But not always, depending on what governor you use and how you use the phone.

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
I was never able to test out the battery life, as the ROMs I tried had other issues, like no corporate exchange email, etc...

The problem is that it takes a long time to get a really nice ROM. Just grabbing the leak and hacking it and adding a few mods and ripping out some bloat usually breaks some things in the process... and it takes several weeks of people like us installing the ROMs and reporting back all the crap that is broken and doesn't work, for the Devs to start fixing things and make it into what I would consider as a daily driver.

I have tried a gazillion ROM's over the past year on the DX, the TBolt and a couple on the Rezound. Call me biased, but I have yet to use anything as good as CyanogenMod... There are some talented Devs doing cool things to the Rezound, but I have not seen any that I would consider ready for prime time. Camera issues, battery and charging issues, all sorts of little bugs...

To me it isn't worth putting up with that stuff, just to be able to say "I have ICS"... Unless I have the full use of my phone, having ICS is no benefit to me. it's only a benefit if it works. I can use Go Launcher and Go Locker and use ICS themes and have it look like ICS, but actually work properly....

Escobar

Reaction score
I've enjoyed the phone so far. Had some data issues but they've been fixed. I haven't had any of the problems listed here though. Looking forward to this update and ICS as well. Battery life is awful though.

Sent from my HTC REZOUND using DroidForums

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
I actually get solid battery life from just unlocking and rooting, and then using Scott's tool to get rid of a crap ton of bloat. That seemed to help a lot.

esheesle

Reaction score
I actually get solid battery life from just unlocking and rooting, and then using Scott's tool to get rid of a crap ton of bloat. That seemed to help a lot.

Is that the cleantool? Was hoping there was a tool to unbloat for permroot that didn't require another temproot attempt.

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah. Unlock the phone via HTC's tool. Perm root it and install Amon Ra recovery, then use the Cleantool to get rid of all the bloat. Reboot, install your apps, get the phone exactly how you want it set up, and then drop to Amon Ra and create a Nandroid backup in case you hose something... that gives you a clean, fully installed and ready to roll recovery point to fall back on.

drknrgy

Reaction score
Hello,
I'm new to the forums and just saw the news re upcoming OTA for the Rez. I have searched through the threads but can't seem to find good info on how an OTA has any effect on a rooted/unlocked ,deBloated device. Although I personally have not experienced any of the bugs listed in the list for the OTA, I am hesitant and not quite sure how to proceed when this update appears on my device. Any help/advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

pwrdbykyank

Reaction score
i got a rooted/unlocked rezound and just right now as im writing this my phone just shutoff and started doing the update on its own. lol didnt even ask me if i wanted it so i have no choice but to go thorugh with it. i hope it doesnt lose the root and crap i dont have the patiance to do it again

drknrgy

Reaction score
Wow. That Is very interesting. Is there not a way to prevent an auto OTA ?
I am anxiously awaiting your outcome with this update and how it effects root. Keep me posted as I have not seen the push myself on my rezound. Good luck to you and let's go ICS !

drtnsnw

Reaction score
got the update this afternoon. Biggest thing it looks like it fixed is the yahoo mail would not show the body of the email, now it does. I am much happier!!

Chris

drknrgy

Reaction score
Were you root? Still root after ota ?

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just got the update too.

And I was gonna root it tonight for the first time...lol.

pwrdbykyank

Reaction score
Looks like root stayed, superuser is still there. Also im so glad to hear it fixed the yahoo mail thing with it not showing the body, it was so annoying.

drknrgy

Reaction score
Grab root check from market. It will verify root