HTC Rezound Drops to $50 on Verizon; May Point to Imminent Droid Incredible 4G Launch

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Apr 3, 2012.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief Staff Member Premium Member

[​IMG]

For those who were waiting for a great deal on the HTC Rezound, your day has arrived. Verizon just dropped the price on the "just-a-couple-months-old" flagship device. You can get it on a new contract for a measly $50 bucks from Big Red! Strangely, this is the same price as Amazon has it for, which is a very rare event. Here is a recap of the specs as a refresher:
    The timing of this price drop lead to some speculation that Verizon may be poised to drop the new Droid Incredible 4G on us soon. We heard rumblings about this device not too long ago. In fact, the rumors even suggested that it may come this month, so this Rezound price drop may not be random. Regardless, this is a great deal on a great phone.

Source: Verizon
  2. UrbanBounca

UrbanBounca Rescue Squad Staff Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

I've been waiting for a drop! It's mine on April 26!

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
  3. ExodusC

ExodusC New Member

Oh wow, at $50 that's a steal.

The phone is still top-end and has a real 720p screen (RGB matrix). Not OLED, but still.
  4. Mike8016

Mike8016 Member

g

Try to buy it now because the sale ends April 9th.
  5. UrbanBounca

UrbanBounca Rescue Squad Staff Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

How do you know? I've already tried upgrading early and they won't let me.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
  6. Mike8016

Mike8016 Member

It says on the Front page of verizonwireless.com You just have to get the right person. I upgraded four month early.
  7. DROID11

DROID11 New Member

I love HTC phones. If I wasn't so impatient and always wanting the newest, I'd spring for this as my upgrade is soon. I'm waiting to see what HTC puts out on Verizon comparable yup the one x, or if Verizon gets the one x. The unlocked bootloader, beats headphones, display, data connection, and everything else make this phone very tempting and a price tag of $50 make this tempting.
  8. AuxiliaryPie

AuxiliaryPie New Member

would totally do it for $50, even against the nexus. $250 price difference is big.
  9. tjk629

tjk629 New Member

"4.3” (diagonal) super LCD WVGA (1280x720)"

Is that right? WVGA is 480x800 not 1280x720.
  10. DROID11

DROID11 New Member

AFound out I'm eligible as of yesterday. If this deal will be matched by best buy, i may be the owner of a rezound Thursday.
  11. acousticshade

acousticshade New Member

It has a retina HD display, better than the Razr and arguably as good as the GNEX (also oled screens as on the GNEX can burn in like plasma TV's where as this is a LCD).

Lol, the headphones you get with the phone are worth more than $50 (and soooo worth it)!

Didn't the Rezound come out last November?? Makes this slightly more than a 'few' months old.
  12. LoudRam

LoudRam Well-Known Member

Here's one more person that took the plunge. For $50 that was a offer I couldn't refuse. I ordered it a few hours ago. And using VZ's trade in program I'm getting $79 for my Dinc 2. And I checked, that is on the lower end of what this phone sells for used on Amazon but I can live with it because now I don't have to go through the bother of trying to sell it. I got the phone for free using an insurance upgrade when my Dinc 1 went on the fritz after the gingerbread update. And now I'm getting another great phone for free. Like another guy said in another thread... Top tier phone at a basement price. That's a no brainer.

Sent from my Droid Incredible 2.
  13. Kag Pirate

Kag Pirate New Member

I picked one up for me and my wife awhile ago, I only paid $73.00 totaled for both phones and was worth the price. Long ago I was waiting for the G Nex, but with all the so/so reviews and lack of other features, I said heck $299.99 vs the 73.00 for 2 phones. Well I'm in love with my rezound and as a few have put it a lost GEM of a phone that should be pushed more. I have no regrets and if you want to root the phone it is a breezed. Enjoy the phone.
  14. Klaista2k

Klaista2k New Member

Should I go with the Bionic or a rezound? Hmmm.
  15. DROID11

DROID11 New Member

Don't get the bionic. It's an ok phone, but i would never get it on contract. It's about to be EOL when the Droid fighter comes out, motorola and Verizon will forget the bionic exists. the rezound us leaps and bounds above the bionic IMO, but I'm sort of an HTC fanboy
  16. loki993

loki993 New Member

Its a steal at twice the price, which is what I paid during the last sale lol.

Here's the thing though. First we've all heard it before, but Ill say it again, if your always waiting for the next thing, your always waiting. Second no one knows if Verizon will even get the one x, so your waiting for a phone that hasn't been announced yet and may not even exist. If previous situations are any indication, they probably wont get it. What they will get is a refreshed version 6 months to a year later, just as sprint is announcing their next HTC phone.

Also even if Verizon did get the one x 6 months down the road its surely going to be 300 dollars. I guess its up to you if its 250 dollars more phone. I don't know what Rezounds are going for on the open market, but you could upgrade, use it. If something new came out sell the Rez and get the new one off contract, it should at least be enough to offset the price a bit.

I wanted to see what the GSIII was going to be like, but with no announcement and no indication its even ever going to come to Verizon. 79 dollars for a Rezound was a great deal. I'm still running mine stock with full bloat and its plenty fast enough. Yeah everyone likes something that says its faster, but honestly do we really needed it? Probably not. It does eat batteries, but at this point that seems to be all the 4g phones. What little I could find on it its bad battery life was at least a little bit less bad than the others. You want battery life get a razr max.

I say its silly to not go with a Rezound at this prize. At 50 dollars you almost cant lose. Average new phone is what? 600 retail? so you sell the Rezound for 200 and your back at the 300 upgrade price. Easy.
  17. Klaista2k

Klaista2k New Member

Isn't the Rezound too similar to the Thunderbolt though? I saw it at the store and it's practically the same phone as the TBOLT but with slightly better hardware.
  18. tjk629

tjk629 New Member

Not really.
  19. DROID11

DROID11 New Member

JJ
    While i do agree with you about never having the latest and greatest, i feel like this phone will be eol soon. It's what 4-5 months old. You have sold me though, if best buy is willing to match this i will probably be going to pick it up tomorrow along with some type of a dock/extra battery as i will geta $50 gift card to best buy just for getting an upgrade through them. Plus they have a better return policy, so if something leaps and bounds ahead of this comes out in a few weeks i can swap the phones no hassle.
  20. loki993

loki993 New Member

I don't think It will be EOL until Verizon gets a new HTC phone, isn't the Incredible 4G a 4 inch screen? If tis not then maybe. Either way though you really cant beat the price on this thing for what you get. I doubt you'll be disappointed. Plus even if it does go EOL on Verizon I think it will have at least decent Dev support. All that's personal opinion though.
Search tags for this page

htc rezound for sale