Htc rezound camera wont load

indee2025

Reaction score
Ok: after putting the icon on the home screen I opened it and it brought up the camera app (with a black screen rather than an image). I hit home, it brought me to the home screen Nd then reopened the app and it was a black screen with the top bar (time, notifications, etc) being the only thing showing. After about 10 seconds it closed and went to the one screen. When I went to settings to stop the app, it wasn't on the list of running apps for me to stop. When I tried opening it again, my entire screen was black for about 20-30 seconds and then went back to the home screen.

Ok, I still need to know what happened when you tried the tricks from my previous posts in this thread...did you try a 3rd party camera app? If so what were the results, try at least 2 different free camera apps and let me know what occurred, it's the easier to narrow down the issue if it can be replicated across different apps...a factory reset is like walking blindfolded across a busy street-it works for some but not for others...it's better to replicate the issue on demand by narrowing down what isn't the problem so we can treat the problem directly-a factory reset may work but you will never know why it worked or if the problem will come back...

indee2025

Reaction score
Hi,

Thank you for the help. I tried the suggestions given, and unfortunately none helped. I did try a factory reset one more time just for kicks, and it actually fixed the problem this time. Since the problem is resolved, should I still consider taking it back to Verizon?

Thanks again!

I agree with LoudRam to a point-if its indeed fixed and you're not experiencing issues then there should be no need, sometimes apps conflict with each other and something as simple as a reset may clear logs/temp data and eliminate the conflict....but make no mistake, 2 week window or not, you got this under a contract and have a warranty which should be at least 1 year, so if you are experiencing the same issue during that year take it back as it's probably not just a glitch at that point...until then enjoy your device!

eclaire426

Reaction score
Ok, I still need to know what happened when you tried the tricks from my previous posts in this thread...did you try a 3rd party camera app? If so what were the results, try at least 2 different free camera apps and let me know what occurred, it's the easier to narrow down the issue if it can be replicated across different apps...a factory reset is like walking blindfolded across a busy street-it works for some but not for others...it's better to replicate the issue on demand by narrowing down what isn't the problem so we can treat the problem directly-a factory reset may work but you will never know why it worked or if the problem will come back...

I tried 3 different third party camera apps... The first time I opened each of them after downloading they opened and showed the options for the app along the border, but the space in the center where the image should be to take a picture was black. When I tried to touch an option on the outside or even push the shutter button to take a picture the entire app went black and froze until I hit the home or back screen. When I went into settings to close the app, it wasn't in the list of running apps to close. A day or two later I tried opening again and they didn't open at all.. Just a black screen. I also recently tried to Skype and the video portion wouldn't load (mine or the video image of the other person on my screen); but we did still get the audio working normally. If I tried to turn on the video or change front/ back camera it froze and disconnected. Once it even froze my entire phone and I had to restart it.

indee2025

Reaction score
I tried 3 different third party camera apps... The first time I opened each of them after downloading they opened and showed the options for the app along the border, but the space in the center where the image should be to take a picture was black. When I tried to touch an option on the outside or even push the shutter button to take a picture the entire app went black and froze until I hit the home or back screen. When I went into settings to close the app, it wasn't in the list of running apps to close. A day or two later I tried opening again and they didn't open at all.. Just a black screen. I also recently tried to Skype and the video portion wouldn't load (mine or the video image of the other person on my screen); but we did still get the audio working normally. If I tried to turn on the video or change front/ back camera it froze and disconnected. Once it even froze my entire phone and I had to restart it.

In my opinion, if it were a software bug like I've seen numerous times in the past it would have been cleared up via one of these methods, unfortunately it sounds to me like the camera hardware is faulty, it sounds like the camera software is trying to do it's job but the hardware is causing an error so that in turn makes the software error-you get the black screen/timeout-& the device returns to a state of use IE home screen or the like...if you're lucky & it's under warranty because you got this on contract you can exchange it but if not simply google some ifixit type repair shops in your area and ask them what it will cost to replace the camera in your Rezound BUT DONT PAY THAT PRICE, just get an idea of what it cost...then go on ebay or another source and buy the camera yourself, then go back to that same shop and ask them how much to fix it & let them know you already have the correct part...it will give you the best chance of paying the lowest price since it now gives you room to discover what their labor costs are....(Oh & don't try to replace the camera yourself unless you are a retired watch maker or beyond incredibly confident that you can do it....read some posts in this forum of DIY Rezound nightmares before attempting a DIY)

Solitary

Reaction score
Hello;

Dear I am in trouble, I have HTC wildfire. its camera is not working when I go in camera apps then black screen turns on and just can be back in menu from 'home button' I have reset factory setting I have reset hard factory setting. I have pulled out my battery sim and Sd card and again put but nothing happened, kindly advice me please

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
Solitary said:
Hello;

Dear I am in trouble, I have HTC wildfire. its camera is not working when I go in camera apps then black screen turns on and just can be back in menu from 'home button' I have reset factory setting I have reset hard factory setting. I have pulled out my battery sim and Sd card and again put but nothing happened, kindly advice me please

Have you tried all the tips in this thread? If not try them first starting at the beginning of the thread then we can go from there.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Droid Forums

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hello;

That sounds like a bad sensor(or bad camera app if the phone is rooted), or something crazy like the sensor being blocked.

Ticiz

Reaction score
This post is kind of old and I read a lot and did not see if the person got the problem resolved.
I restarted my phone, covered the camera like suggested, and still did not work. The camera came back to normal after I removed my battery for a minute.
I hope it will help someone.