Htc rezound camera wont load

mikhailov5

Reaction score
Im having difficulties with my camera. When I click on the camera logo, the camera starts loading but then automatically goes back to the home screen. The camera will not load and I cannot take any pictures. I did a factory reset and it did not solve the problem. Please help.

indee2025

Reaction score
Did you flash any of the ics leaks, are you rooted, just need some more information on what has been done to the device beyond just being stock GB.

IF you try to download another camera app from the playstore does you camera respond when you try to activate it through that app?

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
Indee asked the right questions. If we have that information we can help you a lot better.

Sent from my HTC Rezound infused with ice cream goodness using Droid Forums.

OP
M

mikhailov5

Reaction score
I did not flash any ics leaks, no im not rooted. Nothing has been done to this device at all. I bought the phone used and the camera wont seem to load. I downloaded pudding camera from the playstore and when i try opening it, a message comes up and says camera open error. Please help

indee2025

Reaction score
This is a similar error experienced on lots of different devices from many manufacturers.
A few things you can try:
-Go into settings>applications>manage applications>go to the camera and force stop it if it's running. Then before you start the camera again hold your index finger over the back camera lens while at the same time hold your thumb over the front camera lens, be sure they are completely covered then start the camera app. Hold the lenses covered for no less than 30 seconds. Does anything happen?

-If above didn't work, try reopening the camera app and pressing on the display normally over the "switch to front face camera" icon many many times in rapid succession for about 30 seconds or until the front face camera opens up. Does anything happen?

Let us know if either of these remedies get any response out of your camera before we move on.

sn2hotty

Reaction score
FYI, I was having the same issue with my wife's Rezound. The thumb and index finger trick mentioned above worked. I wish I had seen this thread BEFORE I did a factory reset! LOL Thanks for your help!

indee2025

Reaction score
FYI, I was having the same issue with my wife's Rezound. The thumb and index finger trick mentioned above worked. I wish I had seen this thread BEFORE I did a factory reset! LOL Thanks for your help!
Good to hear!
If this fixed the issue it's probably temporary and the real issue is the software is having trouble determining who gets precedence between the front & rear camera, when it can't decide who gets to activate first it essentially gets "overloaded" and errors causing the camera not to display....if you were to switch to the front facing camera icon multiple times in a rapid succession you would see the front camera activate since you are giving more "requests" to utilize the front facing camera...not sure how to go about fixing other than sending back to HTC for service or Verizon if you have a warranty...

eclaire426

Reaction score
This is a similar error experienced on lots of different devices from many manufacturers.
-Go into settings>applications>manage applications>go to the camera and force stop it if it's running. Then before you start the camera again hold your index finger over the back camera lens while at the same time hold your thumb over the front camera lens, be sure they are completely covered then start the camera app. Hold the lenses covered for no less than 30 seconds. Does anything happen?

-If above didn't work, try reopening the camera app and pressing on the display normally over the "switch to front face camera" icon many many times in rapid succession for about 30 seconds or until the front face camera opens up. Does anything happen?

Let us know if either of these remedies get any response out of your camera before we move on.

I am experiencing the exact same problem, except my phone is a RAZR rather than the rezound. I tried your suggestions and they didn't make any difference. Any other ideas? I'd really appreciate it!

indee2025

Reaction score
I am experiencing the exact same problem, except my phone is a RAZR rather than the rezound. I tried your suggestions and they didn't make any difference. Any other ideas? I'd really appreciate it!
Sure, first put the camera icon on the home screen then I just need a good description on what happens when you activate your camera from that icon, then after you activate it hit home (not back button) then reopen it again and note what happens, then go into the settings>applications>running services>tap the camera icon in the running services and stop or force stop it then open it again from the home screen icon and note what happens...if you can come back and post that info I can try to narrow it down.

MissP00tie

Reaction score

Hi,

I am having the same issue with my HTC Rezound. I click on the camera icon, and it brings up a black screen for a split second, and then goes back to the apps menu. I have tried holding my finger and thumb over the rear and front camera, and unfortunately, that didn't work. I am unable to try the second option, (clicking on the "switch to front facing camera") because my camera doesn't stay open long enough to even click on that option.

This phone has not been modified in any way. It was purchased brand new at a Verizon store within the last two months. I've also tried to factory reset, and this doesn't help either. Any other suggestions, or should I just take it in to the store?

Thanks for any help!

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
MissP00tie said:
Hi,

I am having the same issue with my HTC Rezound. I click on the camera icon, and it brings up a black screen for a split second, and then goes back to the apps menu. I have tried holding my finger and thumb over the rear and front camera, and unfortunately, that didn't work. I am unable to try the second option, (clicking on the "switch to front facing camera") because my camera doesn't stay open long enough to even click on that option.

This phone has not been modified in any way. It was purchased brand new at a Verizon store within the last two months. I've also tried to factory reset, and this doesn't help either. Any other suggestions, or should I just take it in to the store?

Thanks for any help!

Have you tried the other suggestion indee had? Going into settings and force stop your camera app.

indee2025

Reaction score
Hi,

Thanks for any help!

If your camera worked for a bit & then suddenly one day it just goes to a black screen then back to the menu there are a couple of possible solutions that come to mind. First off, did you recently download an app that in the permissions for it's use asks to access the camera? That maybe the first place to look but requires a good memory!

1) Download a third party free camera app from the marketplace.....does the camera respond when you use the new app from the market? (try any of the free camera apps you'd like, just be cautious of suspicious permissions) You can uninstall the app later.

2) Go to settings>applications>running services>click the camera app and stop it...go to the stock camera app and try it again, if it still force closes and returns to the main screen, go into the gallery app, once there click the upper right corner of the screen on the word "camera"....does it launch you into the camera or does it force close?

One or both of these tricks will hopefully restore the camera launching function as demanded directly from the camera app icon but if not....

Most definitely head back into the Verizon store and ask for a replacement...the only reason I'd suggest the tricks be done prior to returning the device is because the Rezound is an out-of-the-box solid device and ethically we should try to fix the issue if we know how or it's something caused by downloading a recent app that had conflicts with the stock camera app; but if that's not reasonably possible then it's time for Verizon & HTC to pony up and give you what you paid for which was a 100% fully functional device. Hope that helps!

eclaire426

Reaction score
Sure, first put the camera icon on the home screen then I just need a good description on what happens when you activate your camera from that icon, then after you activate it hit home (not back button) then reopen it again and note what happens, then go into the settings>applications>running services>tap the camera icon in the running services and stop or force stop it then open it again from the home screen icon and note what happens...if you can come back and post that info I can try to narrow it down.

Ok: after putting the icon on the home screen I opened it and it brought up the camera app (with a black screen rather than an image). I hit home, it brought me to the home screen Nd then reopened the app and it was a black screen with the top bar (time, notifications, etc) being the only thing showing. After about 10 seconds it closed and went to the one screen. When I went to settings to stop the app, it wasn't on the list of running apps for me to stop. When I tried opening it again, my entire screen was black for about 20-30 seconds and then went back to the home screen.

MissP00tie

Reaction score
Hi,

Thank you for the help. I tried the suggestions given, and unfortunately none helped. I did try a factory reset one more time just for kicks, and it actually fixed the problem this time. Since the problem is resolved, should I still consider taking it back to Verizon?

Thanks again!

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
MissP00tie said:
Hi,

Thank you for the help. I tried the suggestions given, and unfortunately none helped. I did try a factory reset one more time just for kicks, and it actually fixed the problem this time. Since the problem is resolved, should I still consider taking it back to Verizon?

Thanks again!

Since the problem is fixed and you're past the two week window they would most likely do nothing because it works now. Their go to fix when they can't figure it out is a factory reset so that's all they would have done to it and handed it right back to you anyway. If your phone was a new phone and it's working fine I'd say hold onto it. If you return it there is a good chance that you'll get a refurbished phone instead of a new one. But if your worried that it'll happen again try and exchange it. The worst they can do is say no.