HTC Rezound BOOTLOADER Unlocked!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
droid-from-the-forums.jpg

HTC Rezound users! The day has finally come. Its time to unlock your bootloaders, root your phone, install a custom recovery and mod your device to your heart's content! You guys will now be able to enjoy the benefits of an easily customizable device, and who knows maybe someone is working on ICS for you right now?! The process isn't dificult, but you should know that this may void your warranty, and if you mess something up you could have a paper weight on your hands. If this doesn't bother you proceed with caution!

htcunlock.jpg

This does require that the SDK be installed which is really not that difficult of a process. Just search youtube there are lots of tutorials. You will need all the proper HTC drivers installed. A full description and tutorial of the unlocking process has been put together to make this whole process seemless by one of our very own "macpro88" to see his easy to follow guide just check out the link below. Let The Modding Begin!

Grab the instructions to unlock your Rezound bootloader here.

Last edited:

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Easy process! Thank you everyone who hounded HTC to do this, I can't believe they did it out of the goodness of their hearts.

OP
DroidModderX

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
see Motorola should really be taking notes!!!!!!!!!!!!

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
OMG!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
DroidModderX

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
According to Moto it is the "carriers fault". Well that story seems to be full of holes!

Agreed

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks for linking my guide :)

And yes, Motorola should be taking notes!

And HTC has also said that ALL 2011 devices will be unlocked! That's great news!

npro1464

Reaction score
Congrats Rezound owners!! Hopefully the dev support will be there. Keep nagging VZW and the phone manufacturers to keep their phones unlocked. I want to be able to root and flash my future phone (one more year to go...)!!!

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
According to Moto it is the "carriers fault". Well that story seems to be full of holes!

It really is.

Moto to my knowledge is the only company that locks & encrypts their bootloader.

Which is what the big issue is. It really isn't the locking, but the encryption that is a PITA.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes Moto...there is a user base thats wants the bootloader unlocked. They did it with the Xoom....they can do it again. Even if it means stock Android. Anyway...good job HTC!!!

To add to the pile on....heres looking at you Moto.....love my DX1 and RAZR still....but here's looking at you Moto....

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nice to see you guys joining the unlocked team! I'll have to try and get my friend to unlock his!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
good job htc :D, bad job moto:angry:.

loki993

Reaction score
Hopefully moto catches on here but I'm afraid they won't. It'd be nice having an unlocked D4

Sent from my DROIDXified ICS D2 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

diggy488

Reaction score
The Rezound can be a whole new phone now. I'm excited for you all!!