Htc Rezound boot animations on different roms

apophis9283

Reaction score
I am running RezRom ICS v1.2. I have been trying to figure out how to change boot animation. Has anyone figured out how to do this?

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
I am running RezRom ICS v1.2. I have been trying to figure out how to change boot animation. Has anyone figured out how to do this?

I think you posted this on XDA as well. If memory serves correctly RezROM uses bootanimation.zip in /system/media..?? If not then it's Vigor_VZW_bootanimation.zip in /system/customize/resource. It it's the latter check my posts on XDA about this. It requires a strict structure.

OP
A

apophis9283

Reaction score
Yeah i did, heres my issue, system/customize has HTC_bootanimation and system/media has bootanimation and downanimation. I have tried replacing them and nothing works.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah i did, heres my issue, system/customize has HTC_bootanimation and system/media has bootanimation and downanimation. I have tried replacing them and nothing works.

Oh, I remember something about bootanimations not working properly on RezROM's on reboots but always worked on power on. Might be that I have that backwards. In either case do a full power down and see if you get the animation.

OP
A

apophis9283

Reaction score
Replaced boot animation in system/media and did a full power down still nothing. so confusing

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Replaced boot animation in system/media and did a full power down still nothing. so confusing

Wait for some of the guys/gals over on XDA to chime in. I've never run RezROM so I can't fully say. Whatever the outcome I'll make sure both posts(here and there) get updated in case other people are having the same problem. Also, if you can upload me the default bootanimation(that came with RezROM) I can see what the deal with it is and we can try a few things.

Last edited:

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
thank you very much, what should the desc.txt read?

Mine are always:
720 1280 15
**720 is width 1280 is height 15 is Frames Per Second(FPS)**

p 1 15 beats
**p just stands for part 1 is the number of times to loop 15 is the delay(in frames) to pause after displaying the contents of the beats folder**
p 15 15 VZW

I've never had any luck with a boot animation running at greater than 15 FPS. But this exact layout has always worked for me. Obviously don't copy the ** comments **.

OP
A

apophis9283

Reaction score
yeah im redownloading it now, i had the same thought, to take apart the rom and see whats going on, still all help will be appreciated. I dont have a dropbox acct how can I get it to you