HTC Rezound Black Friday

hoboX10

Reaction score
I know the phone will have JUST come out, but does anyone think there's a chance of the Rezound having some sort of Black Friday deal. This phone is basically the ideal phone I've been waiting to upgrade to, and I'll be getting it either way.

combatmedic870

Reaction score
i would hit up radio shack and see if they still have the $100 off deal on all verizon smart phones.

OP
hoboX10

hoboX10

Reaction score
i would hit up radio shack and see if they still have the $100 off deal on all verizon smart phones.
Well I'm actually already with Verizon and I'm just upgrading from my older phone, so I don't think I can get deals from other stores?

Unless I'm able to have them activate it and renew the contract through Verizon? Does that work? That would be amazing.

combatmedic870

Reaction score
radio shack has a verizon kiosk in it. they are an authorized dealer. Im not sure about the details though.....I hope its not only with starting a new contract....Im going to have to look into it. i planned on utilizing that.

steveo7034

Reaction score
Yes, if you are eligible for an upgrade RadioShack can upgrade you. The only problem though is if they will get it. I saw some things that only Verizon and BestBuy will be getting it. Kinda like the Rhyme with Target. As for the $100, it will be ongoing and if RadioShack does get the Rezound (I hope they do) it will sell for $200. If it is a new every 2 or just a one year upgrade they can not do it. Only standard upgrades.

TheOldFart

Reaction score
It's the new every 2 upgrade. Well, knowing that they can't do it sucks. Oh well.

Radio Shack and Best Buy can do your NE2 upgrade. You will just not get your $30 or $50 NE2 rebate that you get if you upgrade at a Verizon corporate store. At least that is what I was told at both RS and BB.

steveo7034

Reaction score
RadioShack unfortunately cannot do ne2. There was some confusion in the beginning but they cannot. Best buy may be able to I'm not sure but I work at radioshack and from what I have been told by my rep we cannot.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums

orionsvantage

Reaction score
You don't have to be at a corporate store to.use your ne2. Most indirect retailers will honor it too.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

TheOldFart

Reaction score
I think we might be talking about slightly different things with NE2. There are 2 aspects with it. The first is the ability to get a new phone after 20 months on contract at the subsidized price. The second is the $30 or $50 off of the subsidized price. I consider NE2 to be the ability to get a new subsidized phone after 20 months. This is available at any reseller. The second, the $30 or $50 off, is only available at a Verizon corporate store based on what I have been told. I was told at both RS and BB that the money off is not available with them. However, they are often more than the discount cheaper than a Verizon corporate store.

orionsvantage

Reaction score
No, we are talking about the same thing. You've just been misinformed. Most (if not all) premium indirect agents as well as other authorized retailers will honor the 30 50 or 100 credits.

The big box retailers cannot honor annual upgrades or ne2 credits.
Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

ses020570

Reaction score
If you are eligible for upgrade and have extra phones lying around not being used, Verizon will determine value and give you gift cards that can be used toward the purchase of the phone. The 2-year upgrade price is $299. However, with my employer discount and taking in some other phones I am not using, I will get it for just under $100!!!!!!

I know the phone will have JUST come out, but does anyone think there's a chance of the Rezound having some sort of Black Friday deal. This phone is basically the ideal phone I've been waiting to upgrade to, and I'll be getting it either way.

steveo7034

Reaction score
O ok then yes haha. Radio Shack can do upgrades every 20 months. Just not the further discounts of $30 or $50.