HTC Reiterates Via FB That Desire S, Tbolt & Other Devices Will Get ICS End Of August

Drew_P

Reaction score
Sounds good.....if it comes true.

sent from my Rezound powered bolt of thunder!!!

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
That's good news since my wife now uses my Dinc2. Having taken a fresh look at the list of HTC phones due to get ICS, I'm really impressed. No other phone maker is backing models that old. It's says a lot for HTC. That's just one more reason why I buy nothing but HTC.

rbw62

Reaction score
I guess "Old Phones" is older than 6 months these days. Says a lot about consumerism!

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
I guess "Old Phones" is older than 6 months these days. Says a lot about consumerism!

I consider an "old phone" to be over a year old. And that speaks more to the tech side of the phone. Both the TB and the Dinc 2 are almost 1 1/2 years old but tech wise the Dinc 2 is a dinosaur with it's single core processor and HTC is still giving it ICS.

rbw62

Reaction score
Understand, I was in it business for years. PC's were old @ 4 months one time, but that is not true any longer. Just do some upgrades, and you have a new pc. I know that is not thr case with cell phones, but they too will reach a plateu one day.

npro1464

Reaction score
Ill believe it when I see it. Where's the leak?

I'm never getting a non-nexus device again.

OP
armeddroid

armeddroid

Reaction score
Quite sure once its released, we wont see until early September.
Google is releasing it at the end of this month per FB but the carrier has to load up their garbage on it first before its pushed out.

UNC

Reaction score
I consider an "old phone" to be over a year old. And that speaks more to the tech side of the phone. Both the TB and the Dinc 2 are almost 1 1/2 years old but tech wise the Dinc 2 is a dinosaur with it's single core processor and HTC is still giving it ICS.
The TB is also single core....

Quite sure once its released, we wont see until early September.
Google is releasing it at the end of this month per FB but the carrier has to load up their garbage on it first before its pushed out.

Not to be a dick, but you have no idea how the updates work. Google released ICS last year, its taken HTC and Verizon this long already to get it out. It will release by the end of the month... Problem is, many TBs have crapped out multiple times and been replaced by less troublesome devices. Others just suck so bad that the users won't care about an update, they will just painfully wait for an upgrade.

It's not your dream phone, its the one after that....So i guess its my "Waking up early to go to work" phone. Damn that sucks...

OP
armeddroid

armeddroid

Reaction score
UNC said:
The TB is also single core....

Not to be a dick, but you have no idea how the updates work. Google released ICS last year, its taken HTC and Verizon this long already to get it out. It will release by the end of the month... Problem is, many TBs have crapped out multiple times and been replaced by less troublesome devices. Others just suck so bad that the users won't care about an update, they will just painfully wait for an upgrade.

It's not your dream phone, its the one after that....So i guess its my "Waking up early to go to work" phone. Damn that sucks...

Well i meant HTC, I'm quite knowledgeable about how updates work. You took it literally. It's stated HTC will drop the update, not Verizon. Verizon dont work with HTC to get it to work on the phone. They just wait like everyone else while HTC goes through the tests to make sure it works. Verizon has nothing to do with that. Once HTC finishes they hand it over to the distributor or carrier in this sense.
Once Verizon gets it, they make an announcement while setting it up for their release since HTC isn't the one who pushes the updates to our phones.
As for your analysis on user experience; alot of people didn't have any issues with this phone. I know plenty of people who have a Tbolt without issues. Most of them care less about the update.
So instead of starting off your sentence and taking things too literal, which is pointless your "Not to be a dick" intro made you just fall "short" and became that "dick" all by yourself.
Need to chill out.

wardo

Reaction score
Pretty sure it's not, only a single monkey in there.

tap a talka thingy