HTC question

trackman1

Reaction score
I dont know where to ask this because I dont see this phone,.....my wife has a HTC Ryme and I wanted to know what folder do I transfer a pic to change wallpaper?

Thanks

zanshin825

Reaction score
You should just be able to make the picture wallpaper in your gallery.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

OP
T

trackman1

Reaction score
thanks but I dont understand what youmean...dont you have to transfer the pic from the pc to the phone????

Mike.757

Silver Member
Reaction score
Open up the picture you want to use as a wallpaper. Press down and hold the picture. You should get several choices pop up. Select "set as" a new menu should pop up. Select "wallpaper". Your picture should now be the wallpaper.

Mike.757

Silver Member
Reaction score
OK. Re-read your question. You want to know where to put a picture, when you transfer it to your phone. On your sd card in DCIM/camera or in the folder labeled pictures. Either one will work.

OP
T

trackman1

Reaction score
Thanks but I dont see a folder labeled pictures when I look at the phone as a hard drive...also where would the ringtones be transfered tofrom pc to phone?

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
The dcim folder is usually where you can find pics; sometimes camera. Ringtones are usually in a folder labeled media.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

OP
T

trackman1

Reaction score
thanks again...i understand but I dont see a folder labeled media......I do see a folder labeled dcim where i guess i can transfer the pics to

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
thanks again...i understand but I dont see a folder labeled media......I do see a folder labeled dcim where i guess i can transfer the pics to

You can also create folders to place things in. :)

I've always created a "Ringtones" folder for ringtones, a "Pictures" folder for pictures, a "Wallpaper" folder for wallpaper, a "Music" folder for music, a "Videos" folder for videos, etc. You can create any folders you want to in order to manage/store your files in a way that best fits your uses.

OP
T

trackman1

Reaction score
great thanks now I understand..I can create folders on the HD of the phone the same as if i was creating folders in fie explorer on my pc...is that correct??

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
great thanks now I understand..I can create folders on the HD of the phone the same as if i was creating folders in fie explorer on my pc...is that correct??

Yes indeed. As far as transferring media and personal files, just think of the phone as a USB flash drive when it's connected to your computer. It operates in pretty much the same way for basic tasks.

You can also created folders on the microSD card if you have one installed.

OP
T

trackman1

Reaction score
thank you again so very much for your help....i did that with my galaxy nexus, and just wanted to make sure it can be done for my wife's HTC ryme...i am not sure yet if the ryme has a microSD card I have to check

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
thank you again so very much for your help....i did that with my galaxy nexus, and just wanted to make sure it can be done for my wife's HTC ryme...i am not sure yet if the ryme has a microSD card I have to check

It can be done that way with all Android devices. Some don't have USB mass storage mode, but rather just media and camera modes. Both of those modes will offer the same basic functionality for the transfer of files.

And according to Verizon's website, the Rhyme has 4GB of internal memory and comes with an 8GB microSD card pre-installed. :)