HTC Passion / HTC Bravo Update - January 2010 Release

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
7dec09kjyrt235rsa.jpg

Ai.rs surprises us with great news today after the disappointing rumors floating around yesterday of the delayed HTC Passion. Turns out the HTC Passion aka HTC Bravo might now be available in the US as early as next month, three months ahead of the expected European release. Check out the new leaked photo (pictured above) of the phone.

Networks: WCDMA/HSPA: 900/2100 Mhz; GSM/GPRS/EDGE: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz

Display: 3.7-inch WVGA (Wide VGA - 800x480) AMOLED capacitive touch screen

Camera: 5mp with Autofocus, 2x LED Flashlight

Video Recording: 720p Video Capture

Chipset: Qualcomm QSD 8250, 1Ghz Snapdragon

Battery: 1400mAh

Extras: microSD, WLAN, Bluetooth 2.1 with EDR, GPS/AGPS, G-Sensor, Digital Compass, FM Radio, microUSB, 3.5mm audio jack

Thanks for the tip Naman919!

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Now this poses the question for me. DO I buy Droid now for my GF, or do I wait and see if the Passiion hite here. It's a very nice looking device indeed

Anomander

Reaction score
I didn't realize the processor was that fast. I wonder how the battery life will stack up for it. Phone looks nice though.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I wouldn't count on it being released in January Miami. Article states what was already said. A Spring release.............

"It looks like a great spring for all Android lovers."

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It's basically a droid with Fm radio and a better processor. Well that and sense UI. Well i would hope they have learned from their mistakes with the eris, in the battery sense. Have things alittle better maintained in that respect. That and it can come with an optional joystick. ;)

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't count on it being released in January Miami. Article states what was already said. A Spring release.............

"It looks like a great spring for all Android lovers."

Then dude i'm gonna have to bite the bullit. Buy a seond Droid,(she won't wait much longer) and then maybe upgrade my 3rd line when/if the Passion get's released :icon_eek:

OP
danDroid

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Engadget was actually the source for the January release date:
"We realize we might have overfed you a little with that plentiful leak of HTC's 2010 plans, so here's a chance to better ogle and digest HTC's "Performance" flagship to be: the Bravo. Pairing Android with Qualcomm's 1GHz Snapdragon and presenting a 3.7-inch AMOLED facade, this certainly ticks the headline boxes, and the addition of a five megapixel AF cam capable of 720p video capture gives it an extra sheen of 2010 newness. The picture above is accompanied by less solid info indicating a 1,400mAh battery, which will be joined by the mandatory WiFi, Bluetooth and MicroUSB connectivity, plus MicroSD expansion, FM radio tuner, digital compass, and a 3.5mm headphone jack. Then again, the source is the same bunch of heroes responsible for our extra early -- and accurate -- info on the HD2, so those specs may be considered pretty reliable. Oh, if you're wondering about the touchscreen, it's capacitive, like it should be.

Update: If you were wondering about the difference between the Bravo and the recently leaked Passion, there is none other than the branding apparently. We're also hearing that the above handset will be available in the US in January, a cool three months ahead of the expected European release."

HTC Bravo pictured more lucidly (Update: coming to US in January as HTC Passion) -- Engadget

calpilot7

Reaction score
I like the OLED but I am not feeling the overall lady Gillette design. The buttons on the front would always be accidentally activated. No thanks. I'll stick with the Moto until LTE.

foolie

Reaction score
Damn, I was hoping this phone to appear sleeker but I like the industrial style design of the Droid more. Will be keeping my 54 additional pixels!

soyboy

Reaction score
I'll check it out when it arrives, if I like it I'll buy it and give my Droid to my wife. Although in reality, I am pretty happy with my Droid and might even let her have the HTC. She will likely appreciate the form factor more than me, plus I like the keyboard when surfing the web. Time will tell. Likely can't go wrong either way. Plus I think Moto has some other Android phones heading to Verizon in 2010.

tktouch12

Reaction score
that is awesome, now i really don't know if i should get the (buggy, crashing, freezing, with what ppl say is a bad physical keyboard) droid, or wait for this.. any advice?

Cole119

Reaction score
that is awesome, now i really don't know if i should get the (buggy, crashing, freezing, with what ppl say is a bad physical keyboard) droid, or wait for this.. any advice?
Those people complaining are the loud few with problems. My Droid hasn't crashed once since I've gotten it and I haven't had any problems besides the camera autofocus bug, and that fixed itself. As for the physical keyboard, I love it, but I'm coming from an env2, so my standards aren't as high as say, someone coming from a Blackberry.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Am I the only one not impressed by this phone?
Nope.
Am I the only one not impressed by this phone?

No I'm not that impressed either. It doesn't seem to be much thinner without a physical keyboard. I Love the physical keyboard and I love the resolution On my Droid
I too have grown to love the physical keyboard...
I'm not digging the protruding 'hard key's on the HTC
Those people complaining are the loud few with problems. My Droid hasn't crashed once since I've gotten it and I haven't had any problems besides the camera autofocus bug, and that fixed itself. As for the physical keyboard, I love it, but I'm coming from an env2, so my standards aren't as high as say, someone coming from a Blackberry.

+1 boss