HTC OpenSense SDK

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
OpenSenseSDK-550x224.jpg

It’s been a few years since HTC first unleashed their beautiful “Android skin” known as Sense UI. We first saw it on the HTC Hero and since then, it has evolved, matured and even become the central focus for HTC and the reason, they feel, consumers would want an HTC device over all the rest. There’s no denying the beauty of Sense and the amount of polish all the native apps have about them but that was offset by the majority of apps having a stock “vanilla” Android UI to them. But after years of honing Sense on a plethora of devices and refining it to what we see today, HTC has formally announced their commitment to the developer community and has opened up their new site HTCdev.com.

HTCdevTweet-550x234.jpg

Now, using their OpenSense SDK, developers from all over the world now have the API’s they need to tinker around and create apps built around and tailored to HTC’s custom UI. One of the cool API’s devs now have access to is the Scribe Pen API which could lead devs to creating some interesting and unique apps using HTC’s Scribe Pen in gaming apps and/or note taking apps. Or how about about HTC’s 3D API devs can use in their apps to create eye-popping 3D visuals in their apps? Pretty exciting stuff.
HTC is hoping this new move will help distinguish their UI from the multitude of devices from OEM’s all over the globe by giving them the edge where it matters most – apps. App exclusivity seems to be a hot topic going around these days and it looks like we’re just getting started. I, for one, am excited to see what developers will come up using the OpenSense SDK. Viva, la Android!

SOURCE: https://twitter.com/#!/htc/status/76340540576251904

ggtus

Reaction score
what I want to know is will this help those without HTC devices get certain widgets ported as the sdk is out, but still no source...

04CiviCon20s

Reaction score
what I want to know is will this help those without HTC devices get certain widgets ported as the sdk is out, but still no source...

That's exactly what I want to know. I for one would have no need for a ThunderBolt if I could have HTC sense UI on my DX. I absolutely love those widgets, especially the Gmail, Texts, , picture album

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL

That's exactly what I want to know. I for one would have no need for a ThunderBolt if I could have HTC sense UI on my DX. I absolutely love those widgets, especially the Gmail, Texts, , picture album

Agreed. My next phone will most likely be from HTC, but that is a year away. If i could get Sense on my DX, that would be sweet.